• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham Website (2020)

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
For even more grins, I just went back in and did *another* booking under
a different owner name for the same room type and time period.

*Still* no feedback from clicking the "Submit" button. I completed the booking.

But this time the reservation record does not show the room 1212
request. So it apparently already denied the duplicate request;
it just didn't tell me so!

How special is that?

Tried another booking for a 1BRPR and choose 1922 which I know is a 1BRPR. Did not get any feedback when I hit the submit button but the request showed up on the confirmation page.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Tried another booking for a 1BRPR and choose 1922 which I know is a 1BRPR. Did not get any feedback when I hit the submit button but the request showed up on the confirmation page.

So it does appear to at least be validating the room request when the reservation is submitted - but the submit button itself isn’t doing so. We have added this to our regression list for review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiskeyJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an issue with trying to make an ARP reservation, wanted to see if anybody else has as well. I have a 203K Towers on the Grove Myrtle Beach contract. I have used the points in the past to make an ARP reservation at Seawatch Plantation. MB contracts allow for ARP at any of the MB resorts. I have made some other ARP reservations for 2021 so far but none in Myrtle Beach. I also have over 203K points left for 2021. Thus I should be able to make the reservation. The website tells me however I do not have enough points.

I called Wyndham (not Owner Care since that is next to impossible any more) they told me they could not as well but thought i should be able to make the reservation. Only thing they suggested was to use the feedback button on the site to see if it could be resolved. I did do that but am not holding my breath for that to happen. Anybody else having any issues with ARP reservations?

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble just looking at resorts without putting in dates. I just want to explore the resorts without booking a trip. This should not be an issue. I don't know why it is. I don't want to search through blog entries to do it.
Also, I just was looking at Shawnee. There is no longer a breakdown of which village you are booking. You would have to know the points. And a 2 bedroom deluxe shows the Crestview layout, but I know Ridge Top also has deluxe and non-deluxe 2 bedroom units, so that is very misleading.

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
I am having trouble just looking at resorts without putting in dates. I just want to explore the resorts without booking a trip. This should not be an issue. I don't know why it is. I don't want to search through blog entries to do it.......

Totally agree. Bring back the old system. I'm so disgusted I'm thinking of giving all my contracts away. :(

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. Bring back the old system. I'm so disgusted I'm thinking of giving all my contracts away. :(
Then if I search an area and put in dates without availability, I can't see all of the resorts in the area. When I searched Myrtle Beach in the main search bar, not all of the resorts came up, and I didn't remember the exact names. I had to go to Extra Holidays to get the resort name to go back to myclubwyndham to search for the resort and see the information. How dreadful.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I have an issue with trying to make an ARP reservation, wanted to see if anybody else has as well. I have a 203K Towers on the Grove Myrtle Beach contract. I have used the points in the past to make an ARP reservation at Seawatch Plantation. MB contracts allow for ARP at any of the MB resorts. I have made some other ARP reservations for 2021 so far but none in Myrtle Beach. I also have over 203K points left for 2021. Thus I should be able to make the reservation. The website tells me however I do not have enough points.

I called Wyndham (not Owner Care since that is next to impossible any more) they told me they could not as well but thought i should be able to make the reservation. Only thing they suggested was to use the feedback button on the site to see if it could be resolved. I did do that but am not holding my breath for that to happen. Anybody else having any issues with ARP reservations?

This is a known issue that we're tracking on the regression list in the website bug tracking thread - it has been submitted to Wyndham via our tracking list as of last week - waiting on updates from Wyndham IT for this issue. The issue has to do with multi-resort ARP contracts - like Myrtle Beach contracts - or CWA contracts.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I am having trouble just looking at resorts without putting in dates. I just want to explore the resorts without booking a trip. This should not be an issue. I don't know why it is. I don't want to search through blog entries to do it.

We have this item recorded on our regression list as well. Here's the current status:

1590677527732.png

Also, I just was looking at Shawnee. There is no longer a breakdown of which village you are booking. You would have to know the points. And a 2 bedroom deluxe shows the Crestview layout, but I know Ridge Top also has deluxe and non-deluxe 2 bedroom units, so that is very misleading.

When you say there's no longer a breakdown of which village - I see the names of the villages per the screenshot below. What do you see?

1590677652261.png

Attachments

• 1590677503167.png
    1590677503167.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 42

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Then if I search an area and put in dates without availability, I can't see all of the resorts in the area. When I searched Myrtle Beach in the main search bar, not all of the resorts came up, and I didn't remember the exact names. I had to go to Extra Holidays to get the resort name to go back to myclubwyndham to search for the resort and see the information. How dreadful.

Agreed - there's a website search issue here - I will add this to our content management list for tracking and submission. Make sure to submit this via the Feedback link on the website as well.

WhiskeyJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a known issue that we're tracking on the regression list in the website bug tracking thread - it has been submitted to Wyndham via our tracking list as of last week - waiting on updates from Wyndham IT for this issue. The issue has to do with multi-resort ARP contracts - like Myrtle Beach contracts - or CWA contracts.

Sorry should have looked at your list first. Thanks for your great work on this.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Sorry should have looked at your list first. Thanks for your great work on this.

No need to apologize - just providing visibility to let others know that may not realize we're even tracking any of this that we actually are. :) This is a big one IMHO - it's a critical item on our list since so many of us really need to book using ARP (myself included - I'm a CWA owner and cannot currently do this) given the whole Coronavirus scenario.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Overall the new website isn't as bad as I first thought after spending time on it. My big complaint is still the missing calendar.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unable to find availability at any resort. Sigh...
There is a lot of availability starting in July. That is unless Wyndham pull inventory off line to accommodate unit social distancing.

Lipekerri

Reaction score
There is a lot of availability starting in July. That is unless Wyndham pull inventory off line to accommodate unit social distancing.
Thank you! We were looking in June as my oldest has sports starting in July.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have this item recorded on our regression list as well. Here's the current status:

View attachment 21424

When you say there's no longer a breakdown of which village - I see the names of the villages per the screenshot below. What do you see?

View attachment 21425
Yes, it’s there when you go to book, but in the descriptions and floor plans, they don’t distinguish a Ridge Top Deluxe 2br from a Crestview, which are very different layouts. If you just look at description of 2BR, you don’t know which village it is.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Thank you! We were looking in June as my oldest has sports starting in July.

Wyndham is not taking any net new reservations at any resorts through end of June, and a good portion of resorts through end of July. As it is, many who had existing reservations months in advance for those months are being canceled due to occupancy limits.

ladawgfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum owner at various resorts
Has anyone been able to get any answers from Wyndham as to when they expect to roll out an updated system that addresses some of the major issues? All feedback I have submitted has gone unanswered and vacation councilors and owner services provide no help. It would be nice to know how long we have to put up with this crap and whether they are actually working on revisions.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Yes, it’s there when you go to book, but in the descriptions and floor plans, they don’t distinguish a Ridge Top Deluxe 2br from a Crestview, which are very different layouts. If you just look at description of 2BR, you don’t know which village it is.

So in the resort Suites area - list the village name in the drop down here:

bd3346816389a0238c51c469a45488ff.jpg

2 bedroom - Crestview
2 bedroom - Ridge Top
2 bedroom - Depuy
2 bedroom - River Village

Or is the preference to keep the drop down list as is and list the village name on the web page after the bedroom designation?

8e49818ad806f55d234f06851508d342.jpg

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Has anyone been able to get any answers from Wyndham as to when they expect to roll out an updated system that addresses some of the major issues? All feedback I have submitted has gone unanswered and vacation councilors and owner services provide no help. It would be nice to know how long we have to put up with this crap and whether they are actually working on revisions.

We have a thread tracking and collecting all submitted regressions, bugs, enhancements, etc. here:

New Wyndham Website: feedback on pros/cons for formal submission to Wyndham

We post periodic updates into that thread when we meet with Wyndham IT stakeholders - usually every couple of weeks.

If you have an item not on the sheets to report - please post into that thread so we can get the issue recorded. Wyndham is also collecting feedback via the website directly - but you’re not going to get any response back most likely - which is where our efforts can add value.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
This is more of an observation than a bug or a request. When the new site first went up, I noticed that most resorts had star rating averages, but no actual reviews or a link to the source of the ratings. Now, I've noticed that there are actual reviews taken from...somewhere not immediately obvious because there are still no links to the source of the reviews or any apparent way to leave a review oneself.

I've determined that the reviews come from Google, or at least some of them do. But the weird thing is that the number of reviews and the average star rating on the Wyndham site does not correspond to the number of reviews and star rating on Google. For instance, Ocean Walk on the Wyndham site shows 8,226 reviews and 4.0 stars. On Google, it has 4,171 reviews and 4.3 stars. Some of the reviews on the Wyndham page are from 2020, then some of the reviews are from 2014. For reviews which show a response from the management on Google, the response doesn't show on the Wyndham site (and in the event of a negative review, you'd think they'd want the response to show as well). All in all, it just doesn't look very professional. And actually, if I did have a request it would be for a dedicated set of reviews from Wyndham owners. I know how to find reviews elsewhere, and reviews by non-owners of timeshares are not particularly helpful to me because things that bug them (lack of daily housekeeping, etc.), or their issues with a third-party booking site don't inform my interest in trying out a new Wyndham location. But actual reviews from actual owners who are all grounded in the same basic Wyndham experience, that would be helpful. Otherwise, just give me a single link to TripAdvisor or Google I can open in a new tab, rather than porting those reviews over to the Wyndham site with none of the sorting or search tools available on those other review sites.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
This is more of an observation than a bug or a request. When the new site first went up, I noticed that most resorts had star rating averages, but no actual reviews or a link to the source of the ratings. Now, I've noticed that there are actual reviews taken from...somewhere not immediately obvious because there are still no links to the source of the reviews or any apparent way to leave a review oneself.

I've determined that the reviews come from Google, or at least some of them do. But the weird thing is that the number of reviews and the average star rating on the Wyndham site does not correspond to the number of reviews and star rating on Google. For instance, Ocean Walk on the Wyndham site shows 8,226 reviews and 4.0 stars. On Google, it has 4,171 reviews and 4.3 stars. Some of the reviews on the Wyndham page are from 2020, then some of the reviews are from 2014. For reviews which show a response from the management on Google, the response doesn't show on the Wyndham site (and in the event of a negative review, you'd think they'd want the response to show as well). All in all, it just doesn't look very professional. And actually, if I did have a request it would be for a dedicated set of reviews from Wyndham owners. I know how to find reviews elsewhere, and reviews by non-owners of timeshares are not particularly helpful to me because things that bug them (lack of daily housekeeping, etc.), or their issues with a third-party booking site don't inform my interest in trying out a new Wyndham location. But actual reviews from actual owners who are all grounded in the same basic Wyndham experience, that would be helpful. Otherwise, just give me a single link to TripAdvisor or Google I can open in a new tab, rather than porting those reviews over to the Wyndham site with none of the sorting or search tools available on those other review sites.

This is good feedback - I hadn’t even looked at any review capabilities yet. We already know that the website contains Google integration - for example the availability search fields utilize Google Places API for location matches - so it makes sense that they are also pulling Google reputational data for reviews. It does appear it’s a superset of data though - since your numbers indicate that Wyndham’s site lists a much larger number of reviews vs Google’s own site. I would imagine there’s no way to segment the Google reviews by owner vs non-owner since Google doesn’t care about that data point when capturing review content. I will give this item some thought as to how to capture this into our content management section.

ladawgfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum owner at various resorts
We have a thread tracking and collecting all submitted regressions, bugs, enhancements, etc. here:

New Wyndham Website: feedback on pros/cons for formal submission to Wyndham

We post periodic updates into that thread when we meet with Wyndham IT stakeholders - usually every couple of weeks.

If you have an item not on the sheets to report - please post into that thread so we can get the issue recorded. Wyndham is also collecting feedback via the website directly - but you’re not going to get any response back most likely - which is where our efforts can add value.

I appreciate your efforts and response. Can you provide more information regarding your interactions with Wyndham IT? Are you working directly with Wyndham to resolve these issues? Who are the IT stakeholders and how / where do the meetings take place? Just trying to understand what the chances are of Wyndham actually addressing these issues you have been so diligently recording. Thanks again for your efforts.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I appreciate your efforts and response. Can you provide more information regarding your interactions with Wyndham IT? Are you working directly with Wyndham to resolve these issues? Who are the IT stakeholders and how / where do the meetings take place? Just trying to understand what the chances are of Wyndham actually addressing these issues you have been so diligently recording. Thanks again for your efforts.
We have Zoom meetings with them. The last one was to share my screen and show a couple of their IT people the points deposit bug. He took notes and screenshots. So they are addressing them. They take notes when we talk about the feedback we get. They ask questions and our opinions on the feedback. I would have given an arm and a leg to have regular conversations like this when Voyager went live. Unfortunately, that was before I got to know some of the executives. They are running on a much faster and more efficient release schedule then the last time. Some things will be a quick fix. Other things require a complete redesign. We will get there.