• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any other owners being "forced" out of their resort right now?

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Beautiful! Where are you? Aren‘t they practicing social distancing there? How are restaurants still open?
Whistler BC host of the 2010 Olympics. Distancing is no issue. I saw 20 people today in 3 hours of hiking. Restaurants 1 at a time or delivery. All stores have strict distancing policies, taped off areas to line up in photo attached.

I can't imagine a safer spot especially with fully stocked grocery. Hundreds of tourists here instead of 10,000 so easy for everyone to follow rules as no need for crowding.
7d4268d13c9bf436f2cf87e5a801afe2.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
If the mayor puts Maui on lock down and you leave early do you get your points back ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cindylou

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV - 2 DOF, 2 OF
Sheraton Lakeside Terrace Villas at Mountain Vista - 2 winter, 1 summer, 1 shoulder
Why I don't I want to go home now? Safety. There are 9 identified cases of COVID19 on Maui right now, and 912 in Colorado where I live. To get home, I will have to get in an Uber, get to the Maui airport, be very close to dozens, if not hundreds of people, then cramped on an airplane for 6 hours with another 50-100-250 people, then go through Denver airport and be close to another several hundred people. If I stay here in Maui, my husband and I have everything we need by walking to Times to get groceries, cooking every day in our unit, walking on the Beachwalk when I want exercise, sitting on the beach or lanai for fresh air, all while maintaining social distancing except for the grocery checkout clerk, which would be the same situation if I was at home. We need no "amenities" other than functional room keys, water, and electricity. The primary reason is safety. The mayor and the governor said visitors should shelter in place at their lodging until their flight departs. That's what I'm doing. It is safer here. Next week, the flights and airports will have even less people, and it will be even safer. I'm trying to "obey the law" while Marriott is jeopardizing my safety (and others' safety on the off chance I'm an asymptomatic carrier) by intimidating us with alarmist letters, trying to make it so uncomfortable or expensive that we feel compelled to leave. By not answering the phone, by falsely showing "no availability" at all Maui resorts on the Vistana website and not allowing me to book more days, they are preventing me from using StarOptions I paid for with maintenance fees to stay in a place I have every right to stay. But they will "let" me pay $299 per night for a studio, $300+ something for a 1-bedroom or $620+ per night for an oceanfront or 2 bedroom or something like that. I was laughing too hard to hear the actual amount when he told me I could pay to stay in a room for which I could have used StarOptions 4 days ago if I booked on the website when it showed tons of availability. Occupancy right now is less than 20%. They offered to "let" me pay for more nights, when Marriott told investors this morning they were closing down their resorts for rentals. But they aren't.

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 19.33.49.png

IMG_2497.JPG
IMG_2498.JPG

Renegade

TUG Member
Reaction score
Halfway between Denver, CO and Cheyenne, WY
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas _ Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas _ Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas
Why I don't I want to go home now? Safety. There are 9 identified cases of COVID19 on Maui right now, and 912 in Colorado where I live. To get home, I will have to get in an Uber, get to the Maui airport, be very close to dozens, if not hundreds of people, then cramped on an airplane for 6 hours with another 50-100-250 people, then go through Denver airport and be close to another several hundred people. If I stay here in Maui, my husband and I have everything we need by walking to Times to get groceries, cooking every day in our unit, walking on the Beachwalk when I want exercise, sitting on the beach or lanai for fresh air, all while maintaining social distancing except for the grocery checkout clerk, which would be the same situation if I was at home. We need no "amenities" other than functional room keys, water, and electricity. The primary reason is safety. The mayor and the governor said visitors should shelter in place at their lodging until their flight departs. That's what I'm doing. It is safer here. Next week, the flights and airports will have even less people, and it will be even safer. I'm trying to "obey the law" while Marriott is jeopardizing my safety (and others' safety on the off chance I'm an asymptomatic carrier) by intimidating us with alarmist letters, trying to make it so uncomfortable or expensive that we feel compelled to leave. By not answering the phone, by falsely showing "no availability" at all Maui resorts on the Vistana website and not allowing me to book more days, they are preventing me from using StarOptions I paid for with maintenance fees to stay in a place I have every right to stay. But they will "let" me pay $299 per night for a studio, $300+ something for a 1-bedroom or $620+ per night for an oceanfront or 2 bedroom or something like that. I was laughing too hard to hear the actual amount when he told me I could pay to stay in a room for which I could have used StarOptions 4 days ago if I booked on the website when it showed tons of availability. Occupancy right now is less than 20%. They offered to "let" me pay for more nights, when Marriott told investors this morning they were closing down their resorts for rentals. But they aren't.

View attachment 18232

View attachment 18230View attachment 18231
We feel your pain. Our original checkout was for Wed. March 31st. Until this previous weekend, we were considering utilizing some remaining 2020 StarOptions to extend our stay another week to 10 days, for reasons similar/identical to what you described (we live in Greeley, CO). Felt that if we practiced social distancing, while using the remaining resort's services, we would be "safer" here than at home. (Talked with a trusted friend in Greeley this morning, who said "...things are kind of crazy here". )

Monday's announcement by KORV pushed us to bite the bullet and modify our lodging/travel arrangements, as we worried that the (important to us) direct flight from OGG to DEN would disappear. So now we checkout Saturday, on the first available direct flight.

And yes, we do feel we are being shown the door. I was watching the HI governor on the afternoon TV last week, when he did say that "we want visitors to go home". Not an exact quote, but that phrase was not repeated in that blunt way in any TV repeats or print afterwards that I saw.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
All of the Vistana Hawaii properties now have the following notice:

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 8.05.51 AM.png

Looking at the reservation system it appears the "Open only for Owner and Interval International arrivals" truly means arrivals thus reservations that are already in place and does not allow extensions to owners currently at the property. Not sure why they're offering @cindylou to stay if she pays cash.

dori47

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Beach Vacation Club
WorldMark
It makes more sense to stay there ( tough place to have to self isolate) than risk travel, but sense doesn’t always win over management regulations

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Maybe use interval to stay elsewhere if they are taking reservations. It is better to stay then travel right now

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
CindyLou: Are you saying that your reservation has expired and that hotel management will let you stay longer if you pay in cash but not if you pay in points?

GoalieDave: Is your hotel allowing any new guests to check in? Are they treating you differently from other guests? Are they telling all guests that everyone may have to leave soon.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I read it the same way, you can stay up until your flight departure. You changed your flight departure and they are not allowing extensions to existing stays. I don't know why they will sell you rooms though as they are not supposed to, according to their policy.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My son checked out of the Westin yesterday and checked into the Hyatt. I was out of star options but still had Hyatt points left. He is supposed to fly home saturday. I agree 100% with Cindylou it is much safer there than here. He has been in Hawaii since the 14th so pretty sure he is not infected. The longer you wait to come home the less crowded the airports will be.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cindylou I just checked the Westin website and I could not make any reservations at the Westin properties in Hawaii. I could still make reservation for the Hyatt. If you want to move to the Hyatt PM and we can work out a trade.

cindylou

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV - 2 DOF, 2 OF
Sheraton Lakeside Terrace Villas at Mountain Vista - 2 winter, 1 summer, 1 shoulder
CindyLou: Are you saying that your reservation has expired and that hotel management will let you stay longer if you pay in cash but not if you pay in points?

GoalieDave: Is your hotel allowing any new guests to check in? Are they treating you differently from other guests? Are they telling all guests that everyone may have to leave soon.
Yes, my reservation expires today, and yesterday they said I could not use StarOptions to stay longer, but I could pay cash instead. I'm on hold with Vistana now, while the very nice initial customer service rep tries to reach a manager to understand why the system is showing no availability after I told her there is definitely availability. Only a 5 minute wait to reach a human initially.

I believe GoalieDave said that he is the only guest at the entire resort currently.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It makes more sense to stay there ( tough place to have to self isolate) than risk travel, but sense doesn’t always win over management regulations
Yes! Profits over people and community health.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Yes, my reservation expires today, and yesterday they said I could not use StarOptions to stay longer, but I could pay cash instead. I'm on hold with Vistana now, while the very nice initial customer service rep tries to reach a manager to understand why the system is showing no availability after I told her there is definitely availability. Only a 5 minute wait to reach a human initially.

I believe GoalieDave said that he is the only guest at the entire resort currently.

Please provide an update when you get off the phone. Can't wait.......

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Please provide an update when you get off the phone. Can't wait.......
I might be ok. My phone calls have apparantly paid off. Local Mayor called my resort manager and told them they must let me stay until the end of my reservation. 7 more days... crossing fingers it is true.

cindylou

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV - 2 DOF, 2 OF
After 2.5 hours on the phone with Florida and local management our options are:
a) leave
b) get charged $2100 for 7 more nights here
c) they will call the police and have us removed

I am incensed, developing an ulcer, and unable to comprehend this despicable behavior by MVC.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
a) leave

I am incensed, developing an ulcer, and unable to comprehend this despicable behavior by MVC.
The reality is you might have no choice but to pay and then deal with it later on.

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
Cindy, so sorry for your situation (are you still on the same trip from mid-February when I met you there? You know how to vacation! :) Terrible that they are telling you that you can stay IF you fork out cash to them as a new ressie (which is contrary to the written communication they issued), but they won't let you extend with points as an existing guest already there. Best wishes--sincerely hoping something works out for you!

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindy Luckily, you have a cash option there. I called my Via Roma bluegreen resort which i own the underlying week backed up with points there and while open now, they said with conditions changing every few days in Florida/cities/counties i could be given 1 days notice to vacate the resort. Bluegreen has closed 14 resorts so far till April 30th. I Am going to cancel this week/trip and reschedule latter in the year. Best wishes to you Cindy. Be safe.

cindylou

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV - 2 DOF, 2 OF
About 4 hours after checkout time, and we hadn't yet checked out because we were developing our plan and told that the GM was coming to our room to speak with us, the GM, Ryan Nobriga, called and told us they had figured out a way to use our Star Options to let us stay until Tuesday. I'm not sure if it was a game of chicken, or if somebody saw the light, or if they wanted to avoid pictures of the police removing me, pictures of us sleeping in a rental car, or me contacting the CEO of MVC, Vistana, the Governor and the mayor. But for now I can relax. We have functional room keys. Later I will post the paraphrased and condensed transcript of the 4 hours of phone calls for those who want to read the ridiculousness. Comical. A total clusterfork.

Of note, WKORV staff are wonderful. It's MVC and Vistana that have their heads on backwards and have been withholding information and authority from the WKORV team. Kudos to Ryan Nobriga, Steve Aheong, and Dylan Andrion for positively outstanding customer support and aloha. If you are bored, please call the WKORV feedback line to say "thanks to Ryan Nobriga, Steve Aheong, and Dylan Andrion for taking care of the Provost family and doing the right thing." The number is 808-667-3200 ext 3321. I will be doing this as well of course.

Or perhaps we should wait until we are at home next week to make sure they don't change their mind.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
a) leave

I think option 3 is them bullying you ( perhaps bluffing - hoping you cave in first )

tell them you are calling the media - then show them you posts on TUG that already exist .
( FYI - this thread you started already has over 1000 views ; in less than 24 hours)

I am sure there are TUG members who also own their stock
or perhaps you should buy some and make sure your at their next annual public meeting .

PUSH BACK HARD

added - I was typing my post - when you added your resolution post .

I would show Ryan - Steve & Dylan - this thread - so they can see your TUG “ thank you “
to them - and suggest that they show “whoever” that your “ clustercfork” story was viewed
1000 times by a very active timeshare community forum .

remind them to remind “someone “ - the PR damage United Airlines etc. took when (social media - cell phone video power) showed people being dragged off airplanes by their hair on TV .

Last edited:

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
As an aside, we flew home from Missoula, MT to Chicago last Tuesday. We had a stopover in Denver. Both our flights were half empty and the airports weren't crowded. I didn't feel at risk during travel. I was only worried about a taxi/uber home from the airport and we arranged for our son to pick us up. Good luck!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
the GM, Ryan Nobriga, called and told us they had figured out a way to use our Star Options

Of note, WKORV staff are wonderful. It's MVC and Vistana that have their heads on backwards and have been withholding information ....please call the WKORV feedback line to say "thanks to Ryan Nobriga, Steve Aheong, and Dylan Andrion for taking care of the Provost family and doing the right thing." The number is 808-667-3200 ext 3321.

I will make sure to call - 800 667 3200 ext 3321
and give feedback as a TUG member.

Renegade

TUG Member
Reaction score
Halfway between Denver, CO and Cheyenne, WY
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas _ Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas _ Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas
Got a text this afternoon that our (new) direct flight on United OGG>DEN had been cancelled and rebooked us on a OGG>SFO>DEN flight. Called United and moved us back to our original departure date of Mar. 31st. And advised the front desk, car rental, etc. that we were back to the original reservation.

I expect that the airline will pull the same stunt and rebook us again with multiple stops in order to consolidate partially full airplanes to make a full airplane.

It was surreal to look east down the beach as far as you can see from the KORV (south) dune after lunch today and see not a soul. Four adults were approaching from the west.