• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Galleon Key West-early Dec.-RCI trade

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I just got a match for 2BR Galleon in Key West for early Dec. Looks fantastic.I had wanted Feb, but was told (which I agree) was a long shot.
I assume I should take this trade? Any Cons to Galleon, Key West, or early Dec?
thanks, Elaine

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I just got a match for 2BR Galleon in Key West for early Dec. Looks fantastic.I had wanted Feb, but was told (which I agree) was a long shot.
thanks, Elaine
None, you will enjoy. Great match. Hopefully there won’t be a spike in the virus as Key west didn’t allow visitors this time.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We have some old OGS with Hilton NYC points and frequently get Galleon in December. It looks like a nice resort, however our travel schedule has not enabled us to go. Keys are on our bucket list.

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Great catch, IMO. Looking forward...using my foggy crystal ball, Key West because it is dependent on tourism will reopen at the very soonest time. Crowds will be down, the industry will be struggling from the lack of people to re-hire, you will feel the need to tip a little extra and you will have a great time. We're in KW...hopefully...end Sept/first Oct. Flights booked. hoping for the best, which is opening cross boarder travel and airports to tourists by July.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great trade. We have been there in Dec and the crowds and humidity are down and the temps very pleasant. Nov and early Dec are our favorite times to go to the Keys.

And FYI - you will read a lot of bad reviews on the Galleon and they are mostly the studio building by the street. The main rooms are fine - not Hyatt or Hilton quality - and the location cannot be beat.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been there in December and really enjoyed it. Walking distance to many things and not too humid so you can walk without getting wiped out.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
thanks. I just changed OGS a few days ago to include Dec dates. yippee!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
thanks. I just changed OGS a few days ago to include Dec dates. yippee!
My guess many have decided not to travel this year thus more deposits to get.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess many have decided not to travel this year thus more deposits to get.
I tend to agree. We plan on avoiding out of country travel, big cities or crowded areas for the remainder of the year. Makes me sad because I will have to cancel a few great exchanges :(

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
We love Key West and December is one of our favorite times to be there. We've stayed at the Galleon - it's a nice resort in a great location. We currently have a few days booked at Hyatt Sunset Harbor for our anniversary week in December and are looking to extend it to the who week if availability pops up there.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
It's OK as long as you don't get a cold front. We froze our asses off one year, and nobody was even outside because of the cold and wind. I'm more curious how they will reopen Duval St and Mallory Square. Key West is about the tight crowds.

Last edited:

gresmi

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks, Elaine

Love the Galleon. Great location. Great weather in December. Walking distance to most popular spots. Probably my favorite TS resort in Key West. Winning..