• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Post your...I'm still traveling in March here

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, read information about what's happening in Italy. Even Newt Gingrich (who currently lives in Italy) is warning us to take this situation much more seriously.

Article worth reading! (Keep in mind that this area of Italy that was severely affected has a high Chinese population and went home to China to celebrate the Chinese New Year, knowing there were very sick people!)

No one is also is also mentioning that high doses of Vitamin C helps your immune system!

Wuhan finally has zero new cases of the virus after an 8 week lockdown.

If you have a comprised immune system, please stay home and keep eating healthy and taking your vitamins and supplements.

I haven’t yet seen anyone mention that had to cancel travel if they had travel insurance.

We always get travel insurance and even insurance for concerts and shows...we learned the hard way several years ago when my stepson got in a serious motorcycle accident several hours before we were to take a trip to Atlantic City for a show that most likely the band will never get back together again. We lost big money on those tickets and couldn’t even give them away! (There were other smaller costs that we lost money on also on that planned trip.)

Needless to say, I didn’t have a great relationship with stepson to begin with and this just dug a hole deeper, (accident not his fault, but already lied to us that he would never ride again before this), plus he has done other things since then (I gave him a chance), that I’ll never forget about, including stealing drugs from me while recovered while watching our home and pets while we went to our Kaua’i timeshare for 2 weeks!He knows what he did and my hubby knows that I want nothing to do with his ungrateful 2 kids and their extended family that usually is part of the package! (Can’t just see the 2 of them, all their 1/2 siblings, nephews, mom, cousins, all come along!)

I’m not a hotel for 1-2 nights that has to clean several bedrooms and bathrooms, plus any other mess they always leave. (I have enough to deal with my own health/CFS, etc..)
I tried for several years to be kind and generous to all of them, only to get stepped on! Stepdaughter just went on cruise and found out that she can’t comeback to work at her nursing home job for 2 weeks and will not get paid anything during that time! (I closed “Bank of Dad” awhile ago, except her birthday is shortly and she got the monetary gift w/a little extra, early.) At least they are over 4 hours away and don’t have to see them ever again if I don’t want to and no chance of catching anything she may have or have not picked up on her trip!

Our area is mostly closed down and restaurants & gatherings are limited to 10 people. Stores are on limited hours, and my recent grocery trip was a shock to find no meat, dairy or produce! (They are not allowed to know when they will get a truck, but the company that owns them and a larger chain of grocery stores are getting their deliveries!)

This whole virus thing I truly believe was set in motion to disrupt a major political election year!

Stay Home Please. Thank You!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're going to postpone our early April trip to hopefully end of May.
2+ months of social distancing and other measures should be able to tell officials if they're working.
I think the US is about 2 months behind China and other asian countries.

This virus is moving West instead of the usual East pattern of past viruses.

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
You might find this recent article helpful.
- https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/14/heal...19-flu-comparison-frieden-analysis/index.html

Here are some of the highlights from the article
Covid-19 is more likely to kill than flu. On average, about 1 in 1,000 people who get flu die from it -- mostly the elderly and people with underlying health conditions, but flu sometimes kills healthy young people and pregnant women. We don't know the precise case fatality ratio for Covid-19 because of incomplete testing of possible cases and insufficient information about outbreaks. But so far, Covid-19 appears much deadlier than seasonal flu, and quite possibly deadlier than the flu pandemics of 1957 and 1968, each of which killed more than 1 million people around the world. Those pandemics had estimated case fatality ratios far below 1% -- and Covid-19 may kill more than 1 in 100 people who get sick with it.
And there is a fundamental difference in how flu and Covid-19 kill. Many deaths from flu are caused by secondary bacterial pneumonia and heart attacks that develop after the flu has weakened someone's resistance. With Covid-19, most deaths are caused by acute respiratory distress syndrome(ARDS), which causes already-damaged lungs to fill with fluid, and makes breathing difficult. Unlike pneumonia, there is no pharmaceutical treatment for ARDS. That is why a potential shortage of ventilators is so dangerous: They are the last-ditch supportive treatment for Covid-19 while the body heals itself.
No treatment. There are not yet any medications that can be used to treat Covid-19, although clinical trials are currently underway and being accelerated. For flu, Tamiflu and other antiviral drugs shorten the duration of illness and reduce symptom severity if started within two days of symptom onset. This is important, even if antivirals are not as effective as antibiotics: Less-severe flu symptoms reduce the need for intensive care and reduce the risk of death.
No immunity. Because Covid-19 is caused by a novel virus, it is likely that there is no natural immunity to it, unlike the flu. In most years, some percentage of the population will be resistant to flu infection and less likely to become severely ill from that year's flu strains because they previously had a similar strain of the flu or were vaccinated against it. That retained immunity can reduce the severity of flu symptoms. During the 2009 H1N1 flu pandemic, people over age 35 generally did not get severe illness because of partial immunity, which may have been from previous infection with a similar strain. During the 1918 flu pandemic, older people appear to have been less likely to become ill and die because of past immunity.
Covid-19 is more infectious and more deadly than flu. We have fewer tools and no natural immunity. And, we know much less about how to fight it. That's why it's even more important to take protective measures. Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly, avoid touching surfaces to the extent possible, cover your coughs, and stay home if you're feeling ill -- the same recommendations we give to people to avoid getting and spreading the flu.
Specifically for Covid-19, actions of universities and workplaces are closing and allowing telecommuting and distance learning make sense. Medically vulnerable people need to keep a safe distance from others. Nursing homes need to do everything possible to prevent Covid-19 from entering their doors -- either by visitors or staff. Large public gatherings need to be cancelled or radically altered; the NCAA and NBA are taking the right steps to limit contact, which will help flatten the epidemic curve and reduce the chance of a sharp spike in cases that could overwhelm health care facilities. Actions that delay cases allow us to better manage our health care resources -- which could be stretched to the breaking point if cases surge dramatically -- and give us more time to develop effective treatments to prevent the worst complications.
Finally, most people who get flu or Covid-19 do well; 80 or 90% of those infected with the novel virus have mild, moderate or no symptoms. However many people die from it, this will be too many. Although the coronavirus pandemic will certainly get worse before it gets better, it will get better. And even at the worst of the coronavirus pandemic, many people (no one knows what proportion) won't get infected, and, of those who do get infected, 99 out of 100 will recover. So, it's responsible to be proactive now to limit the harms of Covid-19, but it's also good to keep in mind that this, too, will pass.
By taking these actions on both a personal and societal level, we give ourselves the best chance to mitigate the impact of Covid-19. It's too late now to prevent this coronavirus from spreading in our communities, but by working together to limit and slow that spread, we can save lives.

No one is talking about how effective high doses of Vitamin C and IV Vitamin C for treatment in the mainstream media and the country’s (USA) talking-head for this virus, even though he has told others off camera about it and that he takes it himself.

The main reason that Vitamin C protocol is not being mentioned, is Big Pharma can’t make any money off of this, so they insist on developing a vaccine that will be way too late for this round!

I’m so sick of the lies our government tells us! (In case you weren’t aware, the CDC make big money off vaccines and is traded on the stock market. They also give doctors bonuses for full compliance of vaccinations for their patients! This is why we have so many vaccines given out and a much unhealthier population of kids growing up, not to mention the mono-cropping that depletes our souls of nutrients and the GMO junk that is in almost everything nowadays!)

I eat 98% Organic to stay as healthy as I can, otherwise with my various conditions, I would be wheelchair/bed-bound!

(Rant over!)

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am supposed to take a Tradewinds cruise in Fiji in May. I already paid for the cruise and the airfare on Fiji air. I doubt that Tradewinds and Fiji Air will be giving any credits. I am not planning on going and prepared to lose close to $5,000. In addition, we are supposed to close on a house in about a week. It is too late to cancel without losing our deposit. This is a substantial loss (I am embarrassed to say how much) but I can’t see getting into a bigger mortgage and putting down a substantial down payment - this is the SF Bay Area so you can only imagine how expensive this house is. I am scared to move forward with all the bad economic news and what is happening in the stock market and with my business falling apart. So we are already having significant economic fall out, unfortunately.

They are doing virtual closings and even house-hunting now, do you don’t have to have contact with anyone, and the agent does all the work for you alone!

Thank You for not traveling, hope you had travel insurance. Hopefully this will blow over by the time your trip would be and you would be able to go, but do look into getting credit or refunds. More companies are being gracious about this.

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a new home. We were planning to move back to Los Gatos and sell the home in Point Richmond. Now this seems like the wrong time. I am not sure we could sell the other home now. We would be owning three homes at once if we go through with the new purchase. It is a hard decision because we want to move back to Los Gatos because the commute is not working out from Point Richmond. So I am so I torn. But housing prices will also be falling so we would probably be overpaying for the new home in Los Gatos. I feels like it is a no win.

Best of luck with your decisions on this! (Homes are still selling like crazy in the Mid Atlantic region...I keep track, since I’m a former Realtor, plus looking for the right time to put our home on the market. We never recovered from the last crash and will break even on our mortgage, but we will probably be a couple years out still. I want to be back home in Michigan near family so bad!)

tleonard

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We traveled to Tucson with Diamond Resorts - to go hiking. Very interest that Wyndham canceled all reservations for March but Diamond did not.

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I kind of doubt that any of us will be traveling in the next few weeks as regions get quarantined. Part of me thinks this is very odd.

Bill

Hawaii has been talking about quarantining all inbound travelers for 2 weeks!
Let’s see how well that goes over with the people getting stuck in military facilities when they run out of hotel rooms!

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
Rocky Mountain National Park is now closed, and so are all short term accommodations in Estes Valley Area effective 3/23/20. Stay home, stay safe!

plpgma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm-Aire
My wife and I were planning to go to the beach (Ocean City, MD) for a few days beginning April 3 -- it's just a three hour drive for us and something that we do from time to time on the off season. Of course, we are now very skeptical that this trip will go on as planned -- not because of the virus (re: we'll be staying at a beachfront hotel and spending most of our time on the balcony watching the waves), but because there may not be anyone around to buy things from! (That is a very shallow and self-absorbed concern.)

riderLise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Trinidad, San Clemente Inn, Paniolo Greens, Vacation Village at Parkway
We left for New Zealand on March 11 for a week, had planned to continue to Australia for 2 weeks, one of those to visit family. Cancelled Australia when the goverment closed borders & extended New Zealand a week- we feel pretty safe here. We've rebooked return to US for March 28 as last flights out of NZ to US are on the 30th. Lots of activities here are closing this week, last week everything was operating & booked, this week not so much.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
No one is talking about how effective high doses of Vitamin C and IV Vitamin C for treatment in the mainstream media and the country’s (USA) talking-head for this virus, even though he has told others off camera about it and that he takes it himself.

The main reason that Vitamin C protocol is not being mentioned, is Big Pharma can’t make any money off of this, so they insist on developing a vaccine that will be way too late for this round!

I’m so sick of the lies our government tells us! (In case you weren’t aware, the CDC make big money off vaccines and is traded on the stock market. They also give doctors bonuses for full compliance of vaccinations for their patients! This is why we have so many vaccines given out and a much unhealthier population of kids growing up, not to mention the mono-cropping that depletes our souls of nutrients and the GMO junk that is in almost everything nowadays!)

I eat 98% Organic to stay as healthy as I can, otherwise with my various conditions, I would be wheelchair/bed-bound!

(Rant over!)

Whoa... take a deep breath and relax :coffee:

Don’t worry. Folks are looking at all options. I just found several articles via a google search on “covid-19 vitamin c”. There are several YouTube videos as well. ;)

Can Vitamin C Prevent and Treat Coronavirus? - https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=228745

Why vitamin C won't 'boost' your immune system against the coronavirus - https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-vitamin-c-myth.html

“...Some scientists are testing if vitamin C could alleviate symptoms and improve outcomes for patients with COVID-19 — if given in a high enough dose. Researchers at Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University launched a clinical trial with 140 patients in February to test whether ultrahigh doses of vitamin C, delivered intravenously, could treat the viral infection more effectively than a placebo. The test group will receive infusions twice a day for seven days, with each infusion containing 12g of vitamin C. (The daily recommendation for an adult man is only 90mg.)
The trial will be completed in September, and no results are yet available, according to ClinicalTrials.gov. In the meantime, Chinese scientists have launched dozens of other clinical trials as well, testing everything from antivirals to antibody therapies to traditional Chinese medicines. “

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think we all need to be careful in judging others for what we may perceive to be a poor decision, where they are not doing something against the advice of public health officials. If someone is acting against the advice of public health officials, have at them. (like the idiot on the Jet Blue flight).

My hubby works (from home) in the healthcare industry, and made me wear those purple medical gloves when I made a quick run to our local grocery store and drug store to pick up things he would never be able to find for me since I’m 98% organic and we eat totally different food.

(I may have multiple medical issues, but my immune system isn’t compromised like his is from the junk he eats and all the meds he takes because of his eating habits...we both look and act healthier than most people people around 60 (and younger), we know!

You would never know anything is wrong with me if you saw me...it starts with Fibromyalgia and multiple issues that go along with it, but I manage well by my healthy eating and supplements...I only have to take one script, the other two if really needed, actually I really don’t have to take the first one unless needed, but it’s covering several minor issues that are bothering me at times.

I was in shock to see no dairy, meat, produce on the shelves! I only couldn’t get 3 fill ins on our list. (I did get the last bunch of organic garlic! Usually it’s no fun texting photos back and forth on what the store has on a normal full stocked store, since he does majority of the shopping.)

My hubby did 24 years in the Army (retired 2005), and worked in hospitals, so he knows the drill on everything, plus I was surprised to see his emergency backpack out, since he was on the CERT team for our large city, plus was a Red Cross volunteer. So if the “you know what” hits the fan, he’s ready...plus he also cleaned the guns for worst case scenario!
(My concern is that our government is going to try and pull a Marshall Law order, they already have us so well trained at the airports and we obey like good little Sheeple!
We should of seen through all the fake moves they have made, just to see how far they can take us!

(Yes, I’m sorry or all the lives that were lost in 9/11, but all at the hands of our government, the real terrorists in all these mass killings! My cousin saw things firsthand and questioned them several times beforehand, only to get locked up in a mental institution several times for a short while. He actually did see the second tower come down as he was on the ferry back to NJ.)

Needless to say I don’t trust our government, and I seriously believe this virus is a giant ploy to affect a major political election year!

I live in one of the largest military areas in the Mid-Atlantic area, so they aren’t going to touch us, since they need their troops...it’s the outlying areas that will get affected first.
That’s when I’ll panic!

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was listening to a reporter yesterday that was saying you might want to be deciding who you want to ride this out with NOW and get there, that travel among states may become restricted very soon. Hunker for months.

There are some that think we will see citizens erecting barricades between states. Like, we knocked it out, we're healthy, you stay out.

Seems extreme and unthinkable, but, ya know, People.

I'm in Indy and actually think we may be overflow for other states due to our mass of hospital systems, reasonably dense population, plenty of old farmland and vacant buildings, plus fast and easy access from a lot of nearby cities (like Chicago). The Chicago/Indy Amtrack could be the sick train. As a convention city, we have a lot of hotels, some could be quarantine zones or visiting doctor space, etc. this would be the only reason I see to bail out hotels, which I do not otherwise see as critical infrastructure.

Not sure we know about re-infection but since this has become a State Run issue, states will monitor their citizens, their containment. closing borders aides in that data collection and spread control.

I've been pretty lucky in my life, I'm ok with giving up some freedoms for the greater good. I did not fight for those rights, they were there for me when I was born. I can't bear the thought of losing a lot of veterans in this.

I’m surprised they haven’t tried closing the borders between states except for commerce.

At least the President lifted the ban on doctors being able to cross borders, which should of been done decades ago!

We all just need to use commonsense in all of this.

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what my son keeps telling me. Every 3 days the number of cases double. And so far he's been right. We ARE right on track with Italy. Apparently they were not proactive and many people died. Maybe we still have time to change this. I hope so.

In case you didn’t see my previous post on this, but that area of Italy that had the major death toll were mostly of Chinese decent and went home anyways knowing the virus was in full swing, for Chinese New Year. China should of closed its borders back then!

We just have to use commonsense in all of this.

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yup. The world is shutting out USA tourists.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk
It was the other way around. We shut our border with Canada first. We're preventing people from countries with worse rates of infection from coming here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Issue is still going to be citizens residents are allowed to return home and infect others. Seems total shutdowns are needed unless it is really important.

Too bad testing couldn’t comeback quicker and have enough supplies to be able to test everyone that are traveling home. (Non essential trips should be temporarily cancelled.)

If we could actually see the virus quickly under a microscope before a person is to arrive to an airport with self quarantine for a couple days before, this would be the only way to stop this from spreading further, but obviously the technology doesn’t seem to exist.

I know it would involve testing everyone before getting close to the airport...an impossible scenario at this point.

My wish is for all to stay healthy and safe during these trying times.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In case you didn’t see my previous post on this, but that area of Italy that had the major death toll were mostly of Chinese decent and went home anyways knowing the virus was in full swing, for Chinese New Year. China should of closed its borders back then!
Can you post the source of this information?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
(In case you weren’t aware, the CDC make big money off vaccines and is traded on the stock market. They also give doctors bonuses for full compliance of vaccinations for their patients! This is why we have so many vaccines given out and a much unhealthier population of kids growing up, not to mention the mono-cropping that depletes our souls of nutrients and the GMO junk that is in almost everything nowadays!)
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

CDC is traded on the Nasdaq. It is the ticker symbol for

VictoryShares US EQ Income Enhanced Volatility Wtd ETF

and obviously has nothing to do with the Center for Disease Control or vaccines.

What a nutcase.

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whoa... take a deep breath and relax :coffee:

Don’t worry. Folks are looking at all options. I just found several articles via a google search on “covid-19 vitamin c”. There are several YouTube videos as well. ;)

Can Vitamin C Prevent and Treat Coronavirus? - https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=228745

Why vitamin C won't 'boost' your immune system against the coronavirus - https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-vitamin-c-myth.html

“...Some scientists are testing if vitamin C could alleviate symptoms and improve outcomes for patients with COVID-19 — if given in a high enough dose. Researchers at Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University launched a clinical trial with 140 patients in February to test whether ultrahigh doses of vitamin C, delivered intravenously, could treat the viral infection more effectively than a placebo. The test group will receive infusions twice a day for seven days, with each infusion containing 12g of vitamin C. (The daily recommendation for an adult man is only 90mg.)
The trial will be completed in September, and no results are yet available, according to ClinicalTrials.gov. In the meantime, Chinese scientists have launched dozens of other clinical trials as well, testing everything from antivirals to antibody therapies to traditional Chinese medicines. “

I saw a very recent video from a doctor in Wuhan that is involved with the Vit C trial and things are working very well!

They are trying many drugs that are much more harmful to your body, but with little success. Big Pharma wants to make money, which they can’t with Vitamin C, and the CDC is big on vaccines because they make money off those too!

My bottomline is I hope they find something quickly that is proven to not harm, plus if your system is immune compromised, don’t travel like all those did in Italy (mostly Chinese for their New Year, during the full blown virus!)

China made a mistake by not closing their borders, and they knew about this virus for several months!

Last edited:

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants

(Rant over!)

Yup. Take more vitamin C!

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
It was the other way around. We shut our border with Canada first. We're preventing people from countries with worse rates of infection from coming here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Lol

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy your trip. Hopefully you get what you want out of it.
It was a nice getaway from the C-19 hysteria. I did not turn on the boob tube the whole time.

Still no symptoms of anything. Two trips to the dentist since returning, where they asked reasonable questions based on ADA guidelines and I passed the temperature check before the procedures.

The mountain counties I visited show no cases of Covid-19, versus the Big City I returned to. I guess I was not the 4th Horseman of the Apocalypse for the small towns where I vacationed. I did feel "safer" in the small towns, although that is probably irrational. And there was definitely a better selection in the grocery stores versus the Big City.

As for social distancing activities, it is hard to beat telemark skiing. No one within at least a thousand feet.

Attachments

• Ultimate Social Distancing.jpg
    Ultimate Social Distancing.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 5

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That pic looks like where i am currently, in Whistler BC through Diamond Resorts (home of 2010 Olympics) ... hundreds in town instead of thousands, peaceful hiking.
2d729386555415e7c5c9cda075c875d2.jpg

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Duplicate

Last edited: