• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Poll: Where are you using your HGVC points in 2021 and 2022?

For 2021/2022, how are you planning to use your HGVC points?

• HGVC Florida-Orlando locations

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • HGVC Florida-Atlantic locations

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • HGVC Florida-Gulf locations

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • HGVC Las Vegas locations

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • HGVC NYC locations

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • HGVC Washington DC location

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • HGVC Chicago location

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HGVC South Carolina locations

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • HGVC Colorado location

• HGVC Utah location

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • HGVC California locations

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • HGVC Hawaii-Big Island locations

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • HGVC Hawaii-Oahu locations

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • HGVC Scotland locations

• HGVC Portugal location

• HGVC Italy location

• HGVC Mexico locations

• HGVC Japan locations

• HGVC Barbados location

• Resort exchange via RCI, SFX, private exchange, etc

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • HGVC hotel point conversion

• HGVC ClubPartner exchange (CruisesOnly, Tauck, El Monte RV, etc)

• HGVC Hawaii-Maui location ** future resort **

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I’m normally a borrower when it comes to my HGVC points. This year, I just saved my 2020 points but I didn’t have much (less than 2,000 HGVC Points).

I’m assuming some of you might have saved 2019 points that are now expiring in 2021 (instead of 2020 thanks to HGVC) as well as your 2020 and 2021 points.

Are you planning to splurge on a big trip in 2021? Planning lots of little trips? January reservations have already started for 2021. Where are you going?:)

I was planning to go to Hawaii in 2021. Worst case I can push that out to 2022.

Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Some in South beach and a bunch at Grand Islander, Lagoon or Hokulani. Maybe on Maui if it opens in 2021.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Future Maui resort added.

HGVC Club Member website states "Proposed – estimated opening, Q1 2022" (link)

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I have so many points I cannot imagine how I will use them all.
If you have a lot of free time with stay at home order. Make a list and do some research. It helps pass time and gives you something to look forward to.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
If you have a lot of free time with stay at home order. Make a list and do some research. It helps pass time and gives you something to look forward to.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I agree. This is exactly what I’ve done. I have Interval International deposits, HGVC, Vistana and WorldMark. My future plans will be based on what needs to be used first (before they expire).

We have limited annual vacation time. Once I did the exercise, I actually discovered that my situation wasn’t as bad as I initially thought.:thumbup:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I love both Kings Land and HHV and can't wait to return to both. I have a trip with my brother and my two brothers-in-law to Grand Waikikian in October and that's the next HGVC trip (assuming Hawaii opens for business). Not sure on next Kings Land trip but I'm sure I will be back!

Thanks for the poll, and interested to see the responses!

Best,

Greg

fernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have so many points I cannot imagine how I will use them all.
Points, and for us, airline "credits" from cancelled 2020 vacation trips, business trips and trips to attend weddings. Provided things open up, doesn't look like we will be home much in 2021!

Big Island is our preferred destination.

BTW - I read a lot of hostile comments regarding sentiment towards visitors to the Hawaiian Islands going forward. A lot of "too much tourism" and "need to discourage tourism", even after the virus problem is over, comments in the Hawaiian media. But there is what you read and what is true and no real way to know when what you read IS true.

Once travel to Hawaii resumes, would love to see some posts regarding what is left of the Aloha spirit from those who make the journey.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Points, and for us, airline "credits" from cancelled 2020 vacation trips, business trips and trips to attend weddings. Provided things open up, doesn't look like we will be home much in 2021!

Our flights changed by enough that we were able to turn the majority of those into cash, so no forced spend for those, But points are another thing. Lost a W. 57th trip in April (points back to us). We have Elara mid-May. Not sure I've seen it formally cancelled as yet, but I do expect that. As we have too many contracts and already way more points than we need, we will be drowning in excess points. :)

Cheers.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Looking at a Elara 4 BR Plus unit to have a post Covid get together, looking at 2021 for that. That should chew up some points.

Hoping that my Scotland trip, postponed from last year (because I found cheap Fiji airfare and went there instead), might happen late this year or I will have to push it into summer of 2021 instead.

Depending where I stand at the end of the year, I might convert a years worth of points to HH. Not what I normally would do, but between 2019, 2020 and 2021 points, I am sitting on 35,000 points.

rdw95

Reaction score
Going back to Borgo in Italy in zddition to Park City and Tortuga in Florida. We cancelled Italy and Utah for this year (we own both).