• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Martial Law.....

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rumors....I stress RUMORS are starting to fly around that the US may impose this weekend.
I didn't even know what it was, had to look up.

Basically .. Law enforcement by military.

Brett

Reaction score
Rumors....I stress RUMORS are starting to fly around that the US may impose this weekend.

and just where are these "rumors" coming from?
I've been to Lowe's and Walmart today .... everything looked normal - people shopping. I bought everything I needed.
No black helicopters
Walmart even had toilet paper ! :D

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I can say that Target team members have been given paperwork today that verifies that we are "essential workers." There is a phone number on the paperwork for law enforcement to call. Yes, I would say that martial law is a distinct possibility.

Reactions: Tia

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Not to be picky, but.... It's Martial Law, NOT Marshall! HAHAHA

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah Thurgood would not like be associated with this decision. Even though it has been 17 years since he died.
Or even George.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
ummm, if you’re gonna spread rumors, it’s martial law...

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

Check this out, don't be laughing imho
From what I've heard the military is being called in to assist, not to enforce. As the governor of New York was saying the military is ALWAYS called in for national emergencies. Read the article.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Activating the National Guard and Martial Law are 2 different things. DS was activated for the last Hurricane in Texas......they help with logistics, rescue, any number of things. They are extra bodies in an emergency. These kinds of rumors are not helpful and just add to the panic.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Or even George.
You beat me to it!

images

...but of course, it is Thorogood.....

On a totally unrelated note now - although this was nearly 30 years ago, I can still hear and feel the music of George Thorogood and the Destroyers to this day. There was no warm up with George. Literally, the entire band comes out and from the 1st note we are being blasted with magnificent guitar.. It was a spectacular performance - no show needed because the music did the talking. One of the simplest stage setups I have ever seen. Plain. Nothing got in the way. Loud. Outstanding.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

How did you look it up if you can't spell it?

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But to get back into the spirit of this thread, we do need a modern day Marshall Plan.....

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Google makes inaccuracy the norm.

One would think that in the process of looking it up, he would have learned how to spell it.

geekette

Reaction score
Our state guard was activated weeks ago. They are so far managing logistics, getting this there, that over here.... They might also be helping to get food to the infirm and homebound.

Military is not just for fighting. They lead our sandbagging efforts, too, when our rivers threaten residences.

In Italy, they are performing a very grim task, that I hope they will not have to do here.

geekette

Reaction score
Sen Chuck Schumer has requested Marshall Plan for hospitals. Maybe that's the misunderstanding that led to rumor.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
While Martial Law can not be ruled out. it will not be invoked unless this gets so bad it leads to civil unrest.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One would think that in the process of looking it up, he would have learned how to spell it.
That's the problem with Google these days, Jim. I deal with it when my elementary students attempt research on a simple topic. Today's technology has conditioned students not to worry with actual learning because if you get in the general area of a correct spelling, they believe Google always points them to what they intended. Write it down??!?? Can't be bothered with that says the look on their faces....

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
While Martial Law can not be ruled out. it will not be invoked unless this gets so bad it leads to civil unrest.

There are other corrective forces at work addressing that possibility.....

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

I have a friend in another state who posted on Facebook a few days ago, repeating all the fear and panic rhetoric, asking where he could buy rifle ammunition in his area. He's drinking the Kool-Aid and getting ready for the apocalypse. I'm afraid someone is going to get hurt, or worse, through all of this.

It's one thing to stay safe and be prepared to protect yourself, but another thing altogether to contribute to unease in an already stressed population. I really appreciate that one Seattle TV station has an unbiased ongoing campaign of "Facts Not Fear" through all of this. They want people to be informed, not afraid.

Dave

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

He is a she and spelling has NEVER been a strength! I have corrected the title.

I told you I didn't even know what it meant. I googled Marshall read the definition and clicked off. I just did it again smart google apparently knew what I was asking because they changed the results to Martial and I didn't notice. You guys and gals are tough today.

Massachusetts has activated the national guard.

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score

OMG, they are going to shoot the covid-19 virus when they see it coming. LOL. Just too idiotic.