• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Many Americans ready to travel once lockdown lifted, polls show

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I will be travelling to our TS in MI as its only a 4 hour drive and it's in August and we will and can bring our own food... To have the water as my view will be a wonderful thing to see and feel

Last edited:

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Coloradorunner

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Mountain Vista
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I was originally planning a 20 year anniversary trip to Italy in October. I don’t see Europe as a likely possibility but I do think we’ll go somewhere domestically. Maybe California or Florida.
This summer we definitely plan on traveling within our state - Colorado - and possibly drive to nearby Utah and New Mexico if parks and such are open. My sons Boy Scout camp out for late July in Montana hasn’t been cancelled yet so we’ll see on that one.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
It is strange that people say they are done or ignoring someone when the other person presents an alternate viewpoint.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I wasn't referring to all of those other factors you referred to. I thought this was a discussion on COVID-19.

The other factors mentioned are related to Covid-19. You can‘t ignore the additional damage to human beings like mental health, finances, job loss, food shortages, suicides, domestic violence, child abuse, etc that will result from the Covid-19 shut downs and SIP/SAH.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Done with this discussion

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you are referring to me, just say so. I'm tired of the back and forth so I choose not to continue with a "discussion".

No, I am referring to all the Tuggers who say this. It is quite a common response, not just you. Plus I thought you were no longer reading this. BTW, I like your contributions to TUG so I would hate if you stop contributing. Please stay involved and share your great viewpoints!

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is strange when someone says they are done with a conversation that others keep on posting directly to them.

I did not say I am done!

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
No, I am referring to all the Tuggers who say this. It is quite a common response, not just you. Plus I thought you were no longer reading this. BTW, I like your contributions to TUG so I would hate if you stop contributing. Please stay involved and share your great viewpoints!
I didn't say I had stopped reading this thread as it started out as many Americans being ready to travel when restrictions are lifted. I am just done with the discussion about Sweden and how they've handled COVID-19. You're not getting rid of me that easily. ;)

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I didn't say I had stopped reading this thread as it started out as many Americans being ready to travel when restrictions are lifted. I am just done with the discussion about Sweden and how they've handled COVID-19. You're not getting rid of me that easily. ;)

Good! I did not want to get rid of you. Your posts are always super helpful to me. I like the diverse viewpoints! :)

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be up, up and away as soon as the borders reopen in England and Bavaria Germany to USA citizens . We have a trip to Paris in June for 10 nights, but received an email from the Marriott we are booked at saying the hotel is currently closed and will most likely be still closed in June. Have our annual 3 week trip starting in July to Bavaria, Germany . I will be crying if the borders are closed still for that one :cry:
An article I read a week or 2 ago said Schengren countries might only reopen to other Schengren this summer, other countries August . Hope that's not true.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I'm going to start by saying I have been on the low end of scale regarding measures of precaution.
It was a bit disconcerting to see in the online news this morning that a postal employee at nearby office has been diagnosed as positive.
I was at that location on Friday
-- and possible asymptomatic carriers hasn't really caused me much concern.
Now, with this, I am thinking I like it better 'not knowing'.

I'm holding tight to a few days booked at Portland Wyndham starting June 2. And a post here about Oregon's status has me encouraged.
Truth is, I would board a plane tomorrow. Scares me less that my most recent outing to Walmart.

As a healthcare provider I am concerned.

Walmart:

Flying: SCROLL to BLUE image and click on it.

The Washington Post Live updates: As ‘quarantine fatigue’ spreads, Fauci says second wave of coronavirus is ‘inevitable’.

To everyone, Pick your poison.
Anything this prevalent and DEADLY is serious business.
Why? because if you are infected, somebody ELSE will also become infected because of you.
Personal decisions affect others.

and a new problem for children:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Coughs and sneezes always traveled. We have always been vulnerable to a sneeze or cough.

I really think we had this illness back in early March. I remember thinking it was a pretty severe cold, back pain where my lungs are, then it fizzled after about five days.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
In case you didn't know, Luanne is "Done with this discussion" "Done with this discussion" "Done with this discussion" "Done with this discussion" "Done with this discussion" "Done with this discussion" :wave:

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I have a question. If people are so concerned with flattening the curve and protecting others, then why are so many people eager to travel as soon as restrictions are lifted?

I'm not sure they are necessarily the same people. It may be that those concerned with flattening the curve are the ones not looking to do travel anytime soon, even if (like me) they would love to do so. Those that have decided that they are going to travel as soon as possible, may just be those that are less concerned with maintaining a downward trend on the curve for whatever reason, or perhaps they are more comfortable with taking this particular risk, or maybe not even perceive it as much of a risk. :shrug:

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I'm not sure they are necessarily the same people. It may be that those concerned with flattening the curve are the ones not looking to do travel anytime soon, even if (like me) they would love to do so. Those that have decided that they are going to travel as soon as possible, may just be those that are less concerned with maintaining a downward trend on the curve for whatever reason, or perhaps they are more comfortable with taking this particular risk, or maybe not even perceive it as much of a risk. :shrug:

Personally, I see flattening the curve a waste unless it’s done until we have a proven, effective treatment. Many states are looking as opening up very soon and I bet the curve will rocket upwards. Once a few states open up, the spread will run rampant and hospitals overloaded. I have heard word from one friend in China that the second wave is worse than the first one and China is doing their best to suppress this information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I am ready to travel as long as the infrastructure is ready for tourists.

Good point - with an unknown answer for many locations .

Another unknown : for out of country travel insurance - will it exclude Covid 19?
but be fine for getting hit by a car ; since Insurance companies don’t like covering “ unknowns “.

I have a question. If people are so concerned with flattening the curve and protecting others, then why are so many people eager to travel as soon as restrictions are lifted?

In my opinion - flattening the curve is about protecting our healthcare system-
{from being overwhelmed and crashing (into a twisted unrecognizable mess) }
As a Canadian - I pay a MF ( taxes)
to make sure that the resort ( Ontario ) has that amenity when I need it .
I. see this as an “owner “ not a customer - so I am very willing to participate.

The problem in Ontario : is that there is not yet sufficient testing to identify or trace the 20% of new cases that are
from unknown community transmission sources .( CBC news - April 29 - written by reporter Mike Crawley )
The other 80% are nursing home residents- workers - family members of confirmed cases etc .

without more testing - you have to keep using social distancing and masks to prevent healthcare / hospital capacity issues .- because the 20% would then magnify exponentially.

Can we safely travel to our cottage (120;miles ):by car - walk around & wave to people - go the beach in an isolated area -
sure we can ./ but more than that - who knows right now .

We have 2 weeks booked in Puerto Vallarta in Feb 2021
1 ) Right now the PV airport, is closed
2 ) no Canadian airlines are flying to Mexico
3 ) the Canada - USA border is closed to non essential travel .

Hard to get there currently .

Last edited:

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
South Dakota, Montana and Wyoming look pretty attractive for travel this summer. :cool:

Montana is a gorgeous State. Try Going to the Sun road in Glacier National Park. Check out Whitefish, flathead lake area. Montana also has tons of hot springs.

My summer home is literally 300 feet from the Montana border because I love the Alberta/Montana area so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a timeshare reservation for mid-May. If the resort opens (doubtful as time goes by, but still hopeful on my part; full refund cancellation are allowed up to 24 hours in advance of arrival), I will be there. Rocky Mountain National Park may or may not be re-opened by then; if not, there is excellent hiking on National Forest land.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Montana is a gorgeous State. .......My summer home is literally 300 feet from the Montana border because I love the Alberta/Montana area so much.

So under current Canadian Guidelines are you 50 or 45. - SDU’s from the border ?

SDU = Social Distancing Unit = 6 feet / or 2 metres - per Cdn. guidelines .
1 metre = 39 inches (approx) = 6 extra inches per SDU.

Just make sure you count correctly or you will be violating the “ non essential
travel rules- by entering Montana .

LOL

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Personally, I see flattening the curve a waste unless it’s done until we have a proven, effective treatment.
That is the approach Sweden chose in response to Covid-19

Many states are looking as opening up very soon and I bet the curve will rocket upwards. Once a few states open up, the spread will run rampant and hospitals overloaded. I have heard word from one friend in China that the second wave is worse than the first one and China is doing their best to suppress this information.

Were the hospitals in Sweden "overloaded?"

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
All I know is here in NH where our numbers are low things are cancelled through Columbus Day. Things like fairs and other events. Even our doctors office isn’t opening until August- so they say. I don’t see beaches or pools opening then, nor do I see restaurants opening. Right now the National Forest Service shut down all trailheads. Maybe we can go to a timeshare condo and isolate in there. But what good is it if you can’t do anything,
But it's a different four walls I'm looking at. :) If the timeshares are open, then we'll go, and plan to just hunker down once we get there.