• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are you cooking?

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I am making lentil soup in the crock pot today as it is snowing so good day for it. I tried to order a 6 pack of Bob's Red Mill lentils on Amazon that I always used to order when we lived in our other house. Nope- not available. I have tried ordering other food items- forget it. I still have no flour or yeast in the house. Yet- two weeks ago Amazon kept sending me 4 packs of rice I did not order instead of the couscous I ordered! So I have tons of rice!

Anyway- I deserately need a new pair of slippers and I was able to order a pair, but all the ones I really wanted were not available. I guess people staying home- so wearing slippers more? Can't eat those, though.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hawaiian Style Pork Roast in the Instant Pot served over brown rice, and salad.

I discovered a reasonably priced grocery delivery service that I'm going to start using on Friday. My daughter has used them for awhile and likes them. https://www.imperfectfoods.com They aren't affiliated with a grocery story - more of a discount wholesaler. This is my first order, and I probably won't order so much every week - this week I'm trying things out to see what's a keeper. We are trying to stay home and out of the stores as much as possible. *Note that what I think is reasonable in CA, probably doesn't seem reasonable to you, if you are in the mid-west or south.

REGULAR BOX

Product
QuantityPrice
Conventional Asparagus (1 ct)1$1.49
Conventional Potatoes (1 lb)1$0.79
Conventional Carrots (1 lb)1$0.85
Conventional Yellow Onion (1 lb)1$0.99
Conventional Green Onions (1 ct)1$0.69
Conventional Cauliflower (1 ct)1$2.99
Mary's Ground Turkey (16 oz)1$4.99
Imperfect Foods - Chicken Breast (14 oz)2$7.98
Imperfect Foods - Pork Chops (11 oz)1$4.99
Roth Prairie Sunset Cheese (6 oz)1$2.99
Diestel Turkey Ranch Turkey Burgers (16 oz)1$8.99

Angelic Bakehouse Sprouted Whole Grain 7-Grain Bread (16 oz)1$2.99
Angelic Bakehouse Sprouted Whole Grain Hamburger Buns (8 pack)1$3.29
Imperfect Foods - Organic Rice Noodles (12 oz)1$3.49
Organic Sweet Potatoes (1 ct)2$2.98
Sunrich Barista Almond Milk Creamer (32 oz)1$1.99
Imperfect Foods - Aged Raw Milk Sharp White Cheddar Cheese (8 oz)1$3.49
Graziers Grass-Fed Butter - Salted (8 oz)2$8.58
Imperfect Foods - Creamy Unsalted Peanut Butter (12 oz)1$1.99
Cento Tomato Paste (6 oz)2$0.98
Organic Celery (1 ct)1$1.69
Anna Potato Gnocchi (17.6 oz)1$1.99
Welcome Kit1$0.00
Subtotal$71.20
Has your box of 'imperfect' Food been delivered yet? I am interested in what you think of it. I tried it awhile back (pre-COVID) and was disappointed by how difficult it was to communicate about a few unsatisfactory items.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
These are some of the stuff I made last week and planned for the upcoming week:
- Chicken vegetable soup - my own recipe which I posted in a separate thread
- Smoke pork ribs with mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, with caprese as an appetizer
- Beef with bell peppers and onions in a slow cooker
- Shepherd's Pie
- Split pea soup with smoked ham hock in Instant Pot
- Corned Beef and since we don't have cabbage, we are doing baby pak choy stir fry
- Chicken salad
- Spaghetti Squash topped with red sauce, mixed in with Italian sausage, bell pepper, mushroom
I would be happy to be served your menu for the week.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just finished a "1905 Salad" courtesy of "Columbia Restaurant."
-- It includes ham, swiss cheese, olives & tomatoes.
Buy the salad dressing (online) and you get the recipe on the back.
Love Columbia Restaurant. And their Champagne Sangria!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Has your box of 'imperfect' Food been delivered yet? I am interested in what you think of it. I tried it awhile back (pre-COVID) and was disappointed by how difficult it was to communicate about a few unsatisfactory items.
Yes - last Friday, and it was great. We have another order coming this Friday. However, I understand that there is now a waiting list to become a member, because of the demand for home grocery deliveries.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Tomorrow we have (2) 1/2 gallon glass jugs of NH maple Syrup being delivered from a sufar house in the north country. They are open and we could have driven up there I guess, but they were offering free delivery for over $59 so what the heck. Hubby uses it a lot for his waffles/french toast/pancakes- me occasionally- and also good to cook with.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
So today was cold and rainy with the noreaster. I put on some Bob Marley and made these two big trays of stuffed shells.

Attachments

• IMG_20200323_185702.jpg
    IMG_20200323_185702.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 12

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Low key comfort food: Dinner tonight is a thrown-together chicken noodle casserole thing I like to make. Canned shredded chicken from Costco (where else?), with egg noddles, cream of chicken soup, some green peas and melted cheese. Seasoned with things like dill and a dash of Old Bay, until it tastes right. Pretty darn good stuff. And it'll be even better tomorrow.

Dave

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
chicken enchiladas and apple slices, brownies for family w/2 college students home for online classes for the rest of spring.
chicken from freezer into crock pot simmered 6 hours with 1/2 can green chili enc sauce and 1/2 can cream chicken soup. stuffed into tortillas with other 1/2 sauce on top with "taco bell salsa" shredded cheese (only cheddar shredded cheese at the store last week), baked 350 for 20 minutes, then cut up tomato (no lettuce) and sour cream on top. Everyone liked it a lot.
I'm going to make that 1905 salad-ate at Columbia 2 years ago--yum.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Some kind of steak cooked in the slow cooker, noodles and avocado. We were supposed to have artichokes but dh made a mad dash to Target as he thought he could get some wipes (he couldn't) so the artichokes didn't get started in time. We'll have those tomorrow night.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Tonight I made my homemade spaghetti sauce. It was much more than we could eat even with leftovers so I texted my neighbors and asked them if they would like some. They said yes so I delivered it to their porch as we've been under a stay-at-home order which began about two hours ago. They just sent me a text saying they got it and would have it tomorrow.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
On Saturday, when it was so beautiful here, we grilled a pack of prime steaks from Costco, along with baked potatoes (also on the grill,) a nice salad, and some baked beans. Tonight was simple ravioli with sauce, bread, and salad. My mother did a fresh veggie run this morning, during "senior only" hours in a freshly-disinfected store--there were only 2-3 other shoppers in the whole place--so we are set for at least another week. (I swear, I told her I would go instead, but she insisted it was safer than me going at a later, more busy time, and she was probably right.)

The schools here in NC made the announcement that all schools--public and private--will be closed through May 15th. My daughter has the lead in the school musical; next week would have been tech/Hell week. She is devastated, as this is most likely her last year at that school. I've asked the Head of School to consider letting the kids to do a "live read" of the show via Zoom; I think it would be good for the kids, as well as for the students, who have put in dozens and dozens of hours since December on the show. I know this is minor in the grand scheme of things, but I think anything to create light during these dark times is important.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Leftovers from Carrabbas (take out):
Ministrone Soup, Pollo Rosa Maria & Chicken Marsala.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The restaurant at our country club is now offering curbside pickup. Up until closure of the restaurant due to COVID-19, their kitchen had not offered any gluten-free option. In a recent survey from the GM of the club, we were candid about how unhappy we were that they just didn't care to provide gluten-free options despite our repeated requests in the past year. Guess what, they offer a gluten-free pizza option on their curbside pickup menu. We have decided to order 2 gluten-free pizzas tomorrow for dinner as a positive feedback to them for listening. So it will be a treat as we rarely have pizzas since my husband is diabetic. I will also order sushi and jambalaya from their menu.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It's cool and rainy here so tomorrow I'm making chicken stew w/gnocchi in the Instant Pot - all main ingredients were sourced from my new grocery service.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DH decided to barbeque the other night, so I made the Instant Pot Chicken Stew with potato gnocchi tonight:

IMG_5459.JPG

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
This doesn't exactly qualify as cooking but maybe we can expand this thread to include interesting snacks.

Had one of my favorites earlier today:
Take a slice of American cheese
Add a swath (or two) of mustard
Place sweet pickle on top of mustard
Fold
Enjoy.

The opposing flavors make this a very tasty snack!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Back on the cooking front, when the wife has been cooking, we have tried to make a lot so we can have leftovers to cover a meal or two in the future. One of our favorite dishes toward this effort is chicken spaghetti since it never comes out the same way twice since we rarely have the same ingredients on hand when the mood strikes.

Our largest variables are the cheese and the soup. We've tried CS with just cheddar, just mozzarella, just Monterey Jack and each cheese leaves a different (yet delicious) taste. Combinations of those (and other cheeses) when we are trying to use the last of a shredded package (or two) of cheese makes for even more variety. With respect to soup, sometimes we use Campbell's and other times Kroger's house brand soup - again each with a difference - but good.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I am making lentil soup in the crock pot today as it is snowing so good day for it. I tried to order a 6 pack of Bob's Red Mill lentils on Amazon that I always used to order when we lived in our other house. Nope- not available. I have tried ordering other food items- forget it. I still have no flour or yeast in the house.

I made lentil soup today too. I did it in the Instant Pot so it was super easy. Kiddo crunched up BBQ chips and sprinkled them on top and loved it.
We are also having trouble getting flour. But we got some and my husband has been baking bread. It relaxes him.
Yesterday I made pea soup in the Instant Pot. And Husband made mac and cheese casserole the other day. We normally eat out a few times a week but we stopped all that. We self-quarantined a week earlier than our state because I have asthma and our son has kidney disease. So we have been eating in for a while now. And it's been good for our health :D

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I made a big pot of Weight Watchers chicken stew yesterday, but said "screw WW" and added three big potatoes to it for the first time in the 40 years I've been making it. Froze a single night and a double night portion, and we'll have left overs tonight. Chicken "gets weird" after the second day to my taste so I always freeze day three and beyond. Tomorrow we'll take advantage of one of the specials a local restaurant has. We are just a mile from POLA (Port of Los Angeles) where there was a Fisherman's Wharf area before they bulldozed 85% of it to the ground in the last two years. In theory the new and improved wharf area they have been talking about for the 20 years we've lived in the area is supposed to be built, but they've pissed a lot of people off by closing what were viable businesses while they dick around so don't know how popular it will be if they ever get it opened. One of the remaining restaurants has what they call a "shrimp tray". A usual order is $20; they are offering a meal for four for the same $20. Shrimp, semi-spicy sauce, potatoes, peppers, corn tortillas. We'll order for the first time from Grub Hub -- provide a bit of income for a delivery guy, don't have to get in the car and go out, and also the Mercy hospital ship is due in tomorrow and don't know what kind of crowds of gawkers that might attract. We'll do our own gawking and get a photo for our Christmas letter after the town gets used to having it berthed here.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
This doesn't exactly qualify as cooking but maybe we can expand this thread to include interesting snacks.

Had one of my favorites earlier today:
Take a slice of American cheese
Add a swath (or two) of mustard
Place sweet pickle on top of mustard
Fold
Enjoy.

The opposing flavors make this a very tasty snack!

This is my lunch a lot of days if you add a piece of bread and a toaster.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Soylent Gr.. naw not down to that, yet;).

Going to make Creamed Eggs on toast, AKA SOS.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Soylent Gr.. naw not down to that, yet;).

Going to make Creamed Eggs on toast, AKA SOS.
Where is that yuck button when you really need it???