• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dave Ramsey and Timeshare Exit Team

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
InvetmentNews has an opinion piece chastizing Dave Ramsey (a religious radio host) for endorsing Timeshare Exit Team that is the center of a lawsuit by the AG of Washington state. I will post a link below, but the article is behind a modest firewall. One must register for free to see the article. (I have not registered but read the article on an alternative news site.)

Sadsly the article point out that an endorsement from Ramsey will gain many followers. Timeshare Exit Team charges between $3,000 and $9,000 and promises a money back guarantee. The AG claims that the company regularly has denied refunds. (No surprises here for experienced TUGGERS.)

Link

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I'm a big Ramsey follower and I sent him an email about this a while back after reading the terrible reviews and complaints against timeshare exit team.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I will bet other than reading the copy, Ramsey has no idea what the Exit Team is. These spots are likely booked by Clear Channel and the Exit team pays the talent to read the spots live rather than play a pre-recorded spot. It makes it sound more legit and the advertiser knows that. If you think these hosts vet their advertisers, you are mistaken.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I will bet other than reading the copy, Ramsey has no idea what the Exit Team is. These spots are likely booked by Clear Channel and the Exit team pays the talent to read the spots live rather than play a pre-recorded spot. It makes it sound more legit and the advertiser knows that. If you think these hosts vet their advertisers, you are mistaken.

I agree. I listened to a fair bit of talk radio, and they on air talent read many ads. Its rare, but sometimes i have even heard them read ads that contradict something they previously discussed on air.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I agree. I listened to a fair bit of talk radio, and they on air talent read many ads. Its rare, but sometimes i have even heard them read ads that contradict something they previously discussed on air.

I was "talent" in broadcasting for five years. You read what they put in front of you.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I was "talent" in broadcasting for five years. You read what they put in front of you.

Now I’m curious. Not asking you to be specific, but in what general area were you a talent in? Music? Sports? News? Advice?

An actual talent here on TUG!

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Now I’m curious. Not asking you to be specific, but in what general area were you a talent in? Music? Sports? News? Advice?

An actual talent here on TUG!

I was on air playing music in the beginning and then I transferred over to TV ( apparently I didn't have a face made for radio) and was a TV news reporter and anchor. It was a LONG time ago.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I was on air playing music in the beginning and then I transferred over to TV ( apparently I didn't have a face made for radio) and was a TV news reporter and anchor. It was a LONG time ago.

Very cool. My radio claim to fame was I was in the studio with a friend as he was on the air. He said the wrong song and in a low voice, I made some sort of snide remark to him. He cussed at me while he was on the air. It was college radio at 2:00 AM (after a bar trip) and I don’t think anybody was paying attention or even listening. He was so mad, but didn’t kick me out of the studio. Nobody ever said a word about it and he continued being a radio talent for the remainder of his time at NMU.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Very cool. My radio claim to fame was I was in the studio with a friend as he was on the air. He said the wrong song and in a low voice, I made some sort of snide remark to him. He cussed at me while he was on the air. It was college radio at 2:00 AM (after a bar trip) and I don’t think anybody was paying attention or even listening. He was so mad, but didn’t kick me out of the studio. Nobody ever said a word about it and he continued being a radio talent for the remainder of his time at NMU.

I had that happen to me and thankfully it was late night. It wasn't college radio either. I had a bad shift where carts weren't qued properly and records kept skipping or were misplaced. I finally put on a record and the needle jumped backward and I sat there with dead air. I whispered out a F#$K and then looked up and noticed the red on air light was still on. Fun times!

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I did not realize that there was a somewhat related thread on this.

As far as Ramsey just reading a script, in response to the InvestmentNews piece, Ramsey has doubled down and sent out this tweet ...

"Proud to endorse Time Share Exit as long as SCUM like Diamond Resorts continues to RIP OFF the consumer, break laws, and provide crummy products. NO ONE needs a horrible Time Share" (Emphasis added)

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
not a surprise that Ramsey came out in favor of the entity that is sending him thousands of dollars vs. the entity that sued the Exit Team. I'm not defending Diamond but I doubt that Ramsey has every reached out to TUG for a comment.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
stick with clark howard =)

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Sorry, I did not realize that there was a somewhat related thread on this.

As far as Ramsey just reading a script, in response to the InvestmentNews piece, Ramsey has doubled down and sent out this tweet ...

"Proud to endorse Time Share Exit as long as SCUM like Diamond Resorts continues to RIP OFF the consumer, break laws, and provide crummy products. NO ONE needs a horrible Time Share" (Emphasis added)
Well, Diamond is rather crap.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I can't understand Ramsey's appeal after you've listened to the show once. Every call is pretty much the same. People call in and describe their massive debt and then he tells them to pay it off. How many times can you listen to that?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
just saw a similar article come across my feed on this

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I can't understand Ramsey's appeal after you've listened to the show once. Every call is pretty much the same. People call in and describe their massive debt and then he tells them to pay it off. How many times can you listen to that?
There is a lot of redundancy but there are details in several of the situations that relate more to certain people. And his program (financial peace University) is amazing and a huge help to literally thousands upon thousands of people. He's the reason my wife and I are 32 with no debt except a mortgage. Even with two 2016 vehicles, motorcycles, retail Welk ownership (not Dave approved lol) etc and why we can pay cash for thousands of dollars of home improvements and all our other toys. Budget budget budget.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
I have listened to Dave Ramsey. There is some good in his advice. If he helps people save money so they don’t go into retirement broke I am all for it.

Grown ups should be able to take the good and leave the rest. Buyer beware in all things.

Most financial advisors think timeshares are bad. We on Tug feel otherwise.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
While I agree with his view on Diamond, Ramsey doubles down on his endoresement of Timeshare Exit Team. If you watch at 4:33, he also mentions Wyndham is close to bankruptcy. Is he talking about the timeshare company that was spunoff or the hotel company?

Last edited:

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave is talking about WYND, which is a pure timeshare company. They used to be a part of WH, the hotel company. Now, two separate companies. Since this video was produced, the stock of WYND has gone up substantially. Not sure about his bankruptcy analysis. I think he is out on a limb with that.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
There is a lot of redundancy but there are details in several of the situations that relate more to certain people. And his program (financial peace University) is amazing and a huge help to literally thousands upon thousands of people. He's the reason my wife and I are 32 with no debt except a mortgage. Even with two 2016 vehicles, motorcycles, retail Welk ownership (not Dave approved lol) etc and why we can pay cash for thousands of dollars of home improvements and all our other toys. Budget budget budget.

Income, income, income. You didn't acquire all that stuff with a budget. You need cash to buy it or to pay off the finance company.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil