• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonvoy Status Extended until Feb 2022

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
For Our Marriott Bonvoy Members​
I also want to take a moment to address our Marriott Bonvoy members. Like many of you, frequent travel is a way of life for me and most of the Marriott team. It is the way we connect, get inspired and evolve our business every day. While it is the right thing to do, it’s been hard not to be able to travel. We know that when you get back in the air and on the road, your points and status will be important to you.
Status Extension: We want you to be able to enjoy the status that you earned in 2019. With that in mind, the status you earned in 2019 will be extended to February 2022.
Points Expiration: To provide you ample time to redeem points, the expiration of points will be paused until February 2021. At that time, your points will only expire if your account has been inactive for at least 24 months.

Just received an e-mail from Marriott and it looks like our status (Gold, Platinum, etc) will be extend untill February 2022. That is good news for us non-lifetime elite members. Also point expiration extended to Feb 2021.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I'm wondering if the "free" year will count towards lifetime status? We're trying to get my wife to Lifetime Platinum, and she is at 8 years now (need 10). So, I'm wondering since the Feb 2021-Feb 2022 year is essentially "gifted" rather than earned, will it count as year 9, or will she be still stuck at 8 until she can actually earn another year?

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this also includes my free night which I wanted to extend three days from the deadline.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
I'm wondering if the "free" year will count towards lifetime status? We're trying to get my wife to Lifetime Platinum, and she is at 8 years now (need 10). So, I'm wondering since the Feb 2021-Feb 2022 year is essentially "gifted" rather than earned, will it count as year 9, or will she be still stuck at 8 until she can actually earn another year?

According to a blogger who calls himself Lucky (and he is usually a reliable source):

Marriott Bonvoy will be extending status earned in 2019 by 12 months. Rather than your current status expiring in February 2021, it will now instead expire in February 2022. This applies at all elite levels — Silver, Gold, Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador. The extended year of status will count towards lifetime status in the Bonvoy program.

Here are the other changes (and I'm again quoting the above link):

Marriott Bonvoy extending suite night awards
Marriott elite members can select Choice Benefits when they pass 50 elite nights and 75 elite nights in a calendar year. The most popular Choice Benefits are Suite Night Awards (SNAs), and those usually expire at the end of the year.

Marriott will be extending all SNAs with expirations of December 31, 2020, by 12 months. That means you’ll have until the end of 2021 to use existing SNAs.

Marriott Bonvoy extending free night awards
Marriott Bonvoy members with any active free night awards (whether part of a credit card benefit, annual Choice Benefit, promotion, or Travel Package), expiring in 2020, will have the expiration of those extended to January 31, 2021.

So while it’s not a full 12 month extension, it’s not an insignificant extension for many members either.

Marriott Bonvoy pausing points expiration
Marriott Bonvoy is pausing the expiration of points until February 2021. At that point, points will only expire if your account has been inactive for at least 24 months.

Last edited:

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
According to a blogger who calls himself Lucky (and he is usually a reliable source):

Marriott Bonvoy will be extending status earned in 2019 by 12 months. Rather than your current status expiring in February 2021, it will now instead expire in February 2022. This applies at all elite levels — Silver, Gold, Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador. The extended year of status will count towards lifetime status in the Bonvoy program.

Thanks. I hope he is correct.