• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham Website (2020)

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
From the Laptop. Last update, I was able to make a new reservation, in my name with an instant upgrade, lucky me. I logged out and went back in and modified it to a guest. Logged out, then went back in and put the reservation back in my name.

What this is telling me is that the problem may only be with older reservations. Again, I can call and have it changed, so not a major problem. More of a bug or inconvenience. Not something that is done every time a person logs in.

That is my hunch as well. We know that Wyndham also migrated the entire content management platform including the middleware platform - so my best estimate is that there are data hygiene issues with the migrated data that are producing the results you are seeing for legacy reservations - but net new reservations work just fine.

If anyone else has any legacy reservations that had guests assigned and are willing to attempt a guest to owner modify - we would appreciate the validation.

I’m going to add a column to our sheet for known workarounds as well - just to have the statements on the chart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is my hunch as well. We know that Wyndham also migrated the entire content management platform including the middleware platform - so my best estimate is that there are data hygiene issues with the migrated data that are producing the results you are seeing for legacy reservations - but net new reservations work just fine.

If anyone else has any legacy reservations that had guests assigned and are willing to attempt a guest to owner modify - we would appreciate the validation.

I’m going to add a column to our sheet for known workarounds as well - just to have the statements on the chart.

I have a legacy reservation in New orleans with a guest, that i will be cancelling. I was able to modify the guest to an owner without any issues. On my surface with Opera (Chromium based) browser.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Some here have cited duplicate and triplicate reservations. When that happened, were the second and third instances taking the place of a reservation that was not on the list?

Here's my example:

Image of Club Wyndham Governor's Green

Club Wyndham Governor's Green
4600 Mooretown Road
Williamsburg, VA 23185
View on Map
Check-In
Sat 07/18/2020
Checkout
Sat 07/25/2020
Suite Type
3 Bedroom Deluxe
Confirmation #
RCO0014481138BR
View Details
ModifyCancel
Image of Club Wyndham Old Town Alexandria

Club Wyndham Old Town Alexandria
1757 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
View on Map
Check-In
Sat 07/18/2020
Checkout
Sat 07/25/2020
Suite Type
2 Bedroom Lockof…
Confirmation #
RCO0014489366BR
View Details
ModifyCancel
Image of Club Wyndham Governor's Green

Club Wyndham Governor's Green
4600 Mooretown Road
Williamsburg, VA 23185
View on Map
Check-In
Sat 07/18/2020
Checkout
Sat 07/25/2020
Suite Type
3 Bedroom Deluxe
Confirmation #
RCO0014481138BR
View Details
ModifyCancel

The Governors' Green reservation is clearly a dupe. However, when I count the reservations on the website (37), it matches the count in my records. That tells me the second Governors' Green reservation is not a harmless duplicate, rather that there is another reservation that should be in that slot. I guess I could dive into the reservation transaction history.

ladawgfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum owner at various resorts
Yes, the duplicate or triplicate is taking the place of another reservation that is not being shown. I cancelled a duplicate reservation that I didn’t need. The one that was missing then magically appeared and the duplicates were gone.

Another major problem is no sort availability for upcoming reservations. There needs to be the ability to sort by resort and / or date. I’ve got over 50 reservations and it’s extremely frustrating to have page through all upcoming reservations 3 at a time until I get to the one I need.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
They need to add in search functions back to the Upcoming Reservations page. By Resort, or By Time Period would likely suffice, for my purposes anyway.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, the duplicate or triplicate is taking the place of another reservation that is not being shown. I cancelled a duplicate reservation that I didn’t need. The one that was missing then magically appeared and the duplicates were gone.

Another major problem is no sort availability for upcoming reservations. There needs to be the ability to sort by resort and / or date. I’ve got over 50 reservations and it’s extremely frustrating to have page through all upcoming reservations 3 at a time until I get to the one I need.

That is what I have found as well. A duplicate reservation hides another one (in my case within those same dates.) Sometimes the duplicate reservation switches out to another reservation in those days. Or if I can a duplicate reservation, it finds a new host. A separate spreadsheet is now key to not losing points. Right now the system is hiding my highest point cost reservation.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
For those of you having problems with your Wyndham login credentials on the new website. Please try resetting your password to a new password that doesn’t use special characters - particularly the & symbol. This and a few other special characters are not supported in the new system. We discovered this in our recent call with our Wyndham IT stakeholders for the new website. Having trouble resetting your password? Contact Owner care for help and mention the use of a special character in your account and/or password that you have been told may be causing your problem and ask them to submit a trouble ticket to IT for follow up.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I made an online reservation yesterday at Bonnet Creek for a 2 bedroom PR for 10/28/20-11/04/20. I wanted to request a lake view but never saw the option to add a request to the reservation. I’m Silver VIP so I called the VIP line this morning to see if they could add it and tell me how to do it when I make the reservation. The person I spoke with said that couldn’t be done for Bonnet Creek. I was surprised by his and didn’t ask him if it could be done for other locations. He said I would need to call the resort ahead of my arrival date and tell them what I wanted.

I know I have read that we now have the capability to request a specific room number or view when we make a reservation online. Has anyone been able to do so? Is it something that is inconsistent with the new system? I didn’t see it documented in @HitchHiker71 ‘s spreadsheet so if I missed it, I apologize.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I made an online reservation yesterday at Bonnet Creek for a 2 bedroom PR for 10/28/20-11/04/20. I wanted to request a lake view but never saw the option to add a request to the reservation. I’m Silver VIP so I called the VIP line this morning to see if they could add it and tell me how to do it when I make the reservation. The person I spoke with said that couldn’t be done for Bonnet Creek. I was surprised by his and didn’t ask him if it could be done for other locations. He said I would need to call the resort ahead of my arrival date and tell them what I wanted.

I know I have read that we now have the capability to request a specific room number or view when we make a reservation online. Has anyone been able to do so? Is it something that is inconsistent with the new system? I didn’t see it documented in @HitchHiker71 ‘s spreadsheet so if I missed it, I apologize.

We had a couple reports of the “Special Requests” area not always appearing but could not figure out the steps to reproduce the problem IIRC. I will run a couple more tests. It’s in the 4th and final reservation screen - if anyone doesn’t see it (as a VIP) please advise.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I'm not VIP, but does Silver even get to request a specific room? And isn't it only a specific room number request for those who can do so, not simply a view or other feature?

GRapuser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai Villas, Glacier Canyon, Club Wyndham Access
VIP Gold or Platinum can request a specific room number. Any other special requests have to be phoned in to the resort directly and they may or may not choose to honor it.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I'm not VIP, but does Silver even get to request a specific room? And isn't it only a specific room number request for those who can do so, not simply a view or other feature?

Silver doesn’t get to request specific rooms when booking. You are correct that lake View or other views are not something they can request during the booking. With some places, you can request “better view” as an upgrade options but not with Bonnet creek. I’ve only seen that with Beach resorts. They do have the option to call the resort a couple weeks ahead of time to ask for a lake view room and they will try to accommodate.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Silver doesn’t get to request specific rooms when booking. You are correct that lake View or other views are not something they can request during the booking. With some places, you can request “better view” as an upgrade options but not with Bonnet creek. I’ve only seen that with Beach resorts. They do have the option to call the resort a couple weeks ahead of time to ask for a lake view room and they will try to accommodate.

Building on what @Richelle said - when someone refers to requesting a lake view - I interpret that as requesting a specific room number that is known to have a lake view - since this is the only supported method via the "Special Requests" feature today, outside of calling the resort of course.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It used to be that you could only put valid room number in the box to request rooms, but as a trial I added Lake View to the room request, and it took it. So it does not appear to be validating rooms like the old system. Which basically means you likely will not get your room request, as anybody can book the same rooms and it is not checking.

Mind you I NEVER got about 95% of my room requests anyway, so this system should be no different.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
It helps to know somebody in room assignments at the resort. We do at Ocean Walk and Majestic Sun. I call them a week out and we get the unit we asked for. It doesn't hurt to call.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
It used to be that you could only put valid room number in the box to request rooms, but as a trial I added Lake View to the room request, and it took it. So it does not appear to be validating rooms like the old system. Which basically means you likely will not get your room request, as anybody can book the same rooms and it is not checking.

Mind you I NEVER got about 95% of my room requests anyway, so this system should be no different.

We have a documented enhancement request for floorplans that include unit numbers, unit types, and unit sizes for display during the reservation process to allow for enhanced special request functions like this. That said, I wonder aloud how feasible this really is. Is it as simple as first come first serve? Should VIP owners have the ability to override a room request from a non-VIP Owner? How does Wyndham assign rooms today?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have a documented enhancement request for floorplans that include unit numbers, unit types, and unit sizes for display during the reservation process to allow for enhanced special request functions like this. That said, I wonder aloud how feasible this really is. Is it as simple as first come first serve? Should VIP owners have the ability to override a room request from a non-VIP Owner? How does Wyndham assign rooms today?

The system should check the dates and the units already booked for those dates. But who knows what it does.

All I can say is last year about 12 reservations with room numbers only 1 actually gave me the room I requested, the rest were not even close to where I had booked.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Should VIP owners have the ability to override a room request from a non-VIP Owner?
As a non-VIP, there is no official way for us to make a room request. The only codified room requests are room numbers requested by gold and platinum VIP. Any room request by a lower-level owner is at best an “if you ask nicely maybe they’ll accommodate you” type of request that should always be superseded by a gold/platinum VIP request. (Obviously fixed weeks and points chart-based view categories, etc must be honored.)

GRapuser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai Villas, Glacier Canyon, Club Wyndham Access
In the old system I'm not sure if it actually validated the room number or just made sure that there were not two requests in the system for the same number. For instance, if I wanted to request a room at Glacier Canyon on a certain floor in a certain section it would allow me to enter 724X, which obviously isn't an actual room. I could also enter a room number that did not match the size of the room I was booking and it would allow it. However, I couldn't enter the same number more than once. Has anyone tested this in the new system to see if the same number could be entered more than once?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
In the old system I'm not sure if it actually validated the room number or just made sure that there were not two requests in the system for the same number. For instance, if I wanted to request a room at Glacier Canyon on a certain floor in a certain section it would allow me to enter 724X, which obviously isn't an actual room. I could also enter a room number that did not match the size of the room I was booking and it would allow it. However, I couldn't enter the same number more than once. Has anyone tested this in the new system to see if the same number could be entered more than once?
In the old system, I had booked a room at Bonnet creek. I think it was 1818 that had both a lake and a fireworks view. So I requested that room. It said it wasn't available. So I tried a different room number and it accepted it. It may vary by resort. I don't think all resorts use the same reservation management system, and room requests may not always sync up with their system, so they cannot validate it. The best they can do is pass on the request.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I cannot get the submit button under special requests to generate any kind of response. No error or confirmation. Tried Bonnet Creek, Star Island, Seawatch, and Branson. I tried it with both opting in and opting out of an upgrade. I've tried it with both opting in and opting out of insurance. Anyone else?

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else?

Just for grins, I just booked a 1BRPR at Bonnet Creek exactly 10 months out.
3/22-3/25. I requested room 1212. I have no idea if that room exists or if it
is a 1BRPR.

Indeed, the "Submit" button appears to give no feedback whatsoever about
success or failure.

But then going on to complete the reservation, I can see that the room request
has at least been recorded:

"
SPECIAL SUITE REQUEST
"

Hope this helps...

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope this helps

For even more grins, I just went back in and did *another* booking under
a different owner name for the same room type and time period.

*Still* no feedback from clicking the "Submit" button. I completed the booking.

But this time the reservation record does not show the room 1212
request. So it apparently already denied the duplicate request;
it just didn't tell me so!

How special is that?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
For even more grins, I just went back in and did *another* booking under
a different owner name for the same room type and time period.

*Still* no feedback from clicking the "Submit" button. I completed the booking.

But this time the reservation record does not show the room 1212
request. So it apparently already denied the duplicate request;
it just didn't tell me so!

How special is that?

Well, at least it validated that the room was already requested. Or maybe it saw you already had 1212. Someone else would have to try booking 1212 for the same timeframe to see if they have the same result.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Just for grins, I just booked a 1BRPR at Bonnet Creek exactly 10 months out.
3/22-3/25. I requested room 1212. I have no idea if that room exists or if it
is a 1BRPR.

Indeed, the "Submit" button appears to give no feedback whatsoever about
success or failure.

But then going on to complete the reservation, I can see that the room request
has at least been recorded:

"
SPECIAL SUITE REQUEST
"

Hope this helps...

Just noticed the dates on this one. Booked a 1BRPR and tried 1212. It wouldn’t respond to the submit. I went all the way through and completed the booking. Room request number wasn’t there. I’m going to try booking again with another room number.