• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone done business with eBay seller resortsalesgroup

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
I myself have been intrigued by several of their listings. When I try to "contact seller" via eBay, this message comes up:

"We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately due to the high volume of messages this seller receives, they are unable to respond to your specific question right now. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

When I tried contacting the seller via listed email, I received this automated response:

"Hello, Do to the Covid-19 out break the Missouri Governor has issued a social distancing order, and the Mayor of St. Louis has issued a stay at home order. Our office is closed until further notice. We are not able to provide updates at this time. However, we are working remotely for new sales and new sales only, to prepare those for deeding department. No deeds are being recorded, or transfers being submitted at this time.

We apologize for this inconvenience but we are bound to follow the order set forth by the state and City.
Regards,
Resort Transfer Group
Mariah Taff, Resorts Coordinator
mariahatrsg@gmail.com"

So, yeah. Although the prices have been great, it seems kind of sketch at best. I've had to talk myself out of bidding on their listings several times. Can someone remind me of this post in the future when I'm tempted to risk it again? ;)

p.s. also, how do you misspell "Due"????

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I myself have been intrigued by several of their listings. When I try to "contact seller" via eBay, this message comes up:

"We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately due to the high volume of messages this seller receives, they are unable to respond to your specific question right now. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

When I tried contacting the seller via listed email, I received this automated response:

"Hello, Do to the Covid-19 out break the Missouri Governor has issued a social distancing order, and the Mayor of St. Louis has issued a stay at home order. Our office is closed until further notice. We are not able to provide updates at this time. However, we are working remotely for new sales and new sales only, to prepare those for deeding department. No deeds are being recorded, or transfers being submitted at this time.

We apologize for this inconvenience but we are bound to follow the order set forth by the state and City.
Regards,
Resort Transfer Group
mariahatrsg@gmail.com"

So, yeah. Although the prices have been great, it seems kind of sketch at best. I've had to talk myself out of bidding on their listings several times. Can someone remind me of this post in the future when I'm tempted to risk it again? ;)

Sounds like this seller has blocked you from asking any questions. Sellers can and will do that for their own reasoning. Not saying it is good; it is not. But, it is what it is.

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
Sounds like this seller has blocked you from asking any questions. Sellers can and will do that for their own reasoning. Not saying it is good; it is not. But, it is what it is.

Really??? I figured it was something eBay did! That’s bizarre since I never purchased anything from them and would simply be a potential client to them. Oh well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

Regards,
Resort Transfer Group
mariahatrsg@gmail.com"

I bought from another eBay seller that was clueless on what they were selling. Worked out in my favor but I had to tell them 7 times they were wrong. I don’t think RSG is reputable at this point.

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
Really??? I figured it was something eBay did! That’s bizarre since I never purchased anything from them and would simply be a potential client to them. Oh well...

My other half's eBay account has never asked them a question or bid on anything they've sold, and he gets that same message. I get the same thing, having spoken with them through it before. I think they've just turned off contact through eBay for everyone.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
They won’t answer questions via eBay or their direct email. I would never do business with them.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I "bought" a Hyatt from them for $1 a few weeks ago, they now told me Hyatt exercised ROFR. When I asked to see the document, they told me Hyatt "did not even notify us they were exercising. They just sent it over to a title company and had the deeds prepared." Somehow I doubt it's true. I'll keep an eye on deed records. Once the deed is recorded, I will see if it's truly been exercised by Hyatt.

Figoyzelda

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I’m new here.

I bought 2 weeks ago a SDO property from them but at that moment I didn’t realized that this company had that bad reputation.
Now, after put more thoughts in this transaction I would like to stop it before the property is transferred to me.

I already asked them to stop it but they said is would be impossible due they already submitted for right of first refusal to the resort which I doubt because from what I understand, there is not ROFR with SDO.

Do you have any idea how can escape from this transaction. I know that 2 weeks could be too late to do it, but you may had similar situations before.

At same time. This may not be the best timing to acquired this new financial commitments due the financial recession that will come in the near future.

Thanks in advance for all your help or ideas for my situation.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no ROFR for SDO. You can't believe anything this outfit tells you. I'm bought a Marriott Monarch week from them in late January and as best I can tell, they've done nothing on it since then. I've bought and sold 4-5 other timeshares after this one and all of them have closed and been transferred. I'm in the process of trying to get a refund from my credit card company but they told the cc company that the county clerk's office is closed and are not recording any deeds. I talked to the recorder's office and they are recording everything that comes in and have been all along. I'm pretty well convinced these people are crooks and probably won't survive much longer.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I got what I thought was a great deal with them, a Hyatt for $1, then after a couple of months they claimed Hyatt took it by ROFR, but refused to provide the Hyatt's actual ROFR letter. They told me Hyatt just took it and did not send any letter. I don't believe it. I don't know what really happened, but I don't trust this company.

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
Pasting the saga here, with a TLDR: if you thought they screwed you, check the county for a deed. It's possible, maybe even likely, that they transferred the deed but stiffed you for the transfer fees! Worked out in my favor...

Guess that means my December transactions supposedly transmitted to the resorts several months ago aren't going to end up going through after all =p

Edit : well, wow. Just checked Clark County, and it appears we do have a second Grandview ownership. Frak. Now to figure out how to search for Massanutten. Then figure out how to get it/them in our name with the resort and rci. Double Frak.

Edit again : heh, guess we got the Massanutten ownership too. This will be fun to figure ou

So many edits! : ahh, it's suddenly clear. They transferred the deeds away from the original owners, but never submitted the paperwork - or transfer fees - to the resorts. We'll have to request the deeds and handle the paperwork and fees ourselves. All told, we'll be out about $650, though we expected $275 of that. Not bad for a 1br Grandview week 52 and 2br Regal Vistas week 27, both in points. Sellers are losers, but I'm still a happy camper. Not as happy as I would have been if I'd found out about all this before sars2, of course =p

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I wonder how many more tuggers will receive cease and desist letters.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
For what? Leaving a review on a timeshare forum?

I’m still laughing they called their pen-filled form an “estoppel.”

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
@Grammarhero

I closed with them one timeshare and have few open.

Slow moving but going forward.

Oh, good, if you're still in touch with them since they closed up shop - I'd love for them to complete the process and pay the transfer fees as they were supposed to. Hell, I'll complete the process - six months is three times too long for these properties - and they can reimburse me ::eyeroll::

In all seriousness, if you've heard from them since they posted a notice saying they've permanently closed up shop, I'd very much appreciate you telling me what contact method is still working for you.

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
Ah, now that I'm on a computer I can read the actual attachment, and it's just until further notice - I misunderstood the post. I'm still just going to do what they said they'd do several months ago, and I'm sure they'll make it right by me when they get up and running ;-)

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
I just use the the resorttransfergroup@gmail.com

I do get the above response as well but they eventually respond.

I tried there again, and I got a response! Sounds to me like they have had some turnover (color me unsurprised) and after the deed was recorded no one was looking after my transaction. I'm willing to wait a little longer to not have to pay the transfer fees myself. Fingers crossed!

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I got a great deal from them with a Hyatt week for $1, all transfer and closing costs paid by them, but they backed out of the deal claiming Hyatt exercised ROFR. Which is a lie that I can prove with public county records. They just abandoned the timeshare, likely when they found out about $650 Hyatt transfer fee that they did not want to pay.

jimwu921

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just sent a email to follow up my transactions after 3 months without any response and below is what I got. Glad I only spent $3 and now is not a good time to get anymore week anyway.

=============================================
Hello,

Do to the Covid-19 outbreak the Missouri Governor has issued a social distancing order, and the Mayor of St. Louis has issued a stay at home order. Our office is closed until further notice. We are not able to provide updates at this time. However, we are working remotely for new sales and new sales only, to prepare those for deeding department. No deeds are being recorded, or transfers being submitted at this time.

Regards,

Resort Transfer Group