• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No Club fee for new reservations

toontoy

Reaction score
So I just received an e-mail and thought I would share. They are waiving club booking fee's

April 6, 2020

Dear Club Members,

I hope this letter finds you and your loved ones in good health. As we each face challenges relating to COVID-19, I want to reassure you that we are assessing every day how we can best support you during these uncertain times. We are diligently working on adjusting the Club program, and we continue to modify our policies to provide enhanced vacation flexibility.

In my last email, I introduced revisions to our Bonus Points and Saved Points programs. We also extended our penalty-free cancellation policy for confirmed reservations through May 31, 2020. We hope that with each of these steps, you feel encouraged about your future travel options with Hilton Grand Vacations. With today’s news, I hope to expand on that sentiment.

Plan Forward
Through your Club membership, you’ve invested in a lifetime of travel. You are part of a group that thrives on accessing all the world has to offer. Now, as we all support the effort to flatten the curve by staying home, we wanted to provide you with some hope, a little light to look forward to at the end of this long tunnel.

Starting now through May 31, 2020, Club Members can book a 2020 or 2021 reservation online at any HGV property and pay no transaction fees. You already know that reservations at all HGV properties are changeable, offering you the flexibility to reschedule with ease. We now want to implement the added bonus to dream and book your next vacation now. Our wish is that you’ll use this opportunity to dream about all the places you want to go and start planning how you’ll reclaim your travel freedom. To take advantage of this offer, you must book your stay via the Club website or HGV mobile app only.

Dream Big
I hope that when booking, you’ll dream big and take advantage of the available inventory in locations that are historically hard to find. As I draft this letter, we have accommodations on The Big Island of Hawaii available December 19-26, and Fourth of July weekend is still open in Washington D.C. Additional, available inventory includes Thanksgiving week in Orlando, as well as New Year’s in Las Vegas.

As you consider your options, you’ll want to pick a travel distance that feels most comfortable to you. With gas prices so low, a road trip might be your preferred option. Or, today’s reduced airfares might broaden your horizons. I admit it’s hard to sell the advantages of travel when so many of us currently feel safest at home. But things will eventually change, and I want you to consider all your travel possibilities when these changes finally come.

Return Home
While we have temporarily suspended operations at most locations, our commitment to you remains the same. We are focused on keeping all locations ready for your arrival, implementing additional steps to ensure a safe environment once you return, including sanitizing and deep-cleaning. And, when this period of self-isolation is over, I encourage you to return to the places you love. Our Team Members will be eagerly waiting for your arrival, and even depend on your return.

During times like this, it can be hard to focus on the future. But I encourage each of you to imagine your future travels and rest assured that when you’re ready to return to an HGV resort, we’ll be ready for you.

Sincerely,
5F74889296B10DD860871576CF8FF823.jpg

Stan Soroka
Chief Customer Officer
Hilton Grand Vacations

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Clearly trying to motivate people to book.. The fee was not holding me back, but certainly always happy to see HGV adapt to the changing environment.

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
It would be interesting to see the effect of no reservation fee on inventory. I own Worldmark points and they have no reservation fees plus seamless borrowing and saving. People make lots of speculative bookings and availability is much worse than HGVC. My guess is high season availability for HGVC is going to get really bad for 2021.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I feel cheated. I paid an extra $129 with my W. 57th dues for the No Reservation Fee option, now y'all are getting it for free :)

Cheers.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
But there's no where to go.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
If you’re going somewhere next year, you can make your placeholder reservation now and change it later ;)

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I have a November reservation we hope to keep, would be nice to get a credit back. I’ll probably make a 2021 res as a free placeholder as suggested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I just did. Made a 3 night reservation from Jan 4-7 (the 7th is 276 days out).

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just did. Made a 3 night reservation from Jan 4-7 (the 7th is 276 days out).

Lol, I booked 2, WTH free cancellations.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@brp no need to feel cheated. It's only good until May 31 so only takes bookings to 9 months later to Feb 2021. Heavy travel demand will start in mid to late 2021 as this pandemic subsides and you will continue to have free speculative bookings for that. :)

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@brp no need to feel cheated. It's only good until May 31 so only takes bookings to 9 months later to Feb 2021. Heavy travel demand will start in mid to late 2021 as this pandemic subsides and you will continue to have free speculative bookings for that. :)

Ah but reservations are changeable, so we can move out our free ones to any date in 2021.

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
Ah but reservations are changeable, so we can move out our free ones to any date in 2021.

That's a fantastic idea. I plan to make 3 total reservations for 2021 so I will put placeholder reservations for Jan and Feb and move them out if I don't plan to use them!

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Now I just need to find dates in San Diego that doesn’t eat all our points.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's a fantastic idea. I plan to make 3 total reservations for 2021 so I will put placeholder reservations for Jan and Feb and move them out if I don't plan to use them!

That’s what we did. Just as a way to get a free reservation.

DK3

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is so much better than Hyatt. Hyatt is offering a no cancellation fee policy but not refunding fees for making reservations or for guest certificates. To make a new reservation, a new fee has to be paid and will be lost again if that reservation needs to be cancelled.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Now I just need to find dates in San Diego that doesn’t eat all our points.
If you’re talking about a placeholder reservation for 2021, it can be any resort that supports the changeable reservation option. You’ll just need to change it later to your desired resort and travel dates.

Here’s what I reserved earlier when I read the announcement. It doesn’t eat up my points ;).

03D7D536-0033-4EF9-B9EA-871B0AC9F036.png

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
So given the recent email I tried booking late in 2021 and couldn't. Only 12 month out so to April was allowed. I misinterpreted the email thinking you could book throughout 2021 as if they were extending the booking window as well. Just FYI for fools like me.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I have a November reservation we hope to keep, would be nice to get a credit back. I’ll probably make a 2021 res as a free placeholder as suggested.

You make a good point. Perhaps I should call guest services and ask if bHC owners who paid for free reservations will get a refund on the $120 fee.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So given the recent email I tried booking late in 2021 and couldn't. Only 12 month out so to April was allowed. I misinterpreted the email thinking you could book throughout 2021 as if they were extending the booking window as well. Just FYI for fools like me.

Just make a 3 day booking in January (a checkout day January 8th is at the 276 day mark for today) and move it later.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
I doubt anyone will be getting cash back. Since the Home Booking is "free" - but may not be possible based on closures, it makes sense to not charge people for what was a single reservation if their resort is not open. For probably the majority of users, they will make a single, 1 week, reservation. Obviously there are people with multiple properties who never once have used their home week and this is a bit of a windfall, but overall, I think the loss of a bit of a perk for bHC owners is made up for by the fact that HGVC seems to have the best interest of the majority of it's owners as a priority

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
For probably the majority of users, they will make a single, 1 week, reservation.

Given the point flexibility of HGVC, I would not expect this to be the case. Then again, anyone here is not the normal owner :)

Cheers.

mogulman

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I apologize in advance if this is a 'stupid question'....
Background: If I wish to take advantage of free reservations outside of my home week, I have until May 31. I've read from the above posts, a strategy is to make 'placeholder' reservations now and then move or cancel them at a later date (presumably when I would really like to travel, which is beyond my current 9 month cub reservation window).
Question: If I am planning three trips beyond the present nine month window, should I make three placeholder reservations all within the present 9 month window? (Actual length of the stays doesn't really matter, as long as I'm below my total available points.) When my travel plans come into more focus in the future months (and before the placeholders), I could always cancel one (or more) of the three place holders and combine them into one or two separate vacations... It seems after May 31, you could always "cancel" the placeholders and move these stays into available dates into 'real confirmations' after May 31, without any fees. However, if you don't do anything a club reservation will cost you $$ in reservation costs after May 31.

I'm thinking this is the case, but wanted to confirm. Thanks in advance for your responses.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

toontoy

Reaction score
Sadly it looks like they took the florida affiliates out of the online booking with this promotion . You could still do the work around but they now are showing call in for booking. :(