• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mask choice at Hilton Head restaurants ignores seniors. Good luck with that I Letters

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds liked the restaurants on the island are not requiring customers to wear masks in their restaurants. Now I do understand it is very hard to eat a meal wearing a mask. IMHO.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I am all for masks but in a restaurant it is just not feasible. I guess they can say you can only take it off when you eat or drink but for many that can be the whole time.

I think the presumption should be if you go to eat in a restaurant no one will be wearing masks.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
The article was commenting on the no mask for servers policy, not patrons. I agree that seems short sighted by the Restaurant management. I went to a restaurant yesterday in Ohio for the first time is months and all of the staff were wearing masks as did I entering and leaving.

Cheers

Reactions: Arb

dago

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am all for masks but in a restaurant it is just not feasible. I guess they can say you can only take it off when you eat or drink but for many that can be the whole time.

I think the presumption should be if you go to eat in a restaurant no one will be wearing masks.
Here in Ohio the new protocol for restaurants is customers must have on a mask entering the establishment. You can take it off when eating(of course). I don't know whether you can take off the mask once you get to table or booth, or if you need to wait until you get your food. Once you are ready to leave you need to put the mask back on. I assume, if you need to use the restroom, masks must be worn.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
DH and I expect to be eating takeout for some time after dine in becomes more open, for just that reason - wait staff not wearing masks.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
The rule around here seems to be all staff and if you are not at your appropriately spaced out table, a mask must be worn.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
DH and I expect to be eating takeout for some time after dine in becomes more open, for just that reason - wait staff not wearing masks.
Your point does raise a question though - if you are saying you will NOT dine in because staff are not wearing masks, are you also saying you are unlikely to dine in until all staff start wearing masks?

In the interest of full disclosure, I ask that question because of concerns with respect to dining out which were present prior to COVID 19 - but have certainly been magnified due to COVID 19.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your point does raise a question though - if you are saying you will NOT dine in because staff are not wearing masks, are you also saying you are unlikely to dine in until all staff start wearing masks?

In the interest of full disclosure, I ask that question because of concerns with respect to dining out which were present prior to COVID 19 - but have certainly been magnified due to COVID 19.
We’re at high risk from Covid-19 due to age, so we’re going to continue taking precautions for some time, including eating more takeout and less dine-in. How long we’ll do that I don’t know, but it won’t be related to the pre-existing risks. Those risks are included in the overall risks of eating food not prepared in our own kitchen, not limited to respiratory transmission of diseases.

Country Roads

Reaction score
Wouldn't you face the same risks of eating food not prepared in your own kitchen regardless if it's eat-in or take-out?

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We’re at high risk from Covid-19 due to age, so we’re going to continue taking precautions for some time, including eating more takeout and less dine-in. How long we’ll do that I don’t know, but it won’t be related to the pre-existing risks. Those risks are included in the overall risks of eating food not prepared in our own kitchen, not limited to respiratory transmission of diseases.
Makes sense. Another reason I asked that question had to do with the realization that as time has gone by, we've stopped eating at many places we used to because of the less than ideal conditions we started to experience prior to COVID-19. It has been many months since we visited a buffet - and to be fair, I think a lot of that motivation has to do with the fact I work in the public education sector and have to deal with kids who can't seem to understand the importance of hand washing after using the restroom......(although - sadly - too many adults display this habit as well...) We radically decreased our dining out at fast food restaurants too, although we will still take advantage of a deal or two -via drive thru usually- when the opportunity presents itself. I think a perfect storm has developed where between rapidly increasing prices, increased germ awareness, and just plain average (at best) food, the push to eat at home has become much stronger with us.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wouldn't you face the same risks of eating food not prepared in your own kitchen regardless if it's eat-in or take-out?
Of course. And Covid-19 has nothing to do with it.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There would certainly be some risk associated with food prepared outside your home, but I would think food prepared on a to-go basis would have the benefit of less exposure to a fewer number of people than food served in a restaurant (and perhaps in the company of other people).

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
As of July 1, all employees of all establishments must wear masks, and patrons shopping must wear a mask on HHI and adjacent town of Bluffton, SC.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still feel wearing a mask is my civic responsibility to protect my self, my spouse, family members, friends and associates.

I will be social distancing when eating in a restaurant. But I will not wear my mask when eating my food. Thus, We will not be eating out in a restaurant until coronavirus have truly level off.