• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Frustrated with my other half, I just can’t get him to understand the risks

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
That would be most awesome... I will be in Naples from December 12 till the 19... I would love to meet up with you...
Yes it will work, hopefully it will happen.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
My sister works in a dental office. Her boss was keeping the office open. Two days in a row everyone cancelled their appointments, now the office is closed.

How is her boss paying people? Is he laying off?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
My mother-in-law is bored at home. I want to have her over to our house for dinner in a few days, but if she is still going to the bank, the store, and the local takeout places at 91 years old, I don't know if I want her in my house. Rick bought her a couple of bags of groceries yesterday after her hair appointment. She has a nice home, she loves Hallmark channel, and she loves to read. She needs to just stay home and wait this out. I am worried, genuinely worried about her infecting herself and others.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll admit that I'm even concerned about the mail. Mail presents a vulnerability to the outside world.

My wife insists that we spray our mail with Lysol before we open things. Spray one side, flip it over, then spray the other side, then wait a little while before opening. Then clean my hands after picking up the mail (we have sanitizing wipes in the garage so that I can clean my hands before coming back inside). I suppose if the postman has it, the whole neighborhood may get it.

These are crazy times.
I work at a large postal facility for the USPS, our management/Leadership here says the virus cant survive on the mail and no one here as become sick after 2 to 3 weeks constantly handling mail. YMMV. hope their right.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The other thing is like me and my husband we need to have a sense of accomplishment each day. Simply talking a walk and exercising doesn’t fulfill that need, but we do that also.

We always liked working on our home. Been doing it since age 21.

Yesterday we got our new mattress, then we got the blinds in plexiglass we ordered and hubby put those up on our doors. Then got the bathroom grab bar from Amazon and he had to go to Lowe’s to get better butterfly things for the wall so he could install it. He is a Mr. Fix it and that is what he likes to do, besides reloading for his sportsman hobby but he can’t go to the range he just paid for and joined because they had to cancel the orientation.

Our house is so small. We are on the internet a lot. The TV is on a lot. We are eating. I take care of business- phone calls and such. I clean every 2 weeks and do laundry. We watch and listen to the construction going on right on top of us. If the weather would get nicer we could sit outside on our new Adirondack rocking chairs hubby put together.

I got a free deck of cards with a vodka purchase! Lol! Time to learn how to play some card games again.View attachment 18116
So does the looser at cards have to take a Shot of vodka ? could be a lot of fun :)

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In Michigan the Governor put restrictions on having non-essential medical and dental procedures.
The Governor has asked all MI business owners to have employees work from home that can... I have been working from home for a week and a half. The governor has not yet done a lockdown but our numbers in MI keep growing, so I bet if we have a spike she will close us down... Our Economy which is derived from the auto industry is in tatters.
Sugarcubesea, Iam in MI and as you know north of Baycity is mostly forest and very small towns with most people spread out in the country. While i could see a lockdown for the Tricounty detroit metro area and possibly baycity and below, i doesnt make much sense/risk for the rest of rural MI IMHO. AL

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Sugarcubesea, Iam in MI and as you know north of Baycity is mostly forest and very small towns with most people spread out in the country. While i could see a lockdown for the Tricounty detroit metro area and possibly baycity and below, i doesnt make much sense/risk for the rest of rural MI IMHO. AL
I so agree. My folks had a cottage in Charlevoix once you get past Birch Run there is an abundance of land and trees.

I feel like this virus is the mystery monster that no one can figure out how to contain. I just worry that after this is contained life will never quite be the same

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My dental office seemed offended when I called to cancel. I was tempted to say:
"I'd rather have some tooth decay than for your dental hygienist to breathe on me."

Around here the 3 dentists we go to all closed over the last week for anything routine, emergency only visits
My eye doctor also closed (I needed contact lenses and they don't even have a staff person working from home to place orders or send scripts)
My OB GYN also cancelling routine checkups appointments.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Luckily dh, dd and I all had our regularly scheduled teeth cleaning right before all of this.

Imagine when/if this all over and trying to get an appointment? Even before this is what tough to get appointments with dentists and doctors.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Around here the 3 dentists we go to all closed over the last week for anything routine, emergency only visits
My eye doctor also closed (I needed contact lenses and they don't even have a staff person working from home to place orders or send scripts)
My OB GYN also cancelling routine checkups appointments.

This thing is like the plague. And the thing is most of us will get it anyway once they lift the movement restrictions- IF they ever do. There is no cure or vaccine. And the economy destroyed. Most people lunged into poverty as the market crashes and they lose all their money, businesses and jobs. People will be dying of depression/loneliness/suicide, starvation, and not being able to heat their homes, and other illnesses because they could not see a doctor or dentist. It;s the apocalypse.

This is the cure that is worse than the disease imo.

Last edited:

Brett

Reaction score
This thing is like the plague. And the thing is most of us will get it anyway once they lift the movement restrictions- IF they ever do. There is no cure or vaccine. And the economy destroyed. Most people lunged into poverty as the market crashes and they lose all their money. People will be dying of depression/loneliness/suicide, starvation, and not being able to heat their homes, and other illnesses because they could not see a doctor or dentist. It;s the apocalypse.

This is the cure that is worse than the disease imo.

I'm thinking that is a very pessimistic worst case scenario
All this social distancing and quarantining may work, albeit painfully

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I really believe if this continues beyond a few weeks forget about a recession we the people and the country will be in a depression- monetary and psychologically.

Did I mention civil unrest? The good people of the world like you and me will mostly abide by the rules. But what about the bad people who have nothing to lose and are desperate? Wait for it!

Brett

Reaction score
I really believe if this continues beyond a few weeks forget about a recession we the people and the country will be in a depression- monetary and psychologically.

Did I mention civil unrest? The good people of the world like you and me will mostly abide by the rules. But what about the bad people who have nothing to lose and are desperate? Wait for it!

I suppose if one believes this pandemic will result in a major world wide depression with most companies declaring bankruptcy, 50% unemployment and the federal government collapsing then, yes - the "doomsday preppers" would be on top and in control.

(I'm not believing in that scenario)

Last edited:

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My dental office seemed offended when I called to cancel. I was tempted to say:
"I'd rather have some tooth decay than for your dental hygienist to breathe on me."
Oddly in California, we aren't supposed to go to the dentist unless it's an emergency. The governor said that we could still get our nails done, though. He said even thought it's not exactly 6 feet away from the technician, they usually wear a mask and it was fine to go get nails done. :ponder:

geekette

Reaction score
Imagine when/if this all over and trying to get an appointment? Even before this is what tough to get appointments with dentists and doctors.
This must be your market as I have never had difficulty getting appointments, sometimes same day. Most always, within 2 weeks.

geekette

Reaction score

I will wait. This will go on beyond a few weeks. Nobody knows what will happen, so I will remain optimistic. Even if it gets really bad. I can't tell myself everything is awful, or shortly will be, because it's not good for me. I am a lemonade maker.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
This must be your market as I have never had difficulty getting appointments, sometimes same day. Most always, within 2 weeks.
In the future, I suspect your experience may be different.
However, for those who are flexible with their appointment availability and can get to their physician or dentist office on short notice, it may not be as bad.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
People are still saying " if this continues beyond a few weeks"?! Why USA is in trouble.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Yesterday at Safeway, they still have the self serve operating. I was shocked since buffets have been shut down because everyone touches the serving utensils. I saw people serving themselves at Safeway.
Ironic name for the store Safeway?

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.