• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG Virtual Meetup Livestream - Today @ 4PM ET

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I know not everyone in the Marriott forum gets over to the TUG Lounge, so I thought I would pass this along here too. While in self isolation during these difficult times, come visit with your TUG friends during this virtual meetup. Some of our very own Marriott forum regulars will be in the first ever TUG Virtual Meetup Livestream. Including; @GregT , @Steve Fatula, @rickandcindy23, @Sandy VDH, @dioxide45 and @TUGBrian. Hope to see you there.

TUG Virtual Meet Up Livestream Event - Sunday April 5th - 4:00pm Eastern Time

Here is a link to access it directly on YouTube.
https://bit.ly/2V69V9K
You can even go to the video page now and set a reminder.

I don't suggest watching it directly through the player in this TUG thread, instead hover over and click on the title to go directly to YouTube or use the bit.ly link above.
There you will be able to view and participate in live chat and talk with us and anyone else that joins in.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Awesome job, Jeremy and panelists!!!!!! Just watched it on YouTube today.
What an all-star group for the "Premiere Performance".

Jeremy, your daily TUG contributions are so invaluable and irreplaceable to all of us.
Thank you so much for getting this up and going. I have a strong feeling this will now become a new institution for TUG.

Sandy VDH you're amazing. Tons and tons of great info, and btw I think you stole the show.
Be honest, have you ever hosted a radio talk show???? You could.
And I think the world will soon know about Tradewinds, huh?

Greg, superb job----and great insight as always, from one of TUG's most knowledgeable and helpful members. And such a nice guy.
Steve Fatula---you're such an interesting guy, and your diversity of "off-the-beaten-path" destinations adds so much
to the TUG conversation daily, and now also to this video session. You are one of TUG's most prolific posters,
and each post is right on. I hope to hear much more from you on these panels.

And who could do without TUGBrian??? Brian, you're so in tune with everything, and you have a world of knowledge,
not only about all that the TUG Universe addresses daily, but also about all the behind-the-scene stuff that we are not privy to.
Special kudos to you. After all, without you, none of us would have a life, LOL.

Cindy (rickandcindy23), you're a sweetheart, and I certainly enjoyed hearing your contribution regarding your experiences
with your smaller independent timeshares going back to 1980....Wow. You are probably the longest timeshare owner on TUG.
Enjoy your posts on TUG too, and that goes for everyone serving on the TUG live stream video panel. Can't wait for the next one.
But, hey, next time Cindy, please take out your shotgun and let that neighbor see it when you open your door ...
maybe then he'll put up his chain saw, LOL. So funny!!!

Again, many thanks everyone....hope this is a new era for us, and something MORE to look forward to.
Jeremy, let us know when the next Live Stream is.....

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
I watched it Sunday night and thought it was fine for an initial meeting. It is nice to put faces with names.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Sandy VDH you're amazing. Tons and tons of great info, and btw I think you stole the show.
Be honest, have you ever hosted a radio talk show???? You could.
And I think the world will soon know about Tradewinds, huh?

Thanks

No I am not a radio host, but I facilitate all the time in my day job. I joking posted to Jeremy when we were done that my facilitator mode just sort of took over.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks Marty. Glad you enjoyed the show. It was fun putting it together. I certainly plan to try to set up another one, or perhaps several future shows. Need to start finding more volunteers.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks

No I am not a radio host, but I facilitate all the time in my day job. I joking posted to Jeremy when we were done that my facilitator mode just sort of took over.
It was great to have you on the show Sandy and you did help kept things moving along. Thanks again for joining in.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steve Fatula---you're such an interesting guy, and your diversity of "off-the-beaten-path" destinations adds so much
to the TUG conversation daily, and now also to this video session. You are one of TUG's most prolific posters,
and each post is right on. I hope to hear much more from you on these panels.

You are too kind. About halfway in, I could not hear dioxide any more so mostly just sat there as I had not much idea what was going on. Yeah, that does describe us though, go everywhere! I thought the panel was really good, I didn't know most of them but they had a lot of experience!

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
You are too kind. About halfway in, I could not hear dioxide any more so mostly just sat there as I had not much idea what was going on. Yeah, that does describe us though, go everywhere! I thought the panel was really good, I didn't know most of them as they had a lot of experience!

Hey Steve, rest assured Jeremy will work the kinks out.
That's a tough undertaking, anything technical like that can be, but he will do it.
(BTW, you did awesome given you could only hear the first half!!! I'm shocked--- you still appeared connected and unaffected.)

Please don't dare diminish your own experience.....I personally think your journeys are amazing and somewhat unique
as far as the typical TUG members' trips go......Fiji, Australia, Thailand to name just a few...Wow.
We've traveled extensively, but yours have been certainly more global and adventurous than mine. And I love hearing about them.
I believe we all occasionally tend to live vicariously through others here, unwittingly. That's why it's addicting.

And you can put that word "adventurous" on steroids as it pertains to you, as your trips to me are particularly dauntless.
You've had a few sedate stays in Branson and Desert Springs, sure, but I can easily imagine someday seeing
that you've been spotted somewhere in the middle of the Amazon Forest or on top of a Himalayan mountain.
I'd wager it's a 50-50 chance that you owned the first "No Fear" tee shirt.

As for your comment that you didn't know most of them (panelists)......heck, I think if we have a few more
of those Live Stream sessions we'll all know more about everybody. And isn't that the point?
Hearing viewpoints from different angles on the same question or issue will be quite enjoyable and helpful.
So, I sincerely hope you'll be back on there more than once.
TUG is replete with substance and wisdom regarding this favorite pastime we all enjoy, and this new endeavor
will do nothing short of bringing that to the fore in a new way, to everyone's benefit.

Last edited:

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
I missed the announcement as we were FaceTiming my mother. How can I catch the Forum? Thank you.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Be sure to keep an eye on the TUG Lounge for updates regarding future streams. I am most likely to post about live streams there. Also, if you subscribe to my YouTube channel and set the bell icon to receive all alerts, you will be notified by YouTube 30 minutes before any future streams and also when they start. (be sure your device alert settings are on for YouTube)

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I missed the announcement as we were FaceTiming my mother. How can I catch the Forum? Thank you.

See this link to the Live Stream session on YouTube:
(Use the FULL SCREEN and enjoy!)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

The forums always embed the video instead of showing just the link. To view the full screen stream along with chat replay, hover your mouse over the video in @jme post and click on the title up at the top beside my photo. It will then open a new tab to the video page on YouTube. The problem with posting the links in Xenforo here is that it always embeds the video directly in to the post and you can't see the full size video and chat replay.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Steve, rest assured Jeremy will work the kinks out.
That's a tough undertaking, anything technical like that can be, but he will do it.
(BTW, you did awesome given you could only hear the first half!!! I'm shocked--- you still appeared connected and unaffected.)

Please don't dare diminish your own experience.....I personally think your journeys are amazing and somewhat unique
as far as the typical TUG members' trips go......Fiji, Australia, Thailand to name just a few...Wow.
We've traveled extensively, but yours have been certainly more global and adventurous than mine. And I love hearing about them.
I believe we all occasionally tend to live vicariously through others here, unwittingly. That's why it's addicting.

And you can put that word "adventurous" on steroids as it pertains to you, as your trips to me are particularly dauntless.
You've had a few sedate stays in Branson and Desert Springs, sure, but I can easily imagine someday seeing
that you've been spotted somewhere in the middle of the Amazon Forest or on top of a Himalayan mountain.
I'd wager it's a 50-50 chance that you owned the first "No Fear" tee shirt.

As for your comment that you didn't know most of them (panelists)......heck, I think if we have a few more
of those Live Stream sessions we'll all know more about everybody. And isn't that the point?
Hearing viewpoints from different angles on the same question or issue will be quite enjoyable and helpful.
So, I sincerely hope you'll be back on there more than once.
TUG is replete with substance and wisdom regarding this favorite pastime we all enjoy, and this new endeavor
will do nothing short of bringing that to the fore in a new way, to everyone's benefit.

It\s more likely not Jeremy and kinks. 6 people at once kind of tax my rural internet. When we had 2, it was perfect. Then he added #3, #4, #5 and I could tell the difference. Then #6. I should have had my network monitor running so I could see if it was my problem or maybe the service. Oh well.

Yeah, we were going to go into rural Kenya in December, we'll see. I have a friend there and it would be great to be out in the middle of nowhere Kenya, perhaps not even in a hotel. Speaking of Amazon forest, one of my favorite trips was to Iguazu Falls (border of Paraguay, Brasil, and, Argentina), just a fantastic place to go see. Makes Niagra look like a small water faucet. While no MVCI there, we used what is now Bonvoy points to stay at the only hotel on property, Marriott!

I loved seeing the other panelists actually, they have definitely been around the timeshare market and it's interesting hearing about the other systems, even if I have no interest personally (as far as buying). I remain impressed with the sum total of all the experience. And I was impressed with Jeremy as well, he did a good job.

As far as "no fear", what I fear is little creepy things. Give me a hungry lion over a cockroach. :D

I don't know if it would be better to have the same people, or, mix it up. For me, I can only contribute to Marriott questions for the most part, or off topic stuff, or tricks and cheapskate tricks. There wasn't much of that! Of course, there isn't much traveling now either.

Again, thank you for the kind words. I've met only 4 Tuggers in person, once travel gets going again some day, hope to meet a lot more. 2 of the 4 I have met were watching live and asked questions!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I put up a poll for the next livestream topic in the TUG Lounge. Be sure to vote.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I joined in the livestream and found it both interesting and informative.
I thought it was a great initiative.
Thanks once again to all of you who put in the effort to set up and run this.
PS the timing was good too for me being in the UK, 21:00 hours local time.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Viewed online today. Well done. Wifey thought I was on another conference call :cool:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I joined in the livestream and found it both interesting and informative.
I thought it was a great initiative.
Thanks once again to all of you who put in the effort to set up and run this.
PS the timing was good too for me being in the UK, 21:00 hours local time.
Glad the time worked out. I tried to pick a time that wouldn't be in the middle of the night for those watching from across the pond.

Reactions: jme

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well done ! I look forward to the next one. If I catch it live, I may have a discussion topic to suggest. I have 25 years in the Marriott / Interval systems.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Well done ! I look forward to the next one. If I catch it live, I may have a discussion topic to suggest. I have 25 years in the Marriott / Interval systems.
It sounds like you would be a good panel member for a discussion about Marriott :):banana:

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Great job Jeremy! This is a terrific idea. Lots of good info from the experts. Most importantly, I learned the meaning of Dioxide. I too thought you were a chemist. :D Can't wait for the next one.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Most importantly, I learned the meaning of Dioxide. I too thought you were a chemist.

And I thought it meant he could be found everywhere.......;)..........you know, he does get around.

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you would be a good panel member for a discussion about Marriott :):banana:
I would enjoy that. I am one of those Owners that is often told by a salesperson that I should either be selling the program or should be on the in room video of satisfied Marriott Owners. I know we have a bunch like me that read TUG.

Reactions: jme

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would enjoy that. I am one of those Owners that is often told by a salesperson that I should either be selling the program or should be on the in room video of satisfied Marriott Owners. I know we have a bunch like me that read TUG.

You are right indeed, heard that one before!

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
Just saw the post of the live stream. As others have commented, it's nice to put faces to names. The only person on the panel that I've met before is Sandy on a tug cruise. Still can't believe the Kathy Q is no longer with us. Looking forward to the next event. Hopefully I'll be around when it's live streaming.