• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stock Market - Who’s buying what?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
How I wish I bought Tesla in mid March! If Apple can get into the health market I think they have a really great opportunity to capitalize here. I hope their iwatch 6 is fully integrated with thermometer and oxygen saturation meter.

Of course Disney is still low, another great buy a few weeks ago at 85

what are you buying ?

disclaimer* this thread is not intended for anyone to get financial advice.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I have in the past few weeks purchased Disney, Sysco Corp., Verizon, Coca-Cola, and Abbvie. All five are up considerably from where I purchased them a few weeks ago, but I bought them with more of a long-term view as great companies on sale. The latter four are sold, strong free-cash-flow dividend payers and raisers. Disney was just a steal at $90, because five years from now people will be visiting their parks and watching their movies just like the past. I am looking for "dominators" with long histories of making it through recessions with good returns and growing dividends.

I am watching closely PSLV, a physical silver trust. I own some and may add more. Silver is lagging abnormally behind Gold, and with the massive influx of money by the government out of blue sky, I don't see how cash doesn't get devalued over the next few years, making gold and silver far more valuable. There are also some good silver miners.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I bought more WYND at 15 bux. Now have 20 k shares

3500 at 36.75
1500 at 24.50
1000 at 29.75
14000 at 15.00

Even though we have a travel issue at the moment, it won’t last forever. Also, WYND has 875 k locked in owners who are ripe to harvest added points and more fees.

I will buy more if it dips to 15 again.

If the dividend stays the same, I am looking at 10 k per quarter.

The rest is done by my FAs and I am not sure what they are doing but so far I am actually a bit ahead from the highs pre covid.

Current price is 23.16.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club

3500 at 36.75
1500 at 24.50
1000 at 29.75
14000 at 15.00

Even though we have a travel issue at the moment, it won’t last forever. Also, WYND has 875 k locked in owners who are ripe to harvest added points and more fees.

The rest is done by my FAs and I am not sure what they are doing but so far I am actually a bit ahead from the highs pre covid.

Current price is 23.16.

$15 is a great buy. Just look at the dollar cost averaging you attained, and the resulting increase in dividend yield on the investment. It is notable though that they have significantly cut their dividend in the past (2018, from 66 cents to 41 cents), so that risk is there.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

3500 at 36.75
1500 at 24.50
1000 at 29.75
14000 at 15.00

Current price is 23.16.

Nice job with being ahead from pre-COVID highs. We don't manage our funds and we are down 9.5% from end of 2019 and 11% down from pre-COVID highs.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Suggestion only now is the time to buy quality stocks. Prices are very low. This is not financial advice. OK
Buy low and sale high.

I agree.

I think my FA is loading up on Google, Apple and Microsoft. The creme of the creme. They think Tesla is too pricey but like it.

Due to WYND being the largest timeshare developer, I see that one as the creme in the vacation ownership space.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Nice job with being ahead from pre-COVID highs. We don't manage our funds and we are down 9.5% from end of 2019 and 11% down from pre-COVID highs.

They will return in time as long as they are the creme in their space. House clean if they are not.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I agree.

I think my FA is loading up on Google, Apple and Microsoft. The creme of the creme. They think Tesla is too pricey but like it.

Due to WYND being the largest timeshare developer, I see that one as the creme in the vacation ownership space.

All the top advisories are pointing at Microsoft, in particular, as a must-buy. They have loads of cash (as does Apple) and are expected to withstand any recession well.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
There is nothing to justify the market going up. Its all the Federal Reserve propping it up to increase the 10 year yield and definitely not the economy. The economy and the market are totally disconnected. That being said I like some of the picks on this thread, lol.

I thought Exxon was going to plunge as oil cratered but it didn't so I still like xom. That is it for me these days.

Bill

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
There is nothing to justify the market going up. Its all the Federal Reserve propping it up to increase the 10 year yield and definitely not the economy. The economy and the market are totally disconnected. That being said I like some of the picks on this thread, lol.

I thought Exxon was going to plunge as oil cratered but it didn't so I still like xom. That is it for me these days.

Bill
It is very risky to be buying for short term. But if you have a 5-10 year window, or more, there are good sale prices in some good companies right now. BTW, I have Chevron on my watch list. I thought the same thing you did about XOM (which I already own), but they went up. I feel like they'll have a dip at some point.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggestions only, you buy quality stock for long term investments IMO.
A major insurance company just purchased a million dollars in some quality stocks for long term investments.

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.
This is my current IRA. Maxed it out about 3 weeks ago. Currently up just over 20%. I’m starting to scale out when my positions are over 30% returns.
Lots of great buy opportunities at the moment.

Attachments

• 86159BC3-7CBD-4D7A-988B-34F8C512B4CD.jpeg
    86159BC3-7CBD-4D7A-988B-34F8C512B4CD.jpeg
    18.4 KB · Views: 67

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I was balanced, didn’t sell anything, just hung on.

I had a small cash balance, picked up 100 shares of MAIN Street Capital @$15, it closed today at $24.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
This is my current IRA. Maxed it out about 3 weeks ago. Currently up just over 20%. I’m starting to scale out when my positions are over 30% returns.
I looked at my overall portfolio. I'm down about 9% (not counting bonds since I'm not selling them anyway) this year. But I'm up 9.5% for the past 12 months. So it was a hit, but a hit down from big gains to good, slightly better than average gains.

However, soon (I think) we're going to move out of this crazy volatility and into a sustained recession period. So I've worked at adding a good number of recession-resistent and Aristocrat dividend stocks.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
All the top advisories are pointing at Microsoft, in particular, as a must-buy. They have loads of cash (as does Apple) and are expected to withstand any recession well.

I think that’s why my FA is loading up on google, apple and Microsoft. They love the boat loads of cash in this market. And it’s not borrowed cash either.

Last edited:

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I noticed that when the market was down, there were alot of tradings in our holdings.

Probably panic selling, shorts, short coverings etc. It’s ok, over the long haul you will be fine.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean

I like the Boeing purchase. Great buy at recent prices.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Rather than buying individual stocks I bought 2 mutual funds on the advice of my broker. MFS Growth ,up 16% and MFS Value up 15% in about 3 weeks. Major holdings of these funds include many of the stocks mentioned above.
Let’s hope the bounce continues.