• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2020 ] There are toilets that are just okay, and there are awesome toilets!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Strange name for a thread on TUG, but. this is worth mentioning for anyone in the market for a new toilet. I have this clever nephew, Mason the master plumber, who gave me advice on buying a toilet. I told him any toilet would be better than this toilet I have in my powder room downstairs (which was a gray toilet and had a round seat). He told me, "I am going to get you a Toto Drake. You will love it." It arrived a few months ago, Rick installed it, and it is the best toilet I have ever seen. It was only $175 with shipping from his supplier in Texas. Man, I am crazy for this toilet. I clean it, and it never seems like it needs it. I put in some cleaner and swish it around, but the toilet is just always clean. It's the strangest thing.

When we were on our way back from Maui at the end of February, the SFO airport where SW gates are located had Toto toilets. Those are commercial toilets.

I told my nephew I think I want a bidet one upstairs in our room. It costs more, but I have always wanted the luxury of a bidet. Does anyone have a bidet and how do you like it?

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Strange name for a thread on TUG, but. this is worth mentioning for anyone in the market for a new toilet. I have this clever nephew, Mason the master plumber, who gave me advice on buying a toilet. I told him any toilet would be better than this toilet I have in my powder room downstaira (which was a gray toilet and had a round seat). He told me, "I am going to get you a Toto Drake. You will love it." It arrived a few months ago, Rick installed it, and it is the best toilet I have ever seen. It was only $175 with shipping from his supplier in Texas. Man, I am crazy for this toilet. I clean it, and it never seems like it needs it. I put in some cleaner and swish it around, but the toilet is just always clean. It's the strangest thing.

When we were on our way back from Maui at the end of February, the SFO airport where SW gates are located had Toto toilets. Those are commercial toilets.

I told my nephew I think I want a bidet one upstairs in our room. It costs more, but I have always wanted the luxury of a bidet. Does anyone have a bidet and how do you like it?
We had a bidet in our hotel room in San Francisco. I never tried it.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We had a bidet attachment and loved it. We will install one in our Molokai condo when we are living there and not renting it out. You are cleaner and use less toilet paper.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Strange name for a thread on TUG, but. this is worth mentioning for anyone in the market for a new toilet. I have this clever nephew, Mason the master plumber, who gave me advice on buying a toilet. I told him any toilet would be better than this toilet I have in my powder room downstairs (which was a gray toilet and had a round seat). He told me, "I am going to get you a Toto Drake. You will love it." It arrived a few months ago, Rick installed it, and it is the best toilet I have ever seen. It was only $175 with shipping from his supplier in Texas. Man, I am crazy for this toilet. I clean it, and it never seems like it needs it. I put in some cleaner and swish it around, but the toilet is just always clean. It's the strangest thing.

I posted elsewhere we recently bought a Luxe bidet attachment from Amazon ($35) and we love it.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
One thing I wish in our new house I had upgraded (through the builder) our toilet to a higher one like we had in our previous house because I am having an issue with my knee. We did install a grab bar next to it.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade

I have a bidet attachment that I ordered from Amazon. It was about $70 and very easy to install. I love it. I’ve had it for a little over a year and haven’t had any problems. I really don’t understand why they aren’t more popular in the US. Cuts way down on tp.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I have a bidet attachment that I ordered from Amazon. It was about $70 and very easy to install. I love it. I’ve had it for a little over a year and haven’t had any problems. I really don’t understand why they aren’t more popular in the US. Cuts way down on tp.
Which is good right now, that's for sure.

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought the Toto add-on last month at Costco. It will fit on our Kohler toilet but we haven't installed it yet.
We renovated the master bath last year and made sure to put an electrical outlet within reach.

Edited to add: The Costco model is one of Toto's cheaper units, and doesn't have all the features Clifffaith mentions below https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/t...here-are-awesome-toilets.303409/#post-2420573 [no pun intended re: "below"]

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question, do you just use toilet paper to dry the area?
Yes, but it doesn't take much to pat dry. You could use a washcloth or small towel if you wish.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Toto Washlet. Heated seat, front wash, back wash, occilate option, dryer (which for me gets too hot before it gets me dry). Needs electricity behind the toilet. Best thing ever. First morning at a timeshare, after shrieking "ooh, cold!" when I sit down, I start singing "I miss my butt washer, my only butt washer.." to the tune of "You Are My Sunshine". You still need to wipe, just for that 1 time out of 20 you need to wipe or sluice again. I've threatened not to move to the old folks home if they don't let me have a fully heated butt washer. A regular toilet is akin to using leaves in the woods after a Washlet spoils you.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Alan Cole has to have an opinion on this. He is the master toilet installer.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
My mother has one and loves it. My daughter on visiting my mom always says grandma can I use your toilet. Which sounds odd but she also thinks it’s the bomb.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Yes, but it doesn't take much to pat dry. You could use a washcloth or small towel if you wish.

Using a wash cloth or towel does not seen hygienic unless you wash it after each use. But that seems like too much work and you would go through too many wash cloths or towels per day. I use the bathroom many times per day so I would need many wash cloths / towels. Then I would be doing more laundry, using more detergent, using more water. It seems to defeat the savings on TP. When I was a kid, we had a bidet. My parents made us use towels. I hated it because I hated using the towel. I wanted to use TP but they were trying to save so they did not put an TP out. I have hated bidets ever since. Assuming you are using TP, what is so great about a bidet? Maybe I just had a bad experience.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Using a wash cloth or towel does not seen hygienic unless you wash it after each use. But that seems like too much work and you would go through too many wash cloths or towels per day. I use the bathroom many times per day so I would need many wash cloths / towels. Then I would be doing more laundry, using more detergent, using more water. It seems to defeat the savings on TP. When I was a kid, we had a bidet. My parents made us use towels. I hated it because I hated using the towel. I wanted to use TP but they were trying to save so they did not put an TP out. I have hated bidets ever since. Assuming you are using TP, what is so great about a bidet? Maybe I just had a bad experience.
You dry yourself after bathing/showering and don't launder the towel after one use, don't you? I happen to like the freshness of using the bidet. That's all. Do what makes you happy. Nobody wants you to relive unpleasant childhood memories- or cause you more laundry.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
You dry yourself after bathing/showering and don't launder the towel after one use, don't you? I happen to like the freshness of using the bidet. That's all. Do what makes you happy. Nobody wants you to relive unpleasant childhood memories- or cause you more laundry.

The difference with showering is that I am not rubbing the towel against feces or urine. That is what I meant by unhygienic. I would much prefer to use TP with a bidet. Then maybe it would not bother me.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also installed a Luxe portable bidet on my toilet about nine months ago (based on a TUG thread!). It's not glamorous, for sure, but it sure is awesome. It cleans far better than TP, and now I use just a tiny fraction of the TP that I used to.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Gosh, this is my thread! We have had three Toto Drakes in the house since 2008 and we have had the Luxe bidet attachment in our master bath for a year or so. Both are great and I can highly recommend. I checked Amazon recently and they were sold out of bidet attachments so it may be awhile. I wanted them for my other bathroom but I'm on the fence about putting one in the powder room because I'm not sure that everyone knows how to use them. I know - and I still managed to spray water everywhere when I decided to check the pressure before I sat down the first time.

The bidet just does a better job than plain old tp. We did not get the version that had a hot water line because it takes a few minutes for our master bath to get hot water anyway but we have found that the cool water is fine.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
After having toilets that I had to clean every three days (all three of our others), I can truly appreciate a toilet that flushes so completely and cleans itself after every flush. Toilet cleaning is a nasty job, and I use bleach to clean the toilets, but this one is a gem. I just ordered one more for our main bathroom, a taller one for Rick, since he is 6 ft and hates my low toilet. He gets the toilet and wax ring today for install. I need two more for home.

Wondering about our current townhouse remodel. It might be nice to have good toilets in the townhouse. for renters next year.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just experienced the Toto Washlet bidet seat at Hilton Kings'Land. Oh my, I love this thing. I already ordered two from Costco, one for Rick's toilet and one for mine. He will have to do some electrical to get that outlet in place, but he is a handy guy and will do it. He likes the bidet too.

I have never, ever used a bidet before. Wait 'til the kids try them. They will want them too, especially our grandkids .

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
My daughter had the same reaction and wants to buy one. They dont have then in Phase I Kings land but we experienced them at Hilton Hawaiian village.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My daughter had the same reaction and wants to buy one. They dont have then in Phase I Kings land but we experienced them at Hilton Hawaiian village.
The Toto Washlet is only $319 on Costco! It's $90 more on Amazon, and Costco has the money-back guarantee.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
The Toto seat was on sale at Costco a few months back. I wish I would have bought two, but now I know. Next one will have a dryer fan.

I find I'm clean after the spray so I rarely use toilet paper. My brother in law called me the soggy bottom boy, lol. It's not soggy but what the heck.

Bill