• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Share Backyard and Spring Gardens Plans and pictures

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
One thing I read often is how many of us are planning on and working on our gardens and outdoor space. Thinking this is a happy topic for most.

Being I am in a new home I wasn’t planning on working on it until next year. I thoughts my basement would be first. Now I am thinking I don’t need to be inside more then necessary and the outdoor upgrades are more enticing.

So we just started. My other half took apart the ugliest, poor positioned fireplace in our back yard.

I am sure some of you already have some pretty plants that bloomed, a beautiful backyard, a patio setup, a vegetable garden, etc. that you can share pictures of that can inspire many of us.

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
This is our backyard project. Ugh. Waiting patiently for weather to cooperate, and replacement to go in. Hard to complain; we had the original pool for 25 years. Contemplated demolishing and filling in, since it is only two of us now, but the grown kids and new grandkids are now coming back to enjoy it.....makes it all worth while.
94FA2F28-3F3C-439F-AAE6-6EF742A25170.jpeg

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We are surrounded by mud right now. Even after the builder takes care of it I only plan to get one pot of flowers- annuals-in late June- and put it by our front porch step by the garage. Was going to get two, but not bothering as our car will be parked and bloc the view of it from the road.

The builder put a few little bushes in front of our porch last Fall and two of them need full sun and we don't get any sun there until late in the day, so it remains to be seen if they will survive.

Last edited:

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have five large beds we just got ready for plantings-needed some mulch/compost/dirt to top off. Now to order the seeds and plants!
We worked on front plantings the past few years-those need to be cleaned up, some annuals in. Cleaning up the front beds involves pulling out all the black Walnut seedlings and trying to find another place for them-and cleaning the shells from the squirrels who snack on them. Then I need to get my deck plants. My covered deck is my oasis-lights strung, fan, TV and on cool nights-gas powered fire pit.
Oh I needed this-thinking/planning/tending my outdoor space is my therapy!

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
We're expecting a snow storm tomorrow, so a little too early to plant the garden yet. However, I did get out and till the garden earlier this week. The next morning it was covered with rabbit tracks. It looks like I will be having a battle with those little buggers in a few weeks! :D

Kurt

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
When my dd moved cross country last year I inherited 2 planter boxes. Left the herbs that survived the winter in the back and planted 4 kinds of lettuce and spinach in the front. The plan is to harvest young while they continually produce new leaves.

I planted arugula and more spinach in a second pot plus a fancy pepper in the middle.

My DH started heirloom tomato seeds over the winter in the sun porch so now we have 2 big plants in pots with tomatoes already ripening. I thought he was crazy (especially the hand pollinating he did) but am enjoying them now.

Finally, same dd left me her potted fig tree. It’s leafing out and has at least one baby fig already. Last summer we ate dozens of them.

The only consistently sunny part of the yard is on our deck so that’s where everything is. Helps for keeping the deer from munching too.

Usually we are traveling all spring into summer so staying home and planting seeds has been kind of fun. I go outside each morning to water and admire the babies that are growing.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
View attachment 18947
We were originally going to take it easy on veggie production this summer, but ended up ramping up our garden plans in mid-March just in case.
I am attempting growing some veggies. Your view is impressive.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
My neighbor decorates for each seasonView attachment 18965
OMG too cute!!
My DH started heirloom tomato seeds over the winter in the sun porch so now we have 2 big plants in pots with tomatoes already ripening. I thought he was crazy (especially the hand pollinating he did) but am enjoying them now.
I am jealous of your sun porch. My deck is covered with a canopy-gets good sun all year hence the canopy makes it pleasant in summer. I've been tempted to see if I could turn it into a greenhouse of sorts in the winter if I took cover off and somehow wrap in heavy plastic...I've thought about cold frames for my garden beds - or at least a couple of them-so I could get fresh veggies longer in winter. My hens do enjoy using the beds in winter for their "spa" days though.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is our backyard project. Ugh. Waiting patiently for weather to cooperate, and replacement to go in. Hard to complain; we had the original pool for 25 years. Contemplated demolishing and filling in, since it is only two of us now, but the grown kids and new grandkids are now coming back to enjoy it.....makes it all worth while.View attachment 18925
This is SOME project!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are still about 7 weeks from most planting, but we will be ready! It is a mix of a flowers, herbs, raspberries, grapes and veggies. I do have peas planted already though. You can't see the area from my yard. I need to walk down a long path to this open area. I love that the area literally takes me away from the house and that I don't need to keep it "pretty" because nobody will really see it. It is my go-to place in the summer.
A7B93188-8E93-4BE6-9714-CBC5CA92BFFD.jpeg
B627AB32-6A63-40B2-81EE-9922BD81D2CB.jpeg
9CA1E374-FBCC-4282-AA6A-338B0C03E1C7.jpeg

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yard #1 3-28.jpg

Yard #2 3-28.jpg

This "murder's row" consists of Sir Thomas Lipton (rugosa 1901), Rosarie De Parfum De Hay (rugosa 1901), Mrs Anthony Waterer (Rugosa 1898), Ruby Ice (Florabunda 2011), Lafter (Shrub 1947), Evertt's Double Fragrance (Shrub 1964), and Neil Diamond (Hybrid Tea 2011)

Last edited:

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
We're expecting a snow storm tomorrow, so a little too early to plant the garden yet. However, I did get out and till the garden earlier this week. The next morning it was covered with rabbit tracks. It looks like I will be having a battle with those little buggers in a few weeks! :D

Kurt

And we've already harvested tomatoes from our bush! :)

Chrispee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am attempting growing some veggies. Your view is impressive.

Good luck with your veggie growing Panina! I think at least 30% of ours just doesn’t grow or goes to the wildlife.

Vancouver is beautiful in the spring, but my favourite views are in the winter!

DA54965E-A57A-4931-89CC-40068D618E60.jpeg

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good luck with your veggie growing Panina! I think at least 30% of ours just doesn’t grow or goes to the wildlife.

Vancouver is beautiful in the spring, but my favourite views are in the winter!

View attachment 19001
I think I have too much wildlife to succeed but will try.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I have too much wildlife to succeed but will try.
Before we built raised beds- I went out one morning to find several of my heirloom cantaloupes had what looked like bites taken out of them. Getting more aggravated by the second I pushed leaves and vines aside to check all of them-and came face to face with the critter happily helping himself to breakfast-a turtle! Why he could just eat ONE instead of sampling several?? Kids thought it was hilarious though! I do have a garden snake I've got to watch out for-I have a huge sage bush and he likes to curl up under it.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Before we built raised beds- I went out one morning to find several of my heirloom cantaloupes had what looked like bites taken out of them. Getting more aggravated by the second I pushed leaves and vines aside to check all of them-and came face to face with the critter happily helping himself to breakfast-a turtle! Why he could just eat ONE instead of sampling several?? K
Maybe so you won't harvest any of them so that the turtle can have all the fruits for the rest of the season?