• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Post your...I'm still traveling in March here

Rubyredboots

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WDW
I'm planning to fly Palm Springs to San Francisco in two weeks, barring any unforeseen circumstances. Commitment to watch dogs for my grand-daughter while she and beau (Erik)take trip to Kauai with friends.

This morning learned Erik may have been exposed. He is EMT in San Jose.

Also, a note from my daughter telling me NOT to plan on visiting her and my two grandsons if I am planning to fly there. Oh my.
Your grand-daughter and beau may not be travelling to Kauai as ban is imposed. Your daughter is smart. Should not consider travelling PERIOD. Need to heed messages of staying home.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Just made the final Reservation for Cabo next February.

February 10 - 17, 2021 Royal Solaris.
February 17 - 24 202 Coral Baja, WM.
February 24 - March 3, 2021 Cabo Azul, DRI.

Worldmark can be the hardest to get so I did it first. Then Cabo Azul. Solaris always has room for Members so it was last.

We love staying in various Resorts. Always do AI first.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your grand-daughter and beau may not be travelling to Kauai as ban is imposed. Your daughter is smart. Should not consider travelling PERIOD. Need to heed messages of staying home.
As I wrote above regarding unforeseen circumstances. Who could have imagined 'Kauai would go on vacation ' -- to quote Mayor.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
It was the other way around. We shut our border with Canada first. We're preventing people from countries with worse rates of infection from coming here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
The world is praying for you. I posted the link on a seperate thread. WHO is best source of facts.
e4dd4d7e1082c4ec9fae50a1238789d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Amen! Local travel only... must be parks, lakes, mountains etc you can drive to without meeting many people and easy to keep distance.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
We’re wrapping up a trip to Smokies on Thursday 3/26. We’re at Wyndham Smokey Mountains .. they let those of us with reservations check in last week but stopped even allowing check ins yesterday 3/23.

It’s 95% vacant .. 1 to 3 cars per building. If you ask for detergent or toilet paper they drop it off at the door and run which is good safety.

We had an email yesterday that our 3/26 Margaritaville reservation in Pigeon Forge is being cancelled. So we’ll be driving back to Ohio for home lockdown.

I got the wife and daughter out for hiking earlier in the week .. hooray .. was able because everything else is closed!

Today even the National Park closed the Hiking trails. There has been a lot of rain as well.

Today all restaurants in Tennessee are curbside pickup only. Just as well .. we did not feel comfortable sitting at any of the open restaurants. We bought plenty of groceries to hole up in the room. The Pancake Pantry in downtown Gatlinburgh was doing takeout earlier today but closed now .. not reopening until after the pandemic.

All the big dinner shows like Dolly Pardon stampede, Hatfields and McCoys, The Comedy Barn etc. say they re-open on May 8th. It’s like they know something the rest of us don’t know.

Bob

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
It was the other way around. We shut our border with Canada first. We're preventing people from countries with worse rates of infection from coming here.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What are you smoking? :shrug:

Or are you using some source like Fox News as your information source? Get your head out of Disneyland or wherever you have stuck it and come into the real world, where facts are important!! You keep making these assertions, but never back them up with facts or sources. :wall:

First, the Canada/US border is not shut. It is only closed to non-essential/non-commercial travellers (i.e. visitors). Second, neither you nor we did the closing first. It was done at the same time as part of a coordinated agreement, since we are each other's largest trading partners. Even your President got it right for a change. Why can't you? :doh:

And finally, where do you get the idea that Canada has a worse infection rate than the USA? We have been pro-acting and reacting right from the start of the virus with a much more coordinated national approach than anything that is going on in the USA. In fact, there have been many more instances of people being infected in the USA with Covid-19 and bringing it to Canada, than the other way around. :p

Just for the record, here are the current statistics for the two countries on a total and per million of population basis:

(Please note that these numbers are being updated regularly on the websites, but were accurate at the time of this posting.)

Canada - Population: 37.7 million; Covid-19 cases (total/per million): 2,176/57.72; Deaths (total/per million): 25/0.66
USA - Population: 331.0 million; Covid-19 cases (total/per million): 44,183/133.48; Deaths (total/per million): 544/1.64

Sources:

Last edited: