• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

LCUP points - Covid extension

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
HRC promised to extend all LCUP points from covid cancellations until Dec 31, 2021. Originally the CS reps said the online points summary would update showing the new dates for the points around May 10. Now they are saying that they will NOT show up on your summary. They are keeping track of them 'in-house' and you will need to call to use them for a reservation.

I had 2600 LCUP points that just expired and dropped off my points summary. When I called CS they did in fact still have the points listed and said I had until 12.31.21 to use them, just call in and ask. No res fee or extra fee to use the CS rep to make the reservation, since I had 'paid the fee once already'.

Still not happy they didn't allow any of the points to go back to CUP, but over 18 months to use LCUP is something +.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update.

My summary shows CUP, RCUP, and LCUP points. But most of the LCUP points are due to COVID-19 cancellations and should be good to go thru Dec 2021. I was starting to get nervous when it shows that they will be dropped in about a month.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
They charged me the fee to rebook. Guess it’s still a fluid situation. On the plus side, ya still have the points.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
It may be too late, but you might try converting those former CUP points to EEE, which has the advantage of a longer expiration date (two years from the check-in date of the fixed week you had) but also gives you access to a lot more inventory with excellent trading power.

And here's one caution about LCUP: since you're limited to reservations only within 60 days of check-in--and given that many thousands of owners are getting the same treatment you had--there is going to be tremendous competition for weeks that will show up as available for LCUP. I recommend you plan to go online with your search at midnight Eastern time exactly 60 days from your desired check-in date and grab anything that looks reasonable. There are going to be a lot of HRC owners who will be effectively shut out when things start to open up.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recommend you plan to go online with your search at midnight Eastern time exactly 60 days from your desired check-in date and grab anything that looks reasonable. There are going to be a lot of HRC owners who will be effectively shut out when things start to open up.

Problem is, you can't. Since these points are expired, they don't show up in your account anymore. You are required to call in. Sooo...be the first on the phone in the AM after you see something available.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Problem is, you can't. Since these points are expired, they don't show up in your account anymore. You are required to call in. Sooo...be the first on the phone in the AM after you see something available.

That’s an interesting point. This gives an advantage to owners who have regular LCUP points in their account as they can book online for that eight hour period.

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
They charged me the fee to rebook. Guess it’s still a fluid situation. On the plus side, ya still have the points.
I was charged to rebook as well.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
HRC promised to extend all LCUP points from covid cancellations until Dec 31, 2021. Originally the CS reps said the online points summary would update showing the new dates for the points around May 10. Now they are saying that they will NOT show up on your summary. They are keeping track of them 'in-house' and you will need to call to use them for a reservation.

I had 2600 LCUP points that just expired and dropped off my points summary. When I called CS they did in fact still have the points listed and said I had until 12.31.21 to use them, just call in and ask. No res fee or extra fee to use the CS rep to make the reservation, since I had 'paid the fee once already'.

Still not happy they didn't allow any of the points to go back to CUP, but over 18 months to use LCUP is something +.
That would make me nervous. I can see calling back next year and them saying, "What Points" and "Check your account online". Might want to see if you can get that in an email.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
That would make me nervous. I can see calling back next year and them saying, "What Points" and "Check your account online". Might want to see if you can get that in an email.

Agreed, but the way they are keeping track will not allow them to send out a confirmation. they are simply placing notes on each cancellation

I realize I probably have more 'covid' LCUP points that have been extended than most, but their record keeping is only through notes. If you only have a couple of cancels, it's easy. In my account, there were multiple weeks, and I used cup points to make the original reservations. So in one case the CUP points were pulled from FOUR different contracts. So when the Rep looks at your contract, they will only see the points that were originally drawn from that contract.

IOW, for the cancelled week of mine that had four different CUP baskets that were used, you have to KNOW the four contracts and then they will look at each contract and find the expired LCUP points attached to each one. But the note is not there. They have to take the record in the contract and cross reference that to the reservation the points were used for, and then see if it was a covid cancel as that is where the ''covid cancel note" is placed.

It's a MESS!

Easiest way to not have them on the phone for an hour each time: Keep track of the cancelled reservation NUMBER. If you give them the Res number, they can immediately look it up, find the notes, and see where the points came from originally.