• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Brain fog from stress

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Gaak!! Too much CNN, too much coronavirus news. Used to be we'd sleep until 9:30 every single day unless we had a morning appt to get to. Now I'm awake at 6am (to say nothing of the nights I'm awake for an hour or more at 2am), I read another couple chapters in Influenza (story of 1918 flu pandemic; bought for Cliff at some point and he unearthed it the other day), turn TV to local news at 7am and I'm up, with Cliff, feeding cats by 7:30. Can't get out the door to the store with my coupons and/or grocery list in my hand to save my soul. Yesterday I went to fill my Diet Cherry Pepsi glass in my office. No open bottle of pop to be found. OK, maybe I just think I've already had a glass and I need to open a new bottle since that's the only thing in the fridge. No, my glass is wet on the bottom. Checked the bathroom, checked the garage, open liter bottle is nowhere to be found. Walked around the office twice, checking to be sure I hadn't set it on a bookshelf. No bottle. I refused to open a new bottle because I just know there is an open bottle. Never did show up. So today I go downstairs and resign myself to opening a new bottle. Within 10 minutes I need to pee, and realize I'd left the 409 on the bathroom counter because I'd sprayed the bathroom sink. Hmm, sink really needs a scouring pad, let me check under the office kitchen sink for one. That damn half full bottle of pop was under the kitchen sink! How the heck did it get there?! It could have lived there for several months if I hadn't decided to look for a scouring pad to use on the bathroom sink. I'm totally losing it!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I think we are all going to lose it as we have a lot of anxiety with this virus thing going on.

We can't even believe we are staying in bed until 7 or 7:30. The mornings do go fast that way, however. But what the heck do we have to do all day at this point when we can't go anywhere or plan anything? We are all getting punchy. We are getting stressed out. We are getting tired and scared and depressed.

When I was taking a walk this afternoon a neighbor was standing on his little front porch. He told me he is already bored to death.

Sure, you might have some hobbies and cleaning and cooking to do. But this awful situation is always in the back of our minds causing us to have foggy brains at times.

Last edited:

Brett

Reaction score
Gaak!! Too much CNN, too much coronavirus news. Used to be we'd sleep until 9:30 every single day unless we had a morning appt to get to. Now I'm awake at 6am (to say nothing of the nights I'm awake for an hour or more at 2am), I read another couple chapters in Influenza (story of 1918 flu pandemic; bought for Cliff at some point and he unearthed it the other day), turn TV to local news at 7am and I'm up, with Cliff, feeding cats by 7:30. Can't get out the door to the store with my coupons and/or grocery list in my hand to save my soul. Yesterday I went to fill my Diet Cherry Pepsi glass in my office. No open bottle of pop to be found. OK, maybe I just think I've already had a glass and I need to open a new bottle since that's the only thing in the fridge. No, my glass is wet on the bottom. Checked the bathroom, checked the garage, open liter bottle is nowhere to be found. Walked around the office twice, checking to be sure I hadn't set it on a bookshelf. No bottle. I refused to open a new bottle because I just know there is an open bottle. Never did show up. So today I go downstairs and resign myself to opening a new bottle. Within 10 minutes I need to pee, and realize I'd left the 409 on the bathroom counter because I'd sprayed the bathroom sink. Hmm, sink really needs a scouring pad, let me check under the office kitchen sink for one. That damn half full bottle of pop was under the kitchen sink! How the heck did it get there?! It could have lived there for several months if I hadn't decided to look for a scouring pad to use on the bathroom sink. I'm totally losing it!

yeah, might be time to take a long walk in a local park .... look at the birds, squirrels, deer, etc. - - don't watch the coronavirus news - and forget the diet pepsi

Last edited:

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Forget the long walks, etc. Get the neighborhood to participate in a good ole fashion Wisconsin "jump around."

Sun Prairie neighborhood.

(In case you don't know what this is all about, see the video below about what happens at the end of every third quarter at a Badger football game.)

The end of the third quarter

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
yeah, might be time to take a long walk in a local park .... look at the birds, squirrels, deer, etc. - - don't watch the coronavirus news - and forget the diet pepsi

I drink diet soda every day It is my "coffee". I also love diet cherry pepsi or coke but cannot always find it in the stores.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Forget the long walks, etc. Get the neighborhood to participate in a good ole fashion Wisconsin "jump around."

(In case you don't know what this is all about, see the video below about what happens at the end of every third quarter at a Badger football game.)

I love this! I shared this on our community's Facebook page! Maybe people here might want to have a go at it!

Brett

Reaction score

OK, instead of long walks you jump around in the streets singing rap songs .....
sorry .... I'll continue our nature walks :)

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I really liked this line (from the Tonight Show):

"I used to say that I didn't have time to clean my house."
"Now [after a week at home], I know that wasn't the reason."

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
OK, instead of long walks you jump around in the streets singing rap songs .....
sorry .... I'll continue our nature walks :)

It doesn't have to be either or. What's wrong with a once per week for 10 minutes or so?

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
My anxiety has been off the charts and I had tried everything that I could think of to get at least some uninterrupted sleep. I am so happy once it gets to 5am so that I can get up and tell myself that I had a full nights sleep, even if it was just one hour at a time. Nothing worked except more exercise. I'm trying to get 2 walks in per day of around 2 - 3 miles each, so a minimum of 4 miles, but hopefully more. It has worked better than anything.

We don't have cable so no non-stop news here. I have two newspaper subscriptions and I use those the catch up online (one local, one national). We are actively trying to find the silver lining here but it's difficult. So much uncertainty, so much sadness. At this point it reminds me of labor, painful laboring for an indeterminate amount of time but with the knowledge that there will be an end, but you just have to grit your teeth and get through it.

And on top of everything, my favorite aunt has had some serious medical issues (not covid) and had a bad episode two days ago and is in ICU on a ventilator, facing a grim prognosis. All alone but luckily unconscious. This may be the worst part of it. I have never felt so helpless in my life.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV

Hey "Roger",

You in Sun Prairie?

Gina

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Who's to say what is better.

Most of you folks are secluded in your homes. (somewhat bored, etc.)

I am still working (grocery store). I feel fortunate to still be working.

Weigh that vs. possibility of becoming infected, etc.

I think it's 50/50............

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I started taking magnesium glycinate because of tinnitus in my ear. The good news is that the noise is mostly gone at night and it helps me sleep better. Almost as good as a sleeping pill.
The pharmacist next door said it was fine to take.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
My anxiety has been off the charts and I had tried everything that I could think of to get at least some uninterrupted sleep. I am so happy once it gets to 5am so that I can get up and tell myself that I had a full nights sleep, even if it was just one hour at a time. Nothing worked except more exercise. I'm trying to get 2 walks in per day of around 2 - 3 miles each, so a minimum of 4 miles, but hopefully more. It has worked better than anything.

We don't have cable so no non-stop news here. I have two newspaper subscriptions and I use those the catch up online (one local, one national). We are actively trying to find the silver lining here but it's difficult. So much uncertainty, so much sadness. At this point it reminds me of labor, painful laboring for an indeterminate amount of time but with the knowledge that there will be an end, but you just have to grit your teeth and get through it.

And on top of everything, my favorite aunt has had some serious medical issues (not covid) and had a bad episode two days ago and is in ICU on a ventilator, facing a grim prognosis. All alone but luckily unconscious. This may be the worst part of it. I have never felt so helpless in my life.

I am so sorry you are going through this and I can relate to the way you are feeling. Then to have your aunt so ill. So very sad. I will pray for you both.

I just lost my favorite aunt right after XMAS just before we closed on our new house and could not even attend her funeral.

I am not getting enough exercise. I do take very short walks in the neighborhood and the hilly roads around it. But I am not feeling motivated and exercising in the cold basement is depressing. I kind of feel a bit confused when I get up as to how my day should go and what to do with my time. I am not getting much sleep, but the new mattress and pillows feel nice at least.

I think most of us feel that loss of control now. Everything we planned or were planning, our goals, our family amd friends gatherings, our entire way of life is on hold. I myself have always been a person that looks forward and lives accordingly and not backward. But right now I cannot.

I wonder how our mental states will be as time goes on like this.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

Many of us are having anxiety, you are not alone. I am sorry about your Aunt, rough to handle with everything going on. I am here if you need support, together is much better then going it alone.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am so sorry you are going through this and I can relate to the way you are feeling. Then to have your aunt so ill. So very sad. I will pray for you both.

I just lost my favorite aunt right after XMAS just before we closed on our new house and could not even attend her funeral.

I am not getting enough exercise. I do take very short walks in the neighborhood and the hilly roads around it. But I am not feeling motivated and exercising in the cold basement is depressing. I kind of feel a bit confused when I get up as to how my day should go and what to do with my time. I am not getting much sleep, but the new mattress and pillows feel nice at least.

I think most of us feel that loss of control now. Everything we planned or were planning, our goals, our family amd friends gatherings, our entire way of life is on hold. I myself have always been a person that looks forward and lives accordingly and not backward. But right now I cannot.

I wonder how our mental states will be as time goes on like this.
It is the unknown that is harder then the isolation and having plans. In time it will get better, that is how I maintain my sanity, meanwhile we need to try to keep our mental health as healthy as we can.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara

I can relate to this. It is causing me a lot of anxiety. I was super anxious for the past 2 weeks. Now I am moving toward acceptance. It is what it is. I am still anxious but not half as much as a few days ago. I am actually starting to enjoy being home 24/7 with my husband and pets. I am worried about how life will be when this all ends since some of my plans were gutted by the coronavirus.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I stopped watching the news (no sense in watching, since there is nothing I can do about it) and started taking multiple long walks during the day for work breaks. I've also stopped reading many of the COVID-19 threads here. That has helped me with my sleep.

Kurt

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We golf three to four times a week. Golf is frustrating but good for physical health, so the verdict is out whether it is a stress reliever or not. Since we do not want to go the the grocery stores, after we figured out where we could order meat, fruits and vegetables for delivery, I am no longer anxious.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
I started taking magnesium glycinate because of tinnitus in my ear. The good news is that the noise is mostly gone at night and it helps me sleep better. Almost as good as a sleeping pill.
The pharmacist next door said it was fine to take.
Oh, yeah? I'll have to look into this -- I've had constant background tinnitis for years and my doctor has always just shrugged it off.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
I've also stopped reading many of the COVID-19 threads here.
I mostly only see the ones that get reported as problem posts. I'd avoid these too but as BBS Staff I gotta check them out. (Why did I read this one? Beats me.)

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We golf three to four times a week. Golf is frustrating but good for physical health, so the verdict is out whether it is a stress reliever or not. Since we do not want to go the the grocery stores, after we figured out where we could order meat, fruits and vegetables for delivery, I am no longer anxious.
Are you using a buying service like instacart? We have local farms in our area that delivery these types of items but just can’t handle the volume. I am on a waitlists. I need to do a shopping trip next week or the next and really don’t want to go.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you using a buying service like instacart? We have local farms in our area that delivery these types of items but just can’t handle the volume. I am on a waitlists. I need to do a shopping trip next week or the next and really don’t want to go.
Instacart does not service our area, hence the problem. I found farmboxdirect.com on the internet for fresh fruits and vegetables and I am expecting my first box on Fri. A friend recommended butcherbox.com for meat and I am fortunate in that I signed up a couple of days ago as they are now waitlisting new customers. My husband used wine.com for his wine. Since we have TP at home, I think we are all set for staying at home!