• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dealing with covid 19 in our community

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
No surprise to me is that covid 19 has made it to our community. We are close enough to Seattle that it just seemed a matter of time. How it made it here is interesting. It was a square dance out in a country grange type building. I thought it would have been a basket ball tournament or some other large gathering that caused this to spread but nope, it was square dancers, lol.

Currently, we are still dealing with covid 19 as an if instead of an is. I hope it stays an if. Precautions for us so far include not attending certain functions, not visiting with the school aged kids in our family and maybe adjusting travel plans.

Other reports on the Kirkland nursing home quarantine suggest that with this virus you can go from no symptoms to death in a few hours.

Bill

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
No surprise to me is that covid 19 has made it to our community. We are close enough to Seattle that it just seemed a matter of time. How it made it here is interesting. It was a square dance out in a country grange type building. I thought it would have been a basket ball tournament or some other large gathering that caused this to spread but nope, it was square dancers, lol.

Currently, we are still dealing with covid 19 as an if instead of an is. I hope it stays an if. Precautions for us so far include not attending certain functions, not visiting with the school aged kids in our family and maybe adjusting travel plans.

Other reports on the Kirkland nursing home quarantine suggest that with this virus you can go from no symptoms to death in a few hours.

Bill
Have they determined the source of the virus & how it got into the nursing home population? Did an infected visitor bring it in or was it an employee?

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have they determined the source of the virus & how it got into the nursing home population? Did an infected visitor bring it in or was it an employee?

I don't know exactly how this person was infected but the infected person went to two square dance functions possibly infecting many people that live in the area. I do know the person that brought it to Central Washington was in the area near Seattle that has the outbreak. Interesting is that the hotels in Central Washington are being filled with people from King County who are fleeing Corona Virus. The epicenter is Kirkland at a nursing home. The Travel Lodge in downtown Kirkland is now a quarantine center. They painted the Travel Lodge sign black.

Bill

DancingWaters

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just read that the corona virus is in Ohio. It’s across the state from where I live. 2 of them came back from a cruise and the 3rd one had been to Washington DC. I haven’t stocked up on any staples but I did order masks and gloves. Guess, I may want to get shopping

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So the square dance groups that may have been affected by covid-19 were asked to go get tested after one member of the group went to the hospital. A member of this group died shortly after presumably from covid-19. The time line was kind of fast, imo. The first exposure was Feb 22. This info comes from a contractors salesman whose father is in the group of square dancers. It looks like 10 or 12 days from contact to death.

The testing done on the infected people was not verified by the CDC so that is why it is presumed the person had covid-19.

Bill

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
So the square dance groups that may have been affected by covid-19 were asked to go get tested after one member of the group went to the hospital. A member of this group died shortly after presumably from covid-19. The time line was kind of fast, imo. The first exposure was Feb 22. This info comes from a contractors salesman whose father is in the group of square dancers. It looks like 10 or 12 days from contact to death.

The testing done on the infected people was not verified by the CDC so that is why it is presumed the person had covid-19.

Bill
Rumors spread quickly. Until it is confirmed it is possible this person passed away from something else but because he was part of the group exposed they presume from the virus.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know exactly how this person was infected but the infected person went to two square dance functions possibly infecting many people that live in the area. I do know the person that brought it to Central Washington was in the area near Seattle that has the outbreak. Interesting is that the hotels in Central Washington are being filled with people from King County who are fleeing Corona Virus. The epicenter is Kirkland at a nursing home. The Travel Lodge in downtown Kirkland is now a quarantine center. They painted the Travel Lodge sign black.

Bill

I was hoping that they had managed to keep it on the west side of the cascades. They have us on teleworking and restricted our dept from doing any inspections in King or Snohomish counties.

As it spreads they will start restricting working in counties with outbreaks.

I have heard stories of confirmed cases in Spokane but nothing official ( other than those brought in off the cruise ship and quarantined at Sacred Heart Hospital). There were news stories of some Gonzaga folks possibly having it but so far just rumors. Here is the link to the official stats for Washington State.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have heard stories of confirmed cases in Spokane but nothing official ( other than those brought in off the cruise ship and quarantined at Sacred Heart Hospital). There were news stories of some Gonzaga folks possibly having it but so far just rumors. Here is the link to the official stats for Washington State.

Novel Coronavirus Outbreak 2020 :: Washington State Department of Health

Thanks for the link. I can see no one in our county with official covid 19 as of now. No deaths either. Even so, the newspaper reported that there are people testing positive for covid 19 in our county.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rumors spread quickly. Until it is confirmed it is possible this person passed away from something else but because he was part of the group exposed they presume from the virus.

I hope it is a rumor but I have a feeling covid 19 is here. I actually asked if this 4th hand info about the death was legit and was told who told who. I know three of the who's involved and they wouldn't be saying this if they didn't think it was fact.

Bill

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I hope it is a rumor but I have a feeling covid 19 is here. I actually asked if this 4th hand info about the death was legit and was told who told who. I know three of the who's involved and they wouldn't be saying this if they didn't think it was fact.

Bill
Unfortunately even if a rumor others will not be. I agree with you the virus is here, not just by you.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Was this person that expired in the risk age category 60 and older ?

Sounds liked this Coronavirus does not like young people under the age of 30 years of old.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Was this person that expired in the risk age category 60 and older ?

Sounds liked this Coronavirus does not like young people under the age of 30 years of old.

I didn't ask any questions. Just listened and thought bummer. The local health district is reporting no cases of covid-19 in our county. The newspaper is reporting that all of the people that were at the square dance center from Feb 22 are being tested locally. The newspaper is also reporting that the infected person came from the county to our north.

If one of the attendee's of the square dance group did die from covid 19 it hasn't been reported in the newspaper or by the local health district. I worked on the square dance building about 20 years ago. Back then it was like a senior center so regarding age group I think 70 - 80.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Today we officially have two people with Covid 19. One in the 60's and one in the 80's. Our county has declared a " State of Emergency". I think they did this to receive Federal help. Both people went home.

Bill

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Today we officially have two people with Covid 19. One in the 60's and one in the 80's. Our county has declared a " State of Emergency". I think they did this to receive Federal help. Both people went home.

Bill
We have two in a county north of me and two in my county confirmed. What bothers me the most is we are informed of the county but not where within meaning the cases can be 5 minutes from me or 2 hours away.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
As of last night , we had 21 confirmed cases in our county. I am supposed to attend a professional meeting next Thursday and Friday. The hotel manager contacted the association president and said that they have concerns about hosting a group of school nurses from all over the state ( there are no confirmed cases in this county) and asked us to consider rescheduling.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
As the executive director of a bowling organization hosting a number of events from March 1 through May 15, this got real for us Wednesday as other events were taking strong actions . . . followed up by our Wisconsin Governor recommending cancellation of events with 250 or more people. This is the announcement we made yesterday afternoon, with more decisions to come early next week.

I will say it is not an easy position to be in, with people arguing/debating both sides of the issue. But at the end of the day, me along with our association's leadership is responsible to take the appropriate and prudent actions, given what knowledge we have day-to-day in a very fluid situation.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It is the group gatherings and potential uncontrolled and much larger transmission and further unintended distribution by current carriers that are unaware they are infected, that is the issue.

Restricting the rate of speed and distribution of the spread is what is currently required.

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
It is the group gatherings and potential uncontrolled and much larger transmission and further unintended distribution by current carriers that are unaware they are infected, that is the issue.
Yes. We have a confirmed case of the coronavirus in Sudbury who is a person who attended a mining convention in Toronto.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
So far no one in our SoCal County, however w/out testing, we really don’t know. Gov did institute a policy regarding large gatherings. All school events are cancelled. So far schools in my County are still in session. Not higher education though.
Friend in Iowa has 12 confirmed cases in her County.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
So far no one in our SoCal County, however w/out testing, we really don’t know. Gov did institute a policy regarding large gatherings. All school events are cancelled. So far schools in my County are still in session. Not higher education though.
Friend in Iowa has 12 confirmed cases in her County.
If they tested everyone who presented with sniffles or a headache the numbers would be skyrocketing.

geekette

Reaction score
If they tested everyone who presented with sniffles or a headache the numbers would be skyrocketing.
nobody with sniffles and headache is asking to be tested, nor would they be tested.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
nobody with sniffles and headache is asking to be tested, nor would they be tested.
Correct. If they were tested many would be tested positive.

NYC has conducted 2300 tests, 14% of those tested positive. Which means the other 86% presented with other conditions (flu, common cold, allergies, etc). If you take , let’s say roughly 30% of NYC residents who are experiencing some kind of symptom to the above mentioned illnesses, you’re left with around 2.5 million people with “something”. If you tested everyone and took the same 14% data set and applied that to those people, there can be approximately 35,000 positive cases in NYC already. Yes, it will continue to grow. Let’s just hope those experience mild to no symptoms and we can reduce transmission to keep our elderly and those with pre existing condisitons safe.

that’s not saying everyone should go about their daily routine feeling unwell. It’s just saying everyone needs to calm down and not be crazed when they see numbers double from 10-20 and so on. As testing becomes readily available more will be tested and more will be positive. Again, if they had the capabilities to test all those with symptoms in nyc today and receive those results today. The number would go from 328 to 35,000. Then watch the real pandemonium ensue. Meanwhile, that’s closer to the true number already. Knowledge is power but it is also debilitating.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have two in a county north of me and two in my county confirmed. What bothers me the most is we are informed of the county but not where within meaning the cases can be 5 minutes from me or 2 hours away.

I get this 100%. We live in a fairly large county with many small towns and one large city.

Bill