• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Massanutten in August

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how things are going at Massanutten? I have a week reserved at Regal Vistas there for our daughter and son-in-law. I'm thinking it is a fairly low-risk trip for everyone if the resort is open--they can drive down from NJ with maybe one stop on the way) and go straight into their own unit (with contactless key pickup, I hope) and relax there, even if the pools and activities are not happening. I still have some hope!

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
They were open until the Governor issued emergency stay at home orders at the end of March. It is scheduled to be lifted 6/10, but things could change.

I expect they will open back up once the state eases up. My guess is you may or may not be charged a resort fee and recreational facilities may or may not be opened. In my view, it is a good place to enjoy nature and pretty easy to socially distance.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
They were open until the Governor issued emergency stay at home orders at the end of March. It is scheduled to be lifted 6/10, but things could change.

I expect they will open back up once the state eases up. My guess is you may or may not be charged a resort fee and recreational facilities may or may not be opened. In my view, it is a good place to enjoy nature and pretty easy to socially distance.

Thanks for the update! The website makes it look like they are open now--I was trying to figure out how that could be.

I know they will be really careful about social distancing.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Regal Vistas are the newest villas and the top of line villas at this Resort.
The Governor of Virginia, this Monday, is going to make some news announcement about lifting some emergency measures In the state of Virginia.
My suggestion are to read the Richmond Times Dispatcher newspaper Tuesday morning or to search one of the City of Richmond local television stations for the 5PM News on Monday , May 5, 2020.

The Governor of Virginia will do a live broadcast Monday on local Virginia television stations in the state either at 2PM or 4PM.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Regal Vistas are the newest villas and the top of line villas at this Resort.
The Governor of Virginia, this Monday, is going to make some news announcement about lifting some emergency measures In the state of Virginia.
My suggestion are to read the Richmond Times Dispatcher newspaper Tuesday morning or to search one of the City of Richmond local television stations for the 5PM News on Monday , May 5, 2020.

The Governor of Virginia will do a live broadcast Monday on local Virginia television stations in the state either at 2PM or 4PM.

Thanks! They were really looking forward to going. Are the villas like individual houses? Will they be able to go straight in through their own door? (That is, no elevators or long hallways.)

I'm glad they're not even supposed to go till August. I hope things will be clearer then, at least a little.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggestions only please go on TUG website and check the review section and the resort website to read reviews and actual pictures of The Regal Vistas villas
You are going to be very happy with this resort IMHO.

When you view the Regal Vistas video your questions and concerns will be answers. I have one concern , please tell them to say no to their sales presentation it is very high pressure. IMHO. Please say NO. Please do not attend this sale presentation.

Last edited:

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggestions only please go on TUG website and check the review section and the resort website to read reviews and actual pictures of The Regal Vistas villas
You are going to be very happy with this resort IMHO.

When you view the Regal Vistas video your questions and concerns will be answers. I have one concern , please tell them to say no to their sales presentation it is very high pressure. IMHO. Please say NO. Please do not attend this sale presentation.

Thank you! I will tell them absolutely no. I appreciate the tip!

BobDE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten
Thanks! They were really looking forward to going. Are the villas like individual houses? Will they be able to go straight in through their own door? (That is, no elevators or long hallways.)

They are duplexes with garages. You can enter through the garage or your private front door. There are connecting doors for people who want both sides of the lockout. (Which would be 4 bedrooms)

No elevators or halls. All on ground level.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! One more question--do the units have terraces or any kind of little porch where they could sit outside?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Most have a patio with grill flat on the ground. A few have more of a railed of deck depending on how they are situated on slight hills. They are placed in such a way that you do have privacy so you probably won't see other's patios although some are within full sight of the street. Some locations are better than others but you can't make requests and they don't assign the units until the day of.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most have a patio with grill flat on the ground. A few have more of a railed of deck depending on how they are situated on slight hills. They are placed in such a way that you do have privacy so you probably won't see other's patios although some are within full sight of the street. Some locations are better than others but you can't make requests and they don't assign the units until the day of.

Excellent! Honestly, the units look really nice and I'm sure they will be fine with any of them. I'll have them ask for a view if possible a few days before. Thanks!

BobDE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten
Here is a map. I do not own there. I own The Summit. But we have been doing internal exchanges to get into the Regal Vistas. The views are not as nice as up on the mountain.

When we have gone they allow us to select a unit at check in. I carry this map with me. The left side is the original units (Sunday check in) and the right side is the newer units (Saturday check in).

The gate is usually open. You may be able to drive through on your way in and look at the units to decide which would be best for you. My personal favorites are 2177 and 2181.

Of course we travel off season, so there is always more availability.

I have also been there early and they have let me select a unit, and even check in if it is clean.

Attachments

• RegalVista.pdf
    319.4 KB · Views: 20

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a map. I do not own there. I own The Summit. But we have been doing internal exchanges to get into the Regal Vistas. The views are not as nice as up on the mountain.

When we have gone they allow us to select a unit at check in. I carry this map with me. The left side is the original units (Sunday check in) and the right side is the newer units (Saturday check in).

The gate is usually open. You may be able to drive through on your way in and look at the units to decide which would be best for you. My personal favorites are 2177 and 2181.

Of course we travel off season, so there is always more availability.

I have also been there early and they have let me select a unit, and even check in if it is clean.

Thanks so much! Miss Marty just posted (in another thread) that there are no inbounds there till at least June 10, so if they are open in August, they may be full up. Which makes me a little anxious, because I was picturing it mostly empty. But we'll see how it goes.

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are scheduled to stay in a 1 bedroom with a full kitchen at Woodstone the third week of June. This will be our first visit to Massanutten. If we are given a choice of units, what would you suggest?