• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fauci urges caution about relying on antibody tests

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
WHO and other sources are saying there is no proof you are immune just because you now have antibodies in your system.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
WHO and other sources are saying there is no proof you are immune just because you now have antibodies in your system.
Makes sense for everyone to say that. There is no way to really know yet, too soon. But if I had it before and didn’t know that makes me think my immune system was good enough for me to be ok.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
There was a discussion a while back that IF the antibodies DID prevent a relapse, then with proper ID you could get away without a mask and all the precautions because you were immune. Then there was the concern about private information, and the subject kind of went away. Especially now since the antibodies may not matter.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
There was a discussion a while back that IF the antibodies DID prevent a relapse, then with proper ID you could get away without a mask and all the precautions because you were immune. Then there was the concern about private information, and the subject kind of went away. Especially now since the antibodies may not matter.

I remember all that buzz, at the time i was wonder how you could tell if someone without the mask had really been tested. I cam imagine a lot people would claim to be immune just so they could go back to work or be out and about without mask, gloves, etc...

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I remember all that buzz, at the time i was wonder how you could tell if someone without the mask had really been tested. I cam imagine a lot people would claim to be immune just so they could go back to work or be out and about without mask, gloves, etc...
The thought was to create an ID of some sort that documented your condition. But it was blasted as making your private situation too public. I get it. I've been hospitalized for COVID-19, but I don't think I want to wear an ID badge around my neck in public to say I don't need a mask anymore (IF the antibodies worked!)

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.
The thought was to create an ID of some sort that documented your condition. But it was blasted as making your private situation too public. I get it. I've been hospitalized for COVID-19, but I don't think I want to wear an ID badge around my neck in public to say I don't need a mask anymore (IF the antibodies worked!)

In my opinion, this would be unconstitutional also I don’t trust Gates and his ID2020 idea. I really don’t think there’s a need for it and I don’t support it.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun

In my opinion, this would be unconstitutional also I don’t trust Gates and his ID2020 idea. I really don’t think there’s a need for it and I don’t support it.
Yes, not like I want some badge to wear to prove I don't need to wear a face mask. Total STUPID!
!

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Scarlet letter anyone?

ID won’t work. Medical Information is private and should stay that way IMHO

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I am not in favor of a Covid ID. I am hoping that with extensive testing and tracing and quarantine of the sick as well as SIP for the at risk groups, that we can start to lift SIP/SAH for the majority.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Not necessarily claim they are immune, but you could see covid parties where people try to get the virus, so they can get over it and go about their lives.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I will determine my own future without any help or assistance from the government.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Not necessarily claim they are immune, but you could see covid parties where people try to get the virus, so they can get over it and go about their lives.
When I was a kid, parents would send their kids to a household where they had an active case of chicken pox so that their kid would get it, as it was much worse if you got it when you were older. I'm sure some people have at least thought about doing that for CV-19.

Kurt

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I never got the chicken pox. My younger brother got it when I was a teenager and I still did not get it. I got the vaccine as an adult about 12 years ago when I was working in a medical setting.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was a kid, parents would send their kids to a household where they had an active case of chicken pox so that their kid would get it, as it was much worse if you got it when you were older. I'm sure some people have at least thought about doing that for CV-19.

Kurt
I guess that's one way to control when you get it vs waiting and wondering and living in fear. Hopefully you are alone and fully stocked up for a two to three week hole up.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Testing in Santa Clara County shows that the real numbers of covid 19 are way off. The CDC is forcing states to recount confirmed covid 19 deaths to include confirmed cases and probable cases. Last week New York reported 3,700 non-confirmed but presumed deaths attributed to covid 19.

This new study by Dr Loannidis suggests that the CDC numbers are way off. His study show a 50 to 80 fold higher infection rate of covid 19 than CDC projections. Basically,this study shows that many people have already acquired anti bodies to covid 19.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score

Kurt
The anti vaxxers still do this. They call it “chicken pox parties “

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
The WHO has to be cautious. Does NOT mean the antibodies are worthless AT ALL. It would be rather unusual for the CV19 antibodies to not be protective as Mers/SARS and 4 other common cold Coronaviruses offer immunity for a couple years.
I also find it highly highly interesting that as antibody testing ramps up they are finding way way more mild/asymptomatic cases than previously thought. Every area that has started the antibody testing is showing finding more than they thought.

Caveat though is on the test and its accuracy. And that alone is reason enough to reject "immunity" papers!!! Good grief I cannot believe this is even being considered in any way, shape, or form at ALL! What a way to turn a whole section of a country into permanent second class citizens!!! What happens to your job if you aren't immune-especially at first? Is it held for you? are you allowed out of your dwelling? Are you forcibly barred from visiting family who may not have the same immune status? Are you only allowed to mingle with your own "immunity:" level? What about if the test is proven to have given a false result -lets say positive you are immune and then found to not be? Are you then charged with possible murder or pain and suffering if found you infected others? etc. I could write a 12 page dissertation on why this is MORALLY and ETHICALLY WRONG. And I do not care a WHIT what other authoritarian countries are doing (don't believe EU will go for it either)

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The WHO has to be cautious. Does NOT mean the antibodies are worthless AT ALL. It would be rather unusual for the CV19 antibodies to not be protective as Mers/SARS and 4 other common cold Coronaviruses offer immunity for a couple years.
I also find it highly highly interesting that as antibody testing ramps up they are finding way way more mild/asymptomatic cases than previously thought. Every area that has started the antibody testing is showing finding more than they thought.

Caveat though is on the test and its accuracy. And that alone is reason enough to reject "immunity" papers!!! Good grief I cannot believe this is even being considered in any way, shape, or form at ALL! What a way to turn a whole section of a country into permanent second class citizens!!! What happens to your job if you aren't immune-especially at first? Is it held for you? are you allowed out of your dwelling? Are you forcibly barred from visiting family who may not have the same immune status? Are you only allowed to mingle with your own "immunity:" level? What about if the test is proven to have given a false result -lets say positive you are immune and then found to not be? Are you then charged with possible murder or pain and suffering if found you infected others? etc. I could write a 12 page dissertation on why this is MORALLY and ETHICALLY WRONG. And I do not care a WHIT what other authoritarian countries are doing (don't believe EU will go for it either)
Kind of like the old Leprosy colonies like the one in Hawaii or in old abandoned stone quarries where the lowered you down and you didnt come backup. :-/