• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What would you add to list of essential/approved...

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Name up to three services/activities that you would want added to the approved list.

For me,
1. Swimming pool areas in multi-family residences.
2. Restaurants now open to allow outdoor seating.
3. Mail and beauty salons to operate by appointment only with a limit to number of patrons at one time.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Name up to three services/activities that you would want added to the approved list.

For me,
1. Swimming pool areas in multi-family residences.
2. Restaurants now open to allow outdoor seating.
3. Mail and beauty salons to operate by appointment only with a limit to number of patrons at one time.
NO
NO
NO

Now this is MY opinion.

1.Swimming pools can be a breeding ground for disease.

2. Even outside service brings people into contact with each other.

3. Nail and hair requires too close of contact.

Reactions: DrQ

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
There is nothing I would add to the essentials list. I think the essentials list is too broad already. I would actually make the list more restrictive to just food, medicine and very specific essentials related to health and safety. Now, if we are talking about opening up the shut downs, I would have a completely different answer as to what should open up and how soon it should open up. But you asked about the essentials list.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I am ok with our states essentials as they stand. But I, like everyone else, just want a life back before I get to old to have one.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
NO
NO
NO

Now this is MY opinion.

1.Swimming pools can be a breeding ground for disease.

2. Even outside service brings people into contact with each other.

3. Nail and hair requires too close of contact.
I think you misunderstood my question. I didn't ask your opinion of my three. If I understand your position, your reply would be:
1. Nothing
2. At
3. All

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I phrased my question incorrectly. I didn't intend this to be tomorrow. What I was trying to ask was something like...
When the time comes to loosen (roll-back) the SIP, what things could be re-introduced first. Somehow I can't imagine that a whistle blows and everything is open again.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I guess I phrased my question incorrectly. I didn't intend this to be tomorrow. What I was trying to ask was something like...
When the time comes to loosen (roll-back) the SIP, what things could be re-introduced first. Somehow I can't imagine that a whistle blows and everything is open again.
Yes, your question was unclear.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I think you misunderstood my question. I didn't ask your opinion of my three. If I understand your position, your reply would be:
1. Nothing
2. At
3. All
My reply was none of those should be considered essential at this time.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as a vaccine is not widely available, when SIP is removed, I expect everyone will be asked to wear a mask and they will be allowed to go to work in most industries and to school, but social distancing will need to remain for as much as possible. For personal services like salons, it is still going to be high risk for spreading of COVID-19 and probably one of the last to be reopened. Swimming pools are also going to be problematic with people congregating in and around the pool. I can see outdoor restaurants as being viable as long as they are outdoors and tables separated at least 6 ft apart and only people in the same party are allowed at the same table.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Well done! I knew that when #3 (in post 1)
started as a MAIL salon this post was doomed. Too much stupid.

Brett

Reaction score

The states control when the "whistle blows" --- everyone views it differently

For me I hope they let the restaurants partially reopen, and the beaches.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
To me most all of our past way of life is essential.

I think since the northern states are warming up now, they should soon open up restaurants at least for outside seating. I think it would be great if movie drive ins would come back. I also think all stores and businesses, farmers markets and churches and other religious places should open up-in a smart way- social distancing and all that for now- and for outdoor religious services like those people who tried to have it in their cars and were stopped. (SMH).

I think parks and beaches and other open spaces should be open as well. And I think the elementary and grade schools should open back up. Keep the high schools and colleges closed right now. That is what they are doing in Sweden.

And for dear sake, open up the doctors and dentist offices and other medical facilities so people without COVID19 can get care- prventative and otherwise!

There has to be a smart plan in place to open up the economy again while also keeping people safe as best can be without destroying their lives in other ways.

I know I am dreaming....it could be the end of the world.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I need my hair colored but you know what, in comparison to my life, who cares! I really don't. I don't want to see change at this time. I probably won't change anything when they do loosen up. I'll take a wait and see attitude.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I need my hair colored but you know what, in comparison to my life, who cares! I really don't. I don't want to see change at this time. I probably won't change anything when they do loosen up. I'll take a wait and see attitude.
Heard on the news last night the latest items to be flying off the shelves in stores are hair dye and hair clippers.

geekette

Reaction score
And for dear sake, open up the doctors and dentist offices and other medical facilities so people without COVID19 can get care- prventative and otherwise!
These are not closed by govt request. Any med facilities closed are by their own choice. There remain plenty of places to be seen for non-essential services here.

I don't want to see change at this time. I probably won't change anything when they do loosen up. I'll take a wait and see attitude.
Yes. I will not be rushing out to schedule dinners with friends I haven't seen in a while. Will not be running over to the strip mall to buy stuff I don't need. I don't have money to spare and not a big shopper anyhow.

I will stay hunkered until it seems wise for me to emerge from hibernation.

My home requires repairs that I cannot do myself, so those would be first on my list. keeping the shanty standing is key for me. Everything else can wait.

geekette

Reaction score
Heard on the news last night the latest items to be flying off the shelves in stores are hair dye and hair clippers.
I heard that, too. I have had hair cutting scissors for years, have long cut my own. Not a hair colorer nor a mani/pedi person so I don't care about those. I'd want acupuncturist and gym back long before those.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How can one really know if he or she has COVID-19? Preventative care is non-urgent and hence non-essential. If one has a medical concern which should be seen to now, medical offices are open for that. By keeping services to only those who need to be seen now keeps the COVID-19 spread down.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
How can one really know if he or she has COVID-19? Preventative care is non-urgent and hence non-essential. If one has a medical concern which should be seen to now, medical offices are open for that. By keeping services to only those who need to be seen now keeps the COVID-19 spread down.

So preventative care is non essential but gardening is essential. What is the world coming to? ;)

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Dh is going into our optician's office tomorrow. One of the pads on his glasses fell off and he couldn't find it. The office is not open for business, unless it's an emergency.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dh is going into our optician's office tomorrow. One of the pads on his glasses fell off and he couldn't find it. The office is not open for business, unless it's an emergency.

Is eye sight still considered essential? :D

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Is eye sight still considered essential? :D
As I said, they are open for emergencies. I just recently got a post card from them to schedule my next exam. I'm going to call and schedule one for a month or so out, then if I have to cancel I will.

I think dental offices are doing the same thing. Emergencies only, in fact I think by order of our state dental offices are to be closed except for emergencies.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So preventative care is non essential but gardening is essential. What is the world coming to? ;)
I am not saying gardening is essential. The stores get away with it because part of the store sells essential items. You can keep 6 ft away from folks when buying gardening supplies and they are mainly outdoors. You cannot stay 6 ft away from a doctor or a nurse and what it's more, it is indoors.