• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Costco and Coronavirus Panic-Shopping

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I am going to line outside Costco tomorrow before 10am to buy............. their rotisserie chicken. I had posted before that my husband hates rotisserie chicken. I turned a rotisserie chicken last week into chicken vegetable soup and he is begging for more. While I am there, I may pick up a bag of TP, just for the fun of it. ;) Have to keep up with the Joneses...

No, you need to buy multiple bricks of TP. It's the new Costco business model. LOL! :)

Dave

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Saw these on Facebook, thought they were too funny and had to share.

1583805410848.png

1583805578176.png

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got all the TP I need at Kroger, but I need some rotisserie chickens and a couple of jugs of Golden Margaritas from Costco! Might get sick, but I'll be fed and not care.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
This is even worse than the corona virus but luckily Costco can help!

1583856594946.png

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Our home (north of Toronto ON) community Facebook group page now has people posting which stores in the area have toilet paper in stock! We don't get home from our winter south for another 3 weeks and I have no idea how much tp was in the cupboard at home when we left. I do know there is a jumbo pack of paper towels in the basement that was purchased just before we left. :eek:

~Diane

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I do not know how much longer I will be able to control myself. I have the urge to go to Costco and load 2 pallets of TP into my Silverado.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I do not know how much longer I will be able to control myself. I have the urge to go to Costco and load 2 pallets of TP into my Silverado.
Don't forget the water!

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

Good luck finding those items. I went yesterday and the paper goods/water area was bare floor space with a sign reading: Limit 2 only stocked for opening time. It was eerie, no TP, tissues, or paper towels. The only water was alkaline, over $10 a case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Don't forget the water!

Maybe I can stack them. Two pallets of TP on the bottom and two pallets of Water on top. I will have Patti ride on on top of the load to protect it.

Oh no it is TEOTWAWKI.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Was at Costco yesterday morning. Needed to buy some TP and kleenex before I run out, but none to be had so I bought a case of paper towels and water instead :p. Water was limited to 2 per member but looking at some of the carts, the member apparently couldn't read :crash:. Paper towels were just about out. Will be so glad when this is over.

Ingrid

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m feeling good. Got my bidet thingy yesterday. Very little toilet paper need
I thought about one of those, but is the room-temp water an issue? Somehow cold water spraying 'there' seems like a deal killer. The fancy Toto deal we tried in a Japan hotel was warm and deee-lightful. So how 'bout a review?

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I thought about one of those, but is the room-temp water an issue? Somehow cold water spraying 'there' seems like a deal killer. The fancy Toto deal we tried in a Japan hotel was warm and deee-lightful. So how 'bout a review?

LOL! I thought the same but now that I have used it it really isn't that bad at all. That said, they do make one that has a line for a warm water hook up. You would have to have a sink close by to your toilet for it to work because it would tap off of that.

I just use it on low pressure or a little above because any stronger and the water can spray out from under you on a small bowl like ours. If you have a higher/larger toilet I assume that would not be an issue. Just make sure you are always sitting on the bowl when you turn it on or you will be showering the entire bathroom. Ha! Ha!

It does have another knob you can turn on to clean the nozzle. When you register it on line you get a 2 year warranty.

This model I got is called the Luxe Bidet and is $34 on Amazon.

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I am going to line outside Costco tomorrow before 10am to buy............. their rotisserie chicken. I had posted before that my husband hates rotisserie chicken. I turned a rotisserie chicken last week into chicken vegetable soup and he is begging for more. While I am there, I may pick up a bag of TP, just for the fun of it. ;) Have to keep up with the Joneses...
Can you share the recipe for this yummy soup?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
In our house, my grandparents house and a lot of other peoples houses when I was growing up you had a sponge or dishrag, a hand towel and a dish towel in the kitchen. If there was a big spill then you grabbed all of them to deal with it. When I married and was in charge of my own shopping, meaning I could buy whatever I thought we needed and could afford, I thought that paper towels were a somewhat recent thing and something many people saw as an unnecessary expense. I did buy them but wasn't excessive or wasteful in my use of them and am still that way.

When I married a second time to my now husband of 42 years as of St. Patrick's Day next week, I'd never seen one person use so many paper towels. Previously I had only bought a roll about once a month and was now going through a roll a week for just two people. He never reached for the sponge, dishrag or hand towel to do anything but always the paper towels and worse if one or two paper towels would do he used four or five. I was appalled at the wastefulness and had my work cut out to get him to not automatically reach for the paper towels every time and use fewer when he did. I like to think that I've been instrumental in saving at least several trees over the years. Lol.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you share the recipe for this yummy soup?
It is just something that I throw together on the fly, based on what I have in the fridge and freezer. Here it goes.
- One medium yellow or white onion, diced
- 8 tablespoons of pre-cooked bacon, Costco sells them in large bags, found on non-refrigerated shelves
- 5 large cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 boxes (32 oz each) of organic chicken stock - I normally get them at Trader Joe's. You can use the regular or low sodium ones. With low sodium stock you may want to add a bit of salt to the soup if you find that it needs salt at the end of the cooking process.
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 8 oz of roasted halved brussel sprouts (leftover from prior meal)
- 1 red/orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 or 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shelled edamame, found in freezer section (skip this if someone is allergic to soy)
- 4 to 6 cups of 1-inch sliced napa cabbage
- 1 jalapeno diced or 1 teaspoon of dried red chilli flakes (optional)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Costco rotisserie chicken, deboned, skin and fats removed, and sliced to bite size

1. Stir fry onion, bacon and garlic until onion starts to turn transparent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add carrots, celery, tomatoes, jalapeno, edamame and chicken stock. Let it boil, cover and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Add brussel sprouts and bell pepper for boil/simmer for another 10 minutes
4. Add chicken, napa cabbage and black pepper to taste, boil for another 10 minutes.

If you want some rice, you can scoop chicken vegetable soup over rice in a bowl. I normally use Costco's pre-cooked brown rice and have 1/3 bowl of it with the chicken vegetable soup. If someone prefers potatoes, you can add to the soup. My husband is diabetic and he eats it without additional starch.

Last edited:

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
Regarding Costco returns, I really hope they demand that anyone returning TP or water stand in a separate line. Our store's return line is always out the door in normal circumstances.