• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fl executive order 14 day quarantine any person traveling from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Louisiana

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
One of my timeshares in Florida sent me an email and this was in it.

“Travel: The governor of Florida created an executive order that requires any person traveling from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Louisiana, to self-quarantine for 14 days at their designated destination in Florida. Florida is taking these travel restrictions very seriously. State officials are stopping travelers at the border and in airports to determine if you must self-quarantine. Travelers who are directed to self-quarantine must be available for follow up contact by the state and are subject to 60 days in jail for violations. Management is being asked to help enforce the quarantine. If you have a one-week reservation, information regarding where you will self-quarantine for the balance of the time will be required. “

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes it's true. The only question mark I have is whether or not resort management is helping to enforce the quarantine. For anyone planning on visiting Florida most beaches are open and the water is clearer and cleaner than I have ever seen.
May 23 is the opening date for some timeshares.

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

“Travel: The governor of Florida created an executive order that requires any person traveling from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Louisiana, to self-quarantine for 14 days at their designated destination in Florida."
Just another example of the USA's Keystone Cops approach to managing Covid-19. What is the gov'nor thinking? People from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Louisiana are somehow "more contagious" than other people?

If anything, these areas have seen a higher rate of infection, so these areas are further down the path to "herd immunity" -- not that anywhere in the USA is very far down that path -- and people from these areas would have a slightly less chance for bring infection to Florida.

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just another example of the USA's Keystone Cops approach to managing Covid-19. What is the gov'nor thinking? People from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Louisiana are somehow "more contagious" than other people?

If anything, these areas have seen a higher rate of infection, so these areas are further down the path to "herd immunity" -- not that anywhere in the USA is very far down that path -- and people from these areas would have a slightly less chance for bring infection to Florida.
No keystone cops approach. The governor determined the above states were evacuating to Florida and took appropriate actions. It has worked. By the way these rules went into effect March 23.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

“Travel: The governor of Florida created an executive order that requires any person traveling from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Louisiana, to self-quarantine for 14 days at their designated destination in Florida. Florida is taking these travel restrictions very seriously. State officials are stopping travelers at the border and in airports .....

14 Day self -quarantine concept can work / read the link to the BBC article in the TUG thread on Vietnam and Covid 19 .( everyone entering or returning to Vietnam was taken directly to facilities to stay for a 14 period and also tested )

This pick and choose concept is more like building a Maginot Line AFTER the German army is already in France .
IMO / LOL

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
14 Day self -quarantine concept can work / read the link to the BBC article in the TUG thread on Vietnam and Covid 19 .( everyone entering or returning to Vietnam was taken directly to facilities to stay for a 14 period and also tested )

This pick and choose concept is more like building a Maginot Line AFTER the German army is already in France .
IMO / LOL
I believe it could work but limiting certain states has many holes. I am in SC and lets say without knowing I had contact with someone who had the virus that came to SC from NYC. I end up being asymptomatic. I go to Florida, I am not quarantined.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova