• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When is the last time you hugged your grandkids?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Never. Don't have grandkids.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I don't have kids, so really never!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Too darn long and we're suffering from withdrawal! March 3rd for the 8 year old granddaughter and DS. March 17th for the 3 year old granddaughter and DIL.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I do not have kids or grandkids. But I was planning to visit my family including my many nieces and nephews in Florida in July. That trip has been canceled. I had booked a 3 BR in the Marriott Marco Island. Canceled due to Covid.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
One more with no grandkids.

OK, now all the grandparents can chime in. :D

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
For us, it was on Boxing Day. All of ours and DH's family gets together that day and a few days later we left for the winter in Belize. We returned home March 23rd to quarantine then isolation. We video chat with all 4 of them often, but it just isn't the same. :( Oldest DGD found out yesterday that Prom & Graduation are cancelled and she was so upset I just wanted to give her a big hug.

~Diane

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We did a drive by birthday party for one of my grand daughters. Every one drove by while the grandkids were in the back of a pick up colecting presents. Our gift was in the back of our truck so I got out to get it . My grand daughters all jumped out of their pick up and hug mobed me. I huged all three of them back. We are all still alive and well.

Bill

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Two weeks ago....feels like forever. Probably see them this weekend; weather is going to be warm and sunny.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is probably better to look at the study they based the decision on. It is clear from the study that the risk of those under 12 is extremely low. Others studies seem to bundle that age group along with those 12-20 and the result is different. But I do find it fascinating that so many studies have contradicted other studies about Covid: heat and the Sun, face masks etc

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
The way I look at it is if you have loved ones you want to see or need to care for, then do it. It may be 2 years before the covid-19 crisis is over. Can you give up 2 years of your life for a small risk that you or your loved ones may get sick by your visit? If so, then by all means postpone it. But if not, I think seeing loved ones is worth the small risk. In my case, my dad (age 76 with diabetes and heart disease) and great aunt (age 86 but otherwise healthy) may be dead in 2 years by other causes (not covid). If I can go visit them soon, I would do so. Because I may never see them again otherwise. My doctor told me today to live in the moment because that is all we have.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
At this point, I am still trying to figure out what it will take for me to get on a plane to see my son in California. At minimum it will have to be a widely available effective treatment.

In your case, you and your son are young enough (and hopefully healthy enough) to survive the next 2 years. So waiting might make sense. It is all very personal.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanksgiving. DS is divorced and we were supposed to have him for spring break....didn't happen. Hopefully, sometime over the summer, he will be able to come for 2 weeks.....He is in Texas, ds and we are in WA/ID

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is TJ birthday today and he is pretty sad. I saw three of them Christmas morning and the other feb 24. Really feeling blue

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to remember the last time I hugged and said good-bye to my grand-sons, ages 7 and 8 -- It was January 10 and I was departing Kauai a few days ahead of them -- returning to my home in Palm Springs. They flew home to SF Bay Area. So it has been more than 3 months, which is longer than we usually go between visits. Still hoping to fly north the first week in June. I know that many would call me foolish, but I will have no qualms about getting on a plane, if the skies are 'friendly'.

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
We spent the entire month of March isolating with some of them at their home in Tampa. It was wonderful isolating together. But we came back to SC the beginning of April and haven't seen any of the 10 grandkids since (of course we have an 11 month old foster baby (who really misses by 12 month old & 2 year old grandsons)….but she keeps us well entertained and we get lots of baby snuggles. She took her first steps last week!!!! I love my gardens & work outside everyday....but I don't know what I would do without her sweet presence in our home.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
its been about a month, however we did do the drive in 6 feet away with them in their car seats talking and virtual hugs Thursday. :hug

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
March 5th was the last day I saw my little guy. My 4 year old grandson called me via FaceTime today to say he’s done with staying away from his GG and POP-POP and he wants to come over to spend the night. I asked him if his parents knew he was calling and he laughed and said no GG. I just don’t wanna be stuck doing nothing forever. Can you tell that Covid bird to go away.

My daughter in law heard him talking to me and tried to explain that we wanted to see him as much as he wanted to see us.

I miss my little buddy so much and can’t wait to see him again

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
2 days ago. My #2 daughter (she has five, 8 and under) drove over to visit. Got to hug all five of them!