• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I HATE Interval International ......

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We used to have II then RCI went back to II for a few years but still kept RCI. Since we have downsized our ownerships in timeshares, we no longer use II. Although they still send me info to renew. We have 3 weeks total at 3 different resorts. We were able to bank our week in Ireland this year in RCI and had a 3 TPU that was about to expire left over from another exchange week. RCI allowed us to combine this with our 33 TPU Ireland week so we have 36 TPU that doesn’t expire until May 2022. No charge for this . Then to my surprise I found a VV certificate in my deposit that I can use by June 5th. To travel to my choice from 12 Timeshares . We put a hold on VV. In Weston for October. RCI gave us until May 31,2021 as options. Since we moved our vacations to 2021. This bonus week in October is good for us. Hoping South Florida will be in better shape by then. I know this thread is about II. But when I saw mention of RCI I thought you should here my story.
Stay safe and be kind!
Silentg
If administrators need to move my post to a more appropriate spot that’s ok.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Right place, right time!!:cheer: Your situation is very far from the norm though. If I was using ACs to cover my rent, I would be pleased if there was a nice affordable resort I could get for about $400/week especially at the beach!! But most people use timeshares for vacations, so paying any amount of money just to sit in a room isn't that appealing. Might as well just sit safe at home and keep your money in the bank during these uncertain times.

BTW, would you still love them if they intentionally blocked Oahu on a replacement week you already prepaid that got cancelled when the resort closed, even if it wasn't blacked out on others' certificates? I am happy for you, but it doesn't mean that II is making a concerted effort toward great customer service.
Agreed right place at the right time and yes our situation is a one off not likely to be replicated. This is an ongoing working vacation and sitting in the room only occurs when working, eating and sleeping as required. The daily view alone is worth the money. When the beach was closed we had daily access to the closed Ko Olina golf course for long daily walks (averaged 20,000 steps per day in April). Now that the beach and golf course are open we can do both when time permits daily (golf course closed on Monday's).

I believe I would be disappointed if II blocked a replacement week but I am an individual who tries to take things as they are and move on quickly. Having II hold prepaid $'s and providing certificate for future use is good enough for me to not spend time stressing out on things I likely cannot change.

What I like about II today is they continue to offer Marriott Ko Olina Getaway's (using 5 between now and July 26th at an average cost of $1,100 per week for a 2 bedroom) that allows us to stay cheaper than using MVCI points and extend our ability to ride this out indefinitely. We understand the II Getaway opportunity is limited only to those already on Oahu due to the 14 day quarantine and several locals are taking advantage of the II Getaway's based on the increased people I'm seeing around the resort even with everything closed.

II has and continues to allow us to take advantage of our current choice of location to ride this out and we do not underestimate how fortunate we currently are. As they say in golf I'd rather be lucky than good any day. Lucky we are!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Anyone have any codes for platinum II membership?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Anyone have any codes for platinum II membership?
From another thread: The 19000 and 19001 work for me in our Vistana II account.

If those don't work, give II a call. They don't really make or offer global codes for discounted membership that work for everyone. If your membership qualifies it will be on your account and the phone rep should be able to see it.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Wow, 1 hour made a big difference. Too bad you hadn't called before you booked.
II has a 24 hour no hassle cancellation policy. I've done it several times on bonus weeks/ACs.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
II has a 24 hour no hassle cancellation policy. I've done it several times on bonus weeks/ACs.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I don't think the 24 hour cancellation policy applies to getaways, only exchange (ACs are part of exchange).

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

If those don't work, give II a call. They don't really make or offer global codes for discounted membership that work for everyone. If your membership qualifies it will be on your account and the phone rep should be able to see it.
No Dice! It’s ok. II deposited another certificate into my account and I extended Mt orlando through June 26th. Trying to extend to July 3rd then head to Bahamas for two weeks.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

What are your thoughts on Award Certificates? The dates for the resort I’m at ends in June. Do you think they will add more dates or spend the extra 200 bucks to secure the date via getaways

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I have ACs that expire in September and December. Do you only have the AC that expires in June?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I have ACs that expire in September and December. Do you only have the AC that expires in June?
I used the June AC’s and the one of the September ones to extend to the 26th. Will most likely extend to the 3rd.

BostonKingB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NONE! Looking for a good trader to purchase.
Anyone out there have a Getaway cancelled with II? We had a Hawaii getaway booked for April (a little over $1600) and they offered us either a replacement AC (which is restricted and seemed to preclude any of the Hawaii properties) or a "credit on account" for a future getaway. We chose the credit because we want to go back to Hawaii or somewhere else great that probably won't be available via the restricted AC they're giving out. Today I was browsing and saw a property I wanted for another Getaway, but when I looked in my account I have no way to access the guest cert. You have to call II (which usually requires waiting on hold for a long time and they aren't even open on Sundays) and get them to make the booking for you in order to use your credit. Of course the Marriott property 2BR unit I wanted is now already gone.

ANy suggestions from the group? Next time I was thinking I might just book with a new credit card and see if they'd cancel the charge and use my credit instead when I called on the phone. But Getaways are non-cancellable so it's a risky proposition.