• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Common Sense at WalMart

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Saw this on Facebook, and wanted to share it here. This makes a lot of sense. Whenever I've been in WalMart, it seems a lot of people tend to drag all their kids along, especially in the grocery section. Right now, more than ever, leave the others at home.

Dave

walmart.jpg

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Last time I went to Walmart I had to use the shopping cart to get separation between me and the folks in line behind me for checking out; they clearly weren't interested in social distancing. Next time I go, I plan on getting two shopping carts - pushing one in front of me and pulling the other behind me in order to get some space. Two Carts, One person!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Same sign needs to be posted at Costco! Save Lives! Stay Home!

Last edited:

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I did the Kroger lottery this morning because I NEEDED coffee. I went in at about 7:30-8:00 AM and there were maybe 10-12 cars in the parking lot. Shelves were pretty well stocked, scored a nice chuck roast and some fresh vegetables.

Brett

Reaction score
Saw this on Facebook, and wanted to share it here. This makes a lot of sense. Whenever I've been in WalMart, it seems a lot of people tend to drag all their kids along, especially in the grocery section. Right now, more than ever, leave the others at home.

Dave

yes, whenever I'm at Costco people drag their kids in too, the whole family
and in the produce aisle kids sample the food and put it back ... o_O
sure, Walmart has lower prices than costco but really ....

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
My doctor just did a Facebook post telling her patients essentially the same thing. She's really great. I'm sure we all hung our heads in shame for even THINKING of going to the store.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

No argument from me. I dislike crowds anywhere I'm shopping, and especially the rude crowds at Costco. This was just the first thing I'd seen stating emphatically what I tend to think. For all I know, it may not even be "real," and might have been made by someone who shops at Walmart and hates kids. LOL!

Dave

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We are getting drastically short of food here at our house. Out of salad, vegetables and meat. I am doing a cauliflower pizza for dinner tonight, but tomorrow we need to get to the grocery store or set up a pickup. I would love to go to Costco for the major quantities of things. We are 65, so those early morning hours are appealing to me.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did the Kroger lottery this morning because I NEEDED coffee. I went in at about 7:30-8:00 AM and there were maybe 10-12 cars in the parking lot. Shelves were pretty well stocked, scored a nice chuck roast and some fresh vegetables.

Our local Kroger store have not had any Tylenol products in weeks.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
No argument from me. I dislike crowds anywhere I'm shopping, and especially the rude crowds at Costco. This was just the first thing I'd seen stating emphatically what I tend to think. For all I know, it may not even be "real," and might have been made by someone who shops at Walmart and hates kids. LOL!
I don't think so, Dave. A pet peeve of mine is the crowds at Costco (and many others- not to single Costco out) with 5.2 kids running amok and feeding them lunch from the 'sample' tables. I thought that doing away with the free samples would thin the herd, but alas, they're still out in force. WTF are these people thinking???? Time to advertise: LEAVE THE FAMILY HOME!! Taking them shopping risks YOU, THEM AND OTHERS!

Our neighboring county, Blaine, (home of Sun Valley and a LOT of wealthy celebs) has a higher per-capita concentration of COVID infection than NYC. There is a SIP order. SO they are not supposed to leave home. So they pile in the car and come here to Costco! The parking lot was full of cars with their county designation plates. I left.

Jim

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did the Kroger lottery this morning because I NEEDED coffee.
Last week I was out of coffee, also an emergency. I called my local coffee roaster and placed an order. I drove up, paid at the door, and they handed me my coffee. Whew!

Reactions: DrQ

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We are getting drastically short of food here at our house. Out of salad, vegetables and meat. I am doing a cauliflower pizza for dinner tonight, but tomorrow we need to get to the grocery store or set up a pickup. I would love to go to Costco for the major quantities of things. We are 65, so those early morning hours are appealing to me.

Check with your local warehouse. Out here they're doing special "senior hours" on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I don't think so, Dave. A pet peeve of mine is the crowds at Costco (and many others- not to single Costco out) with 5.2 kids running amok and feeding them lunch from the 'sample' tables. I thought that doing away with the free samples would thin the herd, but alas, they're still out in force. WTF are these people thinking???? Time to advertise: LEAVE THE FAMILY HOME!! Taking them shopping risks YOU, THEM AND OTHERS!

Our neighboring county, Blaine, (home of Sun Valley and a LOT of wealthy celebs) has a higher per-capita concentration of COVID infection than NYC. There is a SIP order. SO they are not supposed to leave home. So they pile in the car and come here to Costco! The parking lot was full of cars with their county designation plates. I left.

Jim

Wow! I haven't been to Costco in over a week (some kind of record for me, I'm sure.) I'm surprised the crowds (per cart) are still there.

Dave

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
This is the first I have heard of shopping alone at Walmart. But my DH told me last week that it is better to shop alone. Less risk of getting something, less touching of things, easier social distancing. Here is an article about other shopping tips.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

Our Costco recently implemented a policy of each person has to have their own Costco Card to get in. When we went to Costco on Senior Day, a younger family member was allowed to help the older member. Costco even had a gas pump wiper cleaning the pumps between people.

Walmart's parking lot looks pretty full every time we drive by. I'm not planning any trips to Walmart, lol.

Bill

Brett

Reaction score
Our Costco recently implemented a policy of each person has to have their own Costco Card to get in. When we went to Costco on Senior Day, a younger family member was allowed to help the older member. Costco even had a gas pump wiper cleaning the pumps between people.

Walmart's parking lot looks pretty full every time we drive by. I'm not planning any trips to Walmart, lol.

Bill

yes, - Walmart parking lots are almost always full because of their low prices
but who wants to die just to get a low price :(
- - - - - if you believe Walmart shoppers and employees are more susceptible to carrying the virus

Last edited by a moderator:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Being something of a smartass:
Upon entering our grocery (one out, one in), I suggested they sell appointments.
As I left, I paused at the door and asked if I could sell my place in the store.

Sometimes, when asked for a name on my take-out order, I make one up.
Recently, I've adopted the name, Jose Cuervo.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Being something of a smartass:
Upon entering our grocery (one out, one in), I suggested they sell appointments.
As I left, I paused at the door and asked if I could sell my place in the store.

Sometimes, when asked for a name on my take-out order, I make one up.
Recently, I've adopted the name, Jose Cuervo.

Jose Cuervo was a friend of mine one time. LOL.:wave:

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Went to Costco and Vons because because the Hubs forgot essentials. The line in to Costco was long but ppl were keeping their distance. At our Vons, there was truly less ppl than other stores. Prices tend to be higher so they had fully stocked meat aisles. I’m truly tired of chicken and pasta.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Went to Costco and Vons because because the Hubs forgot essentials. The line in to Costco was long but ppl were keeping their distance. At our Vons, there was truly less ppl than other stores. Prices tend to be higher so they had fully stocked meat aisles. I’m truly tired of chicken and pasta.
And some people would kill for chicken.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would highly recommend instacart. We did that today through Aldi.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
And some people would kill for chicken.
In our area, there’s still chicken but it can be difficult to get beef, especially ground beef.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I went out to get some provisions on Friday. Costco didn't have much of what I needed. We are getting low on TP. I don't think they will ever have TP again! Costco was a pain, they have stacked wooden pallets up around the entrance to force a line in a certain direction. Unfortunately I parked on the opposite side of the parking lot from where the entrance was. I came out with a pack of ribeyes and some cheddar cheese (wish they would start to carry the 2lb block of colby jack around here).

Then I head to Aldi and stop at Winn Dixie on the way home only to find out that they have ribeye on sale Fri, Sat and Sun for only $6.99/lb. The pickings were slim, but got a four pack. Not the thickest steaks, but since I already had a four pack from Costco, I figured it would be fine. Today I opted to go over there again and get some more ribeyes. They had a lot of ribeye today. Can't go wrong with $6.99/lb since Costco is $3 bucks more. Cooked one of them up tonight and I must say, I think we like them better than the Costco steaks. I had bought a bone in ribeye roast from them right after the holidays and cut it up into steaks and they were also excellent. I don't think I will ever buy another ribeye again at Costco as long as I can keep a steady stock of them from Winn Dixie. I won't ever pay their full price since it is something like $15/lb. I think we have 13 ribeye steaks in the freezer. As soon as I buy them, I bring them home put salt and pepper on them and then package them individually in Foodsaver vacuum bags and freeze them. Then just toss them in a big bowl of water whenever we need to thaw them out to cook. Works great.

Around here, we really haven't had any issues getting most things. I usually buy spring or drinking water at Publix and they usually have it in stock. Sometimes they run out of the big 2.5 gallon jugs you can put in your fridge, but always have the one gallon jugs. My wife drinks cold brewed iced tea and they work great for that. The water here in north Florida sucks. Chicken, steak, milk and eggs seem to be pretty easy to get. Aldi has always had eggs and milk though I noticed the last time I was in there they had no fresh chicken. Getting any of the obvious items like TP, wipes, hand sanitizer or disinfectant spray is nearly impossible.

I also wonder about Costco's one item per member policy on TP. Is that one per time through the line? I guess it is possible for people to go in every day and buy more TP? Or go out and back in to the store. Of course the main problem is that by the time they get back in, the racks are probably cleared. If it is one per time through the line (managed by clerks at checkout), perhaps they should reconsider and make it one per member per week. Or something similar. How can they always be out of TP every time I go in there?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I also wonder about Costco's one item per member policy on TP. Is that one per time through the line? I guess it is possible for people to go in every day and buy more TP? Or go out and back in to the store. Of course the main problem is that by the time they get back in, the racks are probably cleared. If it is one per time through the line (managed by clerks at checkout), perhaps they should reconsider and make it one per member per week. Or something similar. How can they always be out of TP every time I go in there?

It's one item per time through the line. The cashier can't check your shopping history at that register to find out what you purchased previously. They have to do that at the Membership/Refund desk. All they can control at checkout is how many of an item you're buying at that moment.

The reason there isn't a stockpile of TP is because people are lined up at the door first thing in the morning, and they all take one bale of TP. Everybody after that also takes one. By the time you get there, whatever is left is all there is. And you're right - that leftover amount will soon be gone. So yes, come back tomorrow morning and line up two hours before opening so you can be first in the door. You may or may not find any TP in the warehouse. It all depends on what they receive in shipping that day, and restock overnight. They aren't holding it back, they're putting out what they have. The demand is just that great.

Dave

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the Costco store in Newport News, Va they did not have any Costco brand bacon in stock; only Oscar Mayers bacon was in stock. Meat supplies were low, but they had plenty of big screens tv in stock.

TP, rubbing alcohol , Lysol wipes & sprays, mask were not in stocks.