• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Guess where Mexico

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yes it is, it was made in times of the spanish conquest to take water to a religious convent.
It's surprising that it's still standing. In those days \, the need - and ability - to reinforce masonry in seismically active areas was scant. I suspect that it has been rehabbed to include seismic reinforcement.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I dont think anyone answered the statue question. Was just watching a mini documentary about John Houston making 'Night of the Iguana' in PV, and that he spent years visiting there. So I'm guessing its him.
That's correct. And I did provide a reveal upthread after no one responded. See post #50.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We ran into this place up in the mountains and decide to have a taco and beer.

pred.jpg

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Is it up by what used to be called Chino's Paradise (not Chico's Paradise.) This one is up past a small winery and lots of folks stop there after the ZipLine. We used to go there years ago. It was only open during the day and has all kinds of stuff around it.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Nope. This place is just east of Puerto Vallarta.

Bill
Is it up by what used to be called Chino's Paradise (not Chico's Paradise.) This one is up past a small winery and lots of folks stop there after the ZipLine. We used to go there years ago. It was only open during the day and has all kinds of stuff around it.
But Chino's/Chico's is west of PV. East of PV makes this pretty tough, because that pretty quickly gets into trackless wilderness.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
What beach is this? It's out of the way, but I know there are TUGgers who have been there.

1589585158139.png

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Looks like Colonitas.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
East of Boca de Tomatlan. Walked there and it nearly did in an older friend of mine who slipped and almost rolled down the slope.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Actually, more West than East - further down the coast.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
East of Boca de Tomatlan. Walked there and it nearly did in an older friend of mine who slipped and almost rolled down the slope.
Yep. Los Colomitos is the first beach you arrive at on the trail from Boca, and it's a real charmer.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
The secret beach / Marietas Islands
Riviera Nayarit / Puerto Vallarta area

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Last edited:

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ah the memories! I have been to most of the coastal locations posted here. I can't decide on a favorite. I love the snorkeling at Puerto Morelos south of Cancun but find Cancun and Playa del Carmen too crowded and unauthentic. I prefer Puerto Vallarta (older area not Nuevo) and Zihuatenejo for the ambiance and am waiting to try Huatulco. Hit the Cabo area shortly after the hurricane so although I will go back can't say it was a favorite. I also want to do an interior tour of all of the beautiful colonial cities. I absolutely love Antigua, Guatemala so I'm sure I'll find some new favorites. Hoping to be back in Mexico in 2021.
Joan

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Nope. It's the Garden of Eden in the mountains above Mismaloya. The movie Predator used this location for some of the sets.

Bill

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Nope. It's the Garden of Eden in the mountains above Mismaloya. The movie Predator used this location for some of the sets.

Bill
The restaurant I was thinking about was up there by the river. We have not been there since 2000 ourselves, but the "kids" did a tour up to where the Predator was made and did some zip-lining. They said the restaurant where they had lunch had a new name. In the 1990's we went there twice - they had no electricity.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Very old for North America.
sj.jpg