• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When cancelling make sure correct points are credited

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I recently needed to cancel two upcoming weeks that I had insurance on. Online the first week it did not have the icon to cancel. The second week did but when I went to cancel it only was giving me half my points stating because it had insurance I saved half my points. I was supposed to get my full points back. I had to call to get them cancel correctly.

bobwenzel

TUG Member
Reaction score
MARRIOTT POINTS AND CANCELLATION DURING CORONAVIRUS EPIDEMIC

JUST TALKED WITH MARRIOTT AND THEY SAID THEY ARE NOT CHANGING THEIR CANCELLATION POLICY, NATIONAL CRISIS OR NOT (DAMN THE FOOLS THAT BOUGHT INTO THEIR SYSTEM. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT ARE THEIR POLICIES AND ARE VERY UN-AMERICAN IF YOU ASK ME!

MARRIOTT OWNERS PLEASE CALL MARRIOTT VACATION CLUB AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THEIR POLICY FOR POINT USERS DURING THIS EPIDEMIC!
I WAS ABLE TO CANCEL MY VACATIONS FOR THE UPCOMING STAGE COACH FESTIVAL BUT COULD NOT REBOOK FOR THE NEW OCTOBER DATE< SINCE MY POINTS NOW CAN ONLY BE USED WITHIN 60 DAYS OF THE BOOKING.
IS MARRIOTT REALLY A US COMPANY AND DOES REALLY CARE ABOUT US OWNERS?
MY COMPANY DEALS WITH CLIENTS WORLD WIDE AND WE"RE WORKING FROM HOME THE REST OF THIS MONTH TO MINIMIZE EMPLOYEE EXPOSURE.
WHY CAN MARRIOTT HELP OUT OUR NATION?
BOB

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score

JUST TALKED WITH MARRIOTT AND THEY SAID THEY ARE NOT CHANGING THEIR CANCELLATION POLICY, NATIONAL CRISIS OR NOT (DAMN THE FOOLS THAT BOUGHT INTO THEIR SYSTEM. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT ARE THEIR POLICIES AND ARE VERY UN-AMERICAN IF YOU ASK ME!

MARRIOTT OWNERS PLEASE CALL MARRIOTT VACATION CLUB AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THEIR POLICY FOR POINT USERS DURING THIS EPIDEMIC!
I WAS ABLE TO CANCEL MY VACATIONS FOR THE UPCOMING STAGE COACH FESTIVAL BUT COULD NOT REBOOK FOR THE NEW OCTOBER DATE< SINCE MY POINTS NOW CAN ONLY BE USED WITHIN 60 DAYS OF THE BOOKING.
MY COMPANY DEALS WITH CLIENTS WORLD WIDE AND WE"RE WORKING FROM HOME THE REST OF THIS MONTH TO MINIMIZE EMPLOYEE EXPOSURE.
BOB

Very difficult to even read with the ALL CAPS ON, but I'm not getting your issue here. Has the resort you planned to stay at closed? If not, why would they change a long standing policy?

FYI - this is a HGVC thread, not Marriott

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
And I will add that, for someone who joined almost 3 years ago, this is an interesting first message :)

Cheers.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Thanks @Panina for the reminder. I started doing that after I had an issue with points after cancelling a reservation several years ago.

Mrs.SLLP

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC: Presidential Level

BOB
Bob, we are also monitoring Marriott Vacation Club's cancellation policies during this serious time. Since you posted your comment, this has evolved into a global crisis. Some U.S. school systems have closed for the remainder of the school year; others temporarily -- for now. Funeral directors are capping the number of mourners who can attend services to 50. Where we live, stores are telling customers that they have sold out of tissue paper. I am holding off cancelling April reservations to an Orlando resort. More than 5,000 points for three units are involved. As of today, Marriott has updated its website to advise that cancellations outside of its normal window of 61 days will still be placed in a holding account, but the time to book out again with those points has been extended to 120 days instead of the usual 60. That is unacceptable. Disney, on the other hand, has posted that it will not restrict its members points to a holding account. Public health officials have acknowledged that they don't know when the country can anticipate some degree of normalcy. It is unfortunate that Marriott Vacation Club touts itself as the premier brand in the timeshare industry, but once again for me, falls short when it comes to client satisfaction.

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
We cancelled our trip to San Antonio for next week. Our 160,000 Hhonors points were refunded within five minutes. My MVC vacation to the Palm Beaches was made via an II exchange. Fortunately, we have eplus and trip insurance. Unfortunately, communication with II has been difficult. They advise me to speak to a lawyer rather than answer my question regarding our options at this time.

Last edited:

Mrs.SLLP

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC: Presidential Level
We cancelled our trip to San Antonio or next week. Our 160,000 Hhonors points were refunded within five minutes. My MVC vacation to the Palm Beaches was made via an II exchange. Fortunately, we have eplus and trip insurance. Unfortunately, communication with II has been difficult. They advise me to speak to a lawyer rather than answer my question regarding our options at this time.
Pianodinosaur, I am sorry you can't travel as planned, but glad the Hilton Honors points will be there when you are able to regroup. Not being able to travel is disappointing enough. As for the MVC vacation, I have found myself thinking I don't need to pay the extra money for trip insurance. After this, I won't hesitate again. It is truly unfortunate that the communication between Interval on behalf of Marriott had to go there. The company will have to overhaul its system for me to ever hold it in high regard again. I hope your vacationing will be happy and relaxing when all of this clears. Take care.