• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Depositing Lock-Off Unit at Aruba Surf Club with II as two separate deposits

cory30

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to get the answer, thanks. I will need to separate reservation #'s and MVC has now split the unit and provided those for me.

Due to the current travel situation I find myself needing to deposit my 3-bedroom lockoff at Aruba Surf Club with Interval International. I have an Interval account and already have the resort registered with my account. With that said, I have never deposited this unit as I always either use or rent. When I deposit my preference will be to split this into two separate deposits to maximize future usage. The Interval website allows this option but requires the reservation number for each lock-off portion. Prior to depositing will I need Marriott to split the current reservation into to separate reservation numbers? I have spoken to three different people at MVC - one said I could not lock-off the reservation at this point; one said I didn't need a separate reservation number; and one said they would need to lock-off and would have to do the deposit for me (I couldnt do it online).

I would prefer to handle it myself but didn't want to submit two deposits with the same reservation number and end up messing something up. Any guidance or past experience is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I lockoff my units at mvci.com. You definitely need 2 reservation numbers on II, whether they do it for you in which case you may not be aware or not. Once you have 2 reservation numbers, it can be done online with II.

The question may be that since you already reserved the whole unit, can you change it back to a lockoff. Used to be you could do so, not 100% sure it has or has not changed. I believe you had to cancel your original reservation (maybe they can do it as a change manually). If you are close to the reservation date (60 days), that could be an issue. How far to your checkin date? You would likely pay a reservation change or cancel fee in addition to the lockoff fee.

I doubt you can do this online. You'll have to call mvci.

cory30

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Steve,

The reservation is inside of 60 days (June 28 check-in) so I believe that was the issue. I had one representative tell me that since the reservation was for the full 3 bedroom I couldn't lock it off since I was inside of 60 days. I was able to talk to another representative who worked to successfully lock off both units and have them deposited with II. I was pretty lucky as they chose to waive any lock off or change fees as well. These are late deposits so I am limited to searching 60 days out but having two deposits to work with helps ease the sting of missing Aruba this summer.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Steve,

The reservation is inside of 60 days (June 28 check-in) so I believe that was the issue. I had one representative tell me that since the reservation was for the full 3 bedroom I couldn't lock it off since I was inside of 60 days. I was able to talk to another representative who worked to successfully lock off both units and have them deposited with II. I was pretty lucky as they chose to waive any lock off or change fees as well. These are late deposits so I am limited to searching 60 days out but having two deposits to work with helps ease the sting of missing Aruba this summer.

I think at times they are being a little more flexible due to the pandemic. Yeah, even 60 days out (twice) is better than nothing, Glad you got it worked out and got the right rep!