• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Chris Cuomo has Covid-19 and is still On Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Chris Cuomo was just diagnosed with Covid-19 and he is still working and broadcasting his show on air nightly from his basement. He looks the same as before (to me), same energy level and does not appear to be sick. I find it interesting that he is working in a public position on cable news with coronavirus. What do people think about someone working with coronavirus if they are working from home and not able to infect anyone else? What do you think of someone so public like Chris Cuomo broadcasting his show on air with Covid-19?

To me, watching him on air makes the virus not seem like a big deal. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Interested in opinions.

Please do not make this into a political statement. No comments on whether you like CNN or not. Thank you.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
You can look at it two ways, anyone can get it and I can get it too, so I need to follow guidelines but unfortunately too many will probably see it as it isn’t as bad as they say.

Seeing him and when he recovers will make people feel better about being able to recover.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
I disagree with your comment that he does not appear sick. - to me his face looks wan and has loss of color. He also mentioned he has some chest tightness. I hope he doesn't get worse and recovers quickly. I'm glad he is still broadcasting - if even from his home basement - I think it adds a more realistic dimension to Covid-19.

Be well Chris.

Richard

geekette

Reaction score
Since we already knew that some cases are mild, I'm good with it. So long as he feels good, why not work?

Too many of us feel fine and can't work!

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
You can look at it two ways, anyone can get it and I can get it too, so I need to follow guidelines but unfortunately too many will probably see it as it isn’t as bad as they say.

Seeing him and when he recovers will make people feel better about being able to recover.

I agree that it gives people hope that you can recover from Covid-19 and that if you get it, it might not be so bad. If he is able to work, then I assume he is not that sick. I hope he gets better and does not get worse.

I was just wondering if anyone might see it as a bad thing to keep working on air if you have Covid-19. It might minimize the severity of Covid-19.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am not a CNN person. But I assume he isn't minimizing the virus or the effect on different members of the population. If he were on air on a network known for downplaying it and saying that the whole thing is a hoax and people are over-reacting because he personally isn't experiencing severe symptoms, it would be irresponsible. and might cause viewers to minimize the severity.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I watch no cable or network news, so i dont really have an opinion or care. However loving freedom and free speech as long as he's home and impacting no ones heath than i say go for it Chris.

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
I don't think he should do his full hour show. Maybe just talk for a few minutes at the beginning or end with an update as to how he feels. then go get some rest...Give all the other stuff some rest. It will be there when he gets better. I am sure this is helping his ratings.

geekette

Reaction score
As I understand it, he is quarantined in the basement. Says even his dogs won't visit him down there. Wife and kids upstairs.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes he is quarantined in his basement. If I were him, I would take some sick days. I am worried he will make himself more sick by pushing himself. He needs to rest. But I do like his show so I am happy to watch as long as he does not get worse. I hope he makes a full and quick recovery.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Last night he bantered by video with Don Lemon.
Lemon: "Did you get my gift?"
Cuomo: "No. What was it?"
Lemon: "A 6-pack of Coronas."

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw an article yesterday that said he is doing his show from his basement. If he feels well he may as well do his show from home. It gives him something to do while he is in self isolation.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
I don’t watch him, but his brother, the governor of New York State was upset because Chris had their elderly mom over to his house two weeks ago......so just goes to show that people in all walks of life are not listening. Chris said “mom was feeling lonely”...I don’t know if he talked about this from his basement show. Also, he can be looking pale since he’s not having his makeup done. I’ve noticed a few cable news people that don’t look as glamorous as usual. I’m sure they don’t have their cosmetologists coming in any more.

Life needs to go on somehow. If you can’t have human contact you at least can watch TV. As long as he doesn’t minimize his situation, I think it’s fine.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Working from home, this is news? (Pun intended).

Personally, I think one of the biggest problems today is there are too many cable talking heads period, no matter what their viewpoint of topics may be, right, left or rarely, neutral.

Cheers

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think if anyone is well enough to keep working and they aren't in a position to infect anyone, they should keep working. Having a purpose helps your immune system.

Brett

Reaction score
Chris Cuomo was just diagnosed with Covid-19 and he is still working and broadcasting his show on air nightly from his basement. He looks the same as before (to me), same energy level and does not appear to be sick. I find it interesting that he is working in a public position on cable news with coronavirus. What do people think about someone working with coronavirus if they are working from home and not able to infect anyone else? What do you think of someone so public like Chris Cuomo broadcasting his show on air with Covid-19?

To me, watching him on air makes the virus not seem like a big deal. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Interested in opinions.

Please do not make this into a political statement. No comments on whether you like CNN or not. Thank you.

I suppose it helps increase CNN cable TV viewers .... (it's all about ratings !)

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I think he looked sick and told my husband Cuomo needs to take a few days off. He's wearing himself out doing this and not doing himself any good. There's a lot of prep that goes into doing his show (beyond just sitting there talking and reading a teleprompter) even if he's just doing it from his basement. He's spending the day prepping for his own show and not resting as he should be. Hope it doesn't come back to bite him in the butt.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade

I was a telecommuter and worked from home on and off for 15 years. I had a surgery in 2002 and worked from home, sometimes in bed, for several weeks before I could return to the office. I worked from home when I wasn't feeling well with various ailments throughout that 15 years. Being able to work from home was good for me and my employer. I could still do my work instead of being bored and my employer was able to reap the benefits of my work without me exposing other employees to whatever illness I had at the time. I see no reason for Chris Cuomo not to work as long as he feels like it. He is following all the protocols to keep himself and others safe. Maybe instead of people thinking the virus isn't serious, they will realize that more people can work from home and still be productive. I stress, as long as they feel like it. It should be up to the individual to determine if they feel like it, not their employer.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Many of us are being asked to work from home during this time. If I had a slight cold, I would still be working from home. How is this different? If he personally feels well enough to work and he isn't at risk of infecting anyone else, why would anyone care? It is his decision at this point.

Kurt

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
He is certainly free to do as he wishes. My only point is that it is obvious he's sick and I think he could be taxing his system more than he needs to. But, it's his life and I hope he gets well soon.

Many of us are being asked to work from home during this time. If I had a slight cold, I would still be working from home. How is this different? If he personally feels well enough to work and he isn't at risk of infecting anyone else, why would anyone care? It is his decision at this point.

Kurt

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
He is certainly free to do as he wishes. My only point is that it is obvious he's sick and I think he could be taxing his system more than he needs to. But, it's his life and I hope he gets well soon.
Yes, but the decision to work or not is between his doctor and himself. Not sure why anyone else would have a say in the matter.

Kurt

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as he feels well enough to do his show, I say, 'Go for it!' By doing so, he gives his viewers a peek at how infection might effect them. Other reports from people who've recovered have reports of body temperature above 103, and the 'worst body pain' they have ever experienced. If any similar symptoms befall him, he should rest. Having a news personality that many feel they 'know' gives a unique window into the disease.

I wish him and his family well, and a speedy and complete recovery, AND some form of immunity from re-infection.

Jim

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
The vast majority of those infected with the virus have little to no issues. The guy is healthy so he's going to be fine and I hope a "live TV" example of how living a healthy lifestyle is a good thing.

Regarding his looks... he is not in the studio with its' lighting and make-up artists. So you're seeing the real Fredo.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
The vast majority of those infected with the virus have little to no issues. The guy is healthy so he's going to be fine and I hope a "live TV" example of how living a healthy lifestyle is a good thing.

Regarding his looks... he is not in the studio with its' lighting and make-up artists. So you're seeing the real Fredo.
I think you are conflating asymptomatic with self resolve. The vast majority do self resolve, but like Cuomo many are pretty sick. See interviews with him and you will know you do not want his symptoms. Here is a pretty good article that shows the current thinking is about 25% are truly asymptomatic. The other 75% range from cold symptoms to death with about another 20% needing hospitalization.

Status
Not open for further replies.