• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How about no more COVID19, Masks, Social Distancing, etc.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
¿Can we just drop all this? The discussions are going no where and people are getting their hackles up. I have my opinions. Y'll have your opinions. Leave it at that.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Finally a post about the virus I like. :)

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
¿Can we just drop all this? The discussions are going no where and people are getting their hackles up. I have my opinions. Y'll have your opinions. Leave it at that.

Ok, but I still disagree with the way you spell "Intermnational" in the resorts you own....

Resorts Owned:
Worldmark 89,000
Seaside Oregon Residence Club
Diamond Resorts Intermnational Hawaiian Collection 50,000
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cavo

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi geist 1223 ,
Here are some thoughts :

I think these topics will have an impact on how Timeshare resorts reopen - as resort managements
move toward that goal .

1 ) will your resort require a mask be worn in public areas ?

2) will a thermometer reading be done at check in ?

3 ) Will swimming pools be a part of reopening - or will resorts leave them closed due to difficulties?
in controlling usage safely . ( note - remember diving boards / remember how they have disappeared )

4 )will resorts reopen onsite restaurants etc. or will it be room service only ?

5 ) will check out time be 10am or earlier and check in time 5 pm or later - to allow for cleaning requirements ?

6) will MF go up due to additional cleaning costs ?

Last edited:

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score

Whenever you're in conflict with someone, attitude is an important factor. Never forget, conflict cannot survive without your participation. ;)

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Ok, but I still disagree with the way you spell "Intermnational" in the resorts you own....

Resorts Owned:
Worldmark 89,000
Seaside Oregon Residence Club
Diamond Resorts Intermnational Hawaiian Collection 50,000
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cavo

Agree. I also misspelled San Jose del Cabo.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi geist 1223 ,
Here are some thoughts :

I think these topics will have an impact on how Timeshare resorts reopen - as resort managements
move toward that goal .

Will your travel insurance policy cover being barred from the timeshare because of an unacceptable thermometer reading.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Is the pandemic over?

Not over but I am really starting to like the odds. There are 40 million people in the state of California 1746 have died.

Life has changed dramatically but moving forward is what life is all about.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

Its a shame we can’t discuss without it devolving into name calling, perhaps its time to add it to the contentious social issues list that cannot be mentioned like sex, religion, and politics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its a shame we can’t discuss without it devolving into name calling, perhaps its time to add it to the contentious social issues list that cannot be mentioned like sex, religion, and politics.

But it's not, in and of itself, a contentious social issue. It's a valid health issue that without any doubt, relates to the timeshare industry in many ways.

It's simply a few members and guests that turn it into a contentious social issue. Perhaps those are the ones that need to be addressed.

Any issue can become contentious depending on the approach taken to discussing it. Once again, should you be unable to discuss a subject without resorting to childish rhetoric, don't join in. Should you have any questions as to whether a certain subject will bother you, don't open the thread and certainly don't participate. We're all adults here and some need to participate as adults.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi geist 1223 ,
Here are some thoughts :

move toward that goal .

3 ) Will swimming pools be a part of reopening - or will resorts leave them closed due to difficulties?
in controlling usage safely . ( note - remember diving boards / remember how they have disappeared )

4 )will resorts reopen onsite restaurants etc. or will it be room service only ?

5 ) will check out time be 10am or earlier and check in time 5 pm or later - to allow for cleaning requirements ?

Too bad they never stay on those questions.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi geist 1223 ,
Here are some thoughts :I think these topics will have an impact on how Timeshare resorts reopen - as resort managements move toward that goal .

I think it will likely be necessary to have information sharing on TUG in 2021 that connects to these topics
( ie)
- does resort X require a civil. mask be worn at check in .
- what was the cleaning protocols at resort Y when you stayed their as an owner .
- etc.

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
But it's not, in and of itself, a contentious social issue...... We're all adults here and some need to participate as adults.

Here is my TIMESHARE version .
Almost everyone on TUG owns or is familiar with how timeshares work

As a timeshare owner I bought a piece of a bigger whole . I would like to be able to use the resort and amenities in the future . I hope the HOA and resort management use good management and rules to protect my future use .

Mr. X owns week 35 unit 200 a 2 bedroom lockoff . He decides to barbecue in the kitchen because the resort
has closed their BBQ area . He says it is his week and his ownership and therefore he can do what he wants .
The owners of week 36-52 are unable to use their week / unit as a result of this action .

I have read the threads on TUG about pool chair hogs - who go at 7am to put towels and possessions on chairs so the can go back at noon and use the pool . They think this is “ their right “ as owners .

Just my thoughts-

Last edited:

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is my TIMESHARE version .
Almost everyone on TUG owns or is familiar with how timeshares work

As a timeshare owner I bought a piece of a bigger whole . I would like to be able to use the resort and amenities in the future . I hope the HOA and resort management use good management and rules to protect my future use .

Mr. X owns week 35 unit 200 a 2 bedroom lockoff . He decides to barbecue in the kitchen because the resort
has closed their BBQ area . He says it is his week and his ownership and therefore he can do what he wants .
The owners of week 36-52 are unable to use their week / unit as a result of this action .

I have read the threads on TUG about pool chair hogs - who go at 7am to put towels and possessions on chairs so the can go back at noon and use the pool . They think this is “ their right “ as owners .

Just my thoughts-
While I appreciate your frustration, perhaps I'm missing what the point is regarding covid-19 being a contentious social issue.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
While I appreciate your frustration, perhaps I'm missing what the point is regarding covid-19 being a contentious social issue.

Because it always turns into how the government is handling it.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not always, just from some.

I’m glad they got closed down. There are plenty of other places to talk about that stuff. People can always have private conversations with TUG friends too. Heck, they can even invite enemies to join in. :)