• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Martial Law.....

Brett

Reaction score
Was this Bob Gun Store, on Granby St. this is where I would purchase all my weapons and ammunition. Great store.

I don't know, it was just a local TV news story. It was the interviews that got my attention
People buying guns and ammo for the coming Armageddon

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Time to binge watch all the Mad Max / Mel Gibson movies .
watch & learn .

[FYI ; I think it was oil/ gas / fuel - not toilet paper that was the hoarding focus
& right now the world has more than enough oil - so no immediate worries .]

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Canada did this in 1970 during our Quebec based civil war. Canadian Prime Minister said a few days ago he will do it again. Basically a suspension of rights and freedoms, jail on a whim, etc.
"Just watch me." - Pierre Trudeau

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't the governments (local, state and federal) realize that the panic is going to kill more people than the virus? Every single action has made people more and more scared. I wonder if those that jumped to buy toilet paper first were actually not part of groups that knew there was a plan that would develop this way.

The sticker price, so far, is 2 trillion dollars (excluding of course the 30 trillion dollars lost in the markets). In the absence of the virus, I wounder how many lives could be saved if 2 trillion dollars were spent on health care.

Additional though and I am not telling people to disobey orders and recommendations by the way: government bureaucrats are telling businesses to close and stay home, potentially losing everything while they collect 100% of the paycheques. Talking about shared sacrifice.

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
Strange times we're in. There are reports that kids here are supposedly going into grocery stores and coughing directly on the fresh fruit and vegetables on purpose. I may be old now but I don't ever remember a time when I would have thought that was fun or funny.
No, not funny. Same people that licked ice cream and put it back?? I'd ask the store to roll tape and grab those kids up, take em down to central booking and scare the hell out of them. Slap an ankle monitor on them and confine to home, call em on parole. If they left home, I'd actually book em.

Reactions: Tia

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Don't the governments (local and federal) realize that the panic is going to kill more people than the virus? Every single action has made people more and more scared.
YES YES YES. THIS. You should have seen the person in tears at Target last night because she had mistakenly bought ibuprofen, "and they say that you need Tylenol for this virus." Calmed her down the best I could, found Tylenol, and sent her on her way. The fear and isolation get to people, especially those that don't have good support systems in the first place. I'm spending my time at Target making eye contact with everyone I can. I don't approach very close, and I'm washing my hands a TON...but if I'm going to go down, then that's how I'll do it. Taking care of my fellow humans and loving on them the best way I know how. I'm cautious, but I steadfastly refuse to panic.

[Reply text extracted from quote]

Last edited by a moderator:

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Don't the governments (local, state and federal) realize that the panic is going to kill more people than the virus? Every single action has made people more and more scared. I wonder if those that jumped to buy toilet paper first were actually not part of groups that knew there was a plan that would develop this way.

The sticker price, so far, is 2 trillion dollars (excluding of course the 30 trillion dollars lost in the markets). In the absence of the virus, I wounder how many lives could be saved if 2 trillion dollars were spent on health care.

Additional though and I am not telling people to disobey orders and recommendations by the way: government bureaucrats are telling businesses to close and stay home, potentially losing everything while they collect 100% of the paycheques. Talking about shared sacrifice.
This is why there is a discussion in another thread on the need to develop a plan (for future use if needed because it is too late now) on how to properly shutdown the country if this kind of isolation is needed again. Chances are that plan will be needed at some point.

For those interested, it is this thread....

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Far more likely that they are media helicopters. There's no traffic so the trafficopters are looking for something to report.
They aren't media and they aren't black. I searched images on Google to try to find what they are. The closest thing I can come up with is that the are private helicopters. They look much like the one Kobe Bryant was killed in.

Meanwhile, here's a picture that was sent to me last night of downtown San Diego.
sandiego0320.jpg

The Disney Wonder is docked in town. I heard that some of the cruise ships are going to be used for hospital rooms. Not sure if that is the case for San Diego, but if so, maybe I'll get to be on the Disney Wonder next month like I've been planning for a year.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
When this is over, who exactly would want to travel on a cruise ship that was used as a hospital?

Brett

Reaction score
No, not funny. Same people that licked ice cream and put it back?? I'd ask the store to roll tape and grab those kids up, take em down to central booking and scare the hell out of them. Slap an ankle monitor on them and confine to home, call em on parole. If they left home, I'd actually book em.

right, if they actually exist ;)

all sorts of rumors, and "reportedly said" tales of strange things in these pandemic times

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Disney Wonder is docked in town. I heard that some of the cruise ships are going to be used for hospital rooms. Not sure if that is the case for San Diego, but if so, maybe I'll get to be on the Disney Wonder next month like I've been planning for a year.

The Wonder is there because it was scheduled to start a stint out of San Diego yesterday. I know this because I was planning to be on it :(

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
When this is over, who exactly would want to travel on a cruise ship that was used as a hospital?

The article that I read in relation to Carnival offering up their empty ships was to hold people that needed medical attention, but did not have any contagious disease.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

RMS - Queen Elizabeth 1 was built in 1938 / Entered service for troop transportation. in1940
and returned to it’s original purpose in 1946.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Canada did this in 1970 during our Quebec based civil war. Canadian Prime Minister said a few days ago he will do it again. Basically a suspension of rights and freedoms, jail on a whim, etc.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk
And so it begins again..

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Maryland National Guard service members are dedicated to
serving our communities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic!

" To our friends and neighbors - there is not a threat of martial law. "

When you see a Maryland National Guard Humvee on your street or service member(s) setting up tents, know we are providing a services to someone in need!

Whether it's providing transportation support, delivering much needed supplies, or setting up health screening stations - we are working for you!

Facebook
Maryland National Guard

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Rumors....I stress RUMORS are starting to fly around that the US may impose this weekend.
I didn't even know what it was, had to look up.

Basically .. Law enforcement by military.
National guard, tanks and troops have moved into some larger cities. Trains transporting hundreds of tanks rolling into NJ and i heard near Chicago yesterday and this photo taken in NYC

My brother lives in NJ and there are tanks positioned at certain intersections near testing sites. On Long Island there are the same. They will be placed to maintain order so things don’t get out of control. In Europe you have to fill out a form explaining why you are out of the house. I hope we don’t have that, my printer just broke, I won’t be able to fill out any forms lol.

5B24D3D9-9E49-4776-B89A-83848C94E979.jpeg

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
"Just watch me." - Pierre Trudeau
Love it! I still remember our civil war of 1970, and the surrendering terrorists coming out of their underground cave on national tv. Easier to do in Canada and the other western democracies though than USA lol, Texas would say f u .

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Love it! I still remember our civil war of 1970, and the surrendering terrorists coming out of their underground cave on national tv. Easier to do in Canada and the other western democracies though than USA lol, Texas would say f u .

Where is Joe Bob Briggs when you really need him?

Reactions: DrQ

Brett

Reaction score

Virginia (rural) might be the same !;)

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score

First of all, the October Crisis that happened in 1970 in Quebec was not a Quebec based civil war.
The War Measures Act, which has been invoked three times in Canada’s history—during the First and Second World Wars and most recently by Mr. Trudeau’s father, Pierre Trudeau, in 1970 was in response to the kidnapping of James Cross, a British diplomat, and the kidnapping and murder of a Quebec provincial cabinet minister Pierre Laporte, by the Front de libération du Québec (FLQ).
This War Measures Act has now been repealed and replaced in 1988, by the Emergencies Act.

The Emergencies Act differs from the War Measures Act in two important ways:
  1. A declaration of an emergency by the Cabinet must be reviewed by Parliament
  2. Any temporary laws made under the act are subject to the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Thus any attempt by the government to suspend the civil rights in Canada, even in an emergency, will be subject to the "reasonable and justified" test under section 1 of the Charter.

Our Prime Minister did not say he would use this act, but it is there to be used if necessary.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Strange times we're in. There are reports that kids here are supposedly going into grocery stores and coughing directly on the fresh fruit and vegetables on purpose. I may be old now but I don't ever remember a time when I would have thought that was fun or funny.

Like the ones that lick the ice cream at the store and put it back on the shelf.....

We washed all vegetables and fruits with soap and water as soon as we brought them in. (We wiped down the wagon with lysol wipes/have gloves before and after and wipe all our groceries with the lysol wipes before putting them away).

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Don't the governments media (local state and federal national) realize that the panic is going to kill more people than the virus?

There, I fixed it! Let's put the blame where it belongs.

• Love
Reactions: Tia

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Canada isn't limited by the US Constitution.

geekette

Reaction score
right, if they actually exist ;)

all sorts of rumors, and "reportedly said" tales of strange things in these pandemic times
Yes, but I want to set a precedent for copy cats.