• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are you cooking?

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Where is that yuck button when you really need it???
Actually, it is a family (DW) fav. I never had it until I started dating her. I learned to make it from my MIL. Our kids loved it growing up.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Actually, it is a family (DW) fav. I never had it until I started dating her. I learned to make it from my MIL. Our kids loved it growing up.
Okay, I am going to bite.... what does a creamed egg taste like? What is it made with?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Shrimp Creole was what I made tonight. Quite good if I do say so myself!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Tomorrow we have (2) 1/2 gallon glass jugs of NH maple Syrup being delivered from a sufar house in the north country. They are open and we could have driven up there I guess, but they were offering free delivery for over $59 so what the heck. Hubby uses it a lot for his waffles/french toast/pancakes- me occasionally- and also good to cook with.

I'll bet fresh maple syrup is excellent. We don't have sugar maples out here. :(

Dave

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Macaroni with peas and onions and sausage. And brownies for dessert to bring to my mom bc it’s her 76th bday.
96187a6ebae4b36f6bbc6365967b4054.jpg
38e2b132e7d756de42d580ab8ec27ae3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For just the briefest of moments, I thought the description and the photos were in the same order..

What kind of sausage did you use?

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
My daughter and I cooked chicken fingers and Mac & cheese for us tonight and coconut chicken for DW. The kitchen is still standing. We’re not!

Harry

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
For just the briefest of moments, I thought the description and the photos were in the same order..

What kind of sausage did you use?

I usually buy a cheese and basil spiral sausage but in these times we eat what’s in the fridge or freezer so it was sweet Italian sausage.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay, I am going to bite.... what does a creamed egg taste like? What is it made with?
You make a light roux with flour and butter. You stir in milk and keep stirring to make a medium thick sauce. This is actually a béchamel sauce. Salt and pepper to taste. You can add a pinch of cayenne pepper to taste.

From here you can add sliced hard boiled eggs and Buddig pressed meat cut into pieces.

Serve over toast or english muffins.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
A neighbor here gave me a few packets of yeast she was keeping in her fridge since I have not been able to get any. I will keep it at room temperature for when I know I am ready to bake bread, which should be this weekend.

I just ordered whole wheat bread flour, cornmeal and moose mush hot cereal, oatmeal and bran muffin/raisin mix and spider corn cake mix from Littleton Grist Mill up in the north country. They make it as they get the orders in and I should be getting it tomorrow- super fast.

So this weekend I am going to take out the bread machine and relearn what I used to do years ago. Wish me luck.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been stockpiling the stems and bits of unused portion of veggies. Put them in pot this morning with lots of herbs and turmeric. Tonight I added leftover chicken to the strained broth and added in miso, nutritional yeast, collagen, whey protein, sunflower lecithin. Miso soup, YUM!

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A neighbor here gave me a few packets of yeast she was keeping in her fridge since I have not been able to get any. I will keep it at room temperature for when I know I am ready to bake bread, which should be this weekend.

I just ordered whole wheat bread flour, cornmeal and moose mush hot cereal, oatmeal and bran muffin/raisin mix and spider corn cake mix from Littleton Grist Mill up in the north country. They make it as they get the orders in and I should be getting it tomorrow- super fast.

So this weekend I am going to take out the bread machine and relearn what I used to do years ago. Wish me luck.
Have you tried no-knead bread? It make a beautiful rustic loaf.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Regarding bread: now is the time for all good men and women to use those Christmas presents that you thought you might have to re-gift.

We ran out of bread yesterday and don't want to risk a trip to the grocery. We've got some sort of bread mix that we were given as a present (and which we just put aside thinking we'd never use it). Mixed it this morning and the little yeasts are working hard right now.

So check your unused Christmas presents!

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The bread machine will make a nice, fine grained loaf.

The no-knead method produces a rustic, country-style loaf:
No-Knead-Bread-open.jpg

All you need is a cast iron dutch oven that has a handle on top that will withstand 500° F.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We were going to order our first take out in 10 days. Mouth was all set for a shrimp tray, when suddenly people were posting that our favorite family style Italian restaurant was closing Monday for the foreseeable future. So we picked up spaghetti and meatballs, sausage and peppers, salad and garlic bread instead of going to the fish market restaurant. We couldn't fathom that they wouldn't have enough take out business to warrant staying open (restaurant is split in half with a typical Italian-murals-on-the-wall seating on one side and counter for pizza, sandwich, pasta pickup on the other), so Cliff asked. Turns out they are closing because they are too busy, and being family owned they didn't want to be carrying the virus home.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I was low on flour and yeast and couldn’t find any. So... I had a friend of mine who runs a catering company get me some. Lol 2 pounds of yeast, 25 pounds all purpose flour, and 50 pounds of stone ground whole wheat flour. I’ve distributed 6 ounces of yeast, 18 pounds of all purpose flour and 19 pounds of whole wheat flour to friends.

In the past week, I’ve made 7 loaves of whole wheat sandwich bread and 1 loaf of whole wheat Irish Soda Bread. Yeah I’m getting fat.

BFDD3EA0-3620-433D-A981-94E95544CFE3.jpeg

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
can you do that no knead at a sour dough?
If you have a sour yeast culture, I don't see why not. The trick is figuring how much culture to use to get an acceptable proof.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We must be on a Thai kick. We ordered take-out from our fav Thai restaurant earlier this week. I had curry & veggies, Paula had her fav Thai soup Tom Ka Guy (sp). Then tonight we marinated some beef Tbone and sliced it into a spicy salad with Nouc-Mam Thai chiles & cucumber. Cilantro, peanuts. Another month of this and we'll have to go through the doors sideways.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Dinner tonight: Sautéed chicken breast in lemon-butter-caper sauce over whole wheat spaghetti with broccoli. And a glass of a nice crisp white wine. Mmm that was tasty.

9D96F8B2-5C03-49E8-A8D9-CEEC1101C86C.jpeg

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
We caved and got takeout tonight. A great dinner package - pick a pasta (baked ziti), a meat (chicken parm) and a salad (Caesar). I obsessively wiped/sanitized salad dressing container- dumped salad into my own bowl and promptly heated everything else in my oven to kill any potential virus. It’s a lot of work for take out. This new normal is exhausting.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We caved and got takeout tonight. A great dinner package...

I used a BOGO coupon from Ruby Tuesday tonight for...
2- Triple Plays... Fried Shrimp, Chicken Tenders and Honey Bourbon Ribs.
... with enuff leftover for tomorrow.

Last edited: