• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

CDC warns public to throw away hard-boiled eggs over outbreak

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
CDC warns public to throw away hard-boiled eggs over outbreak.

Richard

Perhaps "of listeria" could have been added to the end of the subject matter and headline. I opened this thinking how in the world was this connected to the outbreak of Covid-19.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Perhaps "of listeria" could have been added to the end of the subject matter and headline. I opened this thinking how in the world was this connected to the outbreak of Covid-19.

On the other hand its a good reminder that Covid-19 is not the only bad thing out there.....

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I ate egg salad recently should I be worried?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Yes - you should very worried. Best to stock pile toilet paper to be on the safe side.
I just bought Tp at Costco. Not because I needed it but because they actually had charmin in ultra strong!!!! They NEVER have charmin ultra strong by me. I usually have to go an hour out of the way to get it at a good price (outside of nyc where it’s not 7 bucks for 4 rolls). You bet I bought a brick of TP. On another note I was sick last week and have a persistent dry cough still. Will prob be quarantined starting tomorrow. What I thought may have been allergies, may not be. Verdict is still out.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Who buys hard-boiled eggs???? They are so easy to make.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Who buys hard-boiled eggs???? They are so easy to make.
I did buy, for the first time, from Costco last week. It is something like 32 eggs, 16 sealed bags of 2 each, for $7+. They cost just a little more than raw eggs. I figure they are great to take cravings away after a round of golf as I get so darn hungry even after a meal. Instead of snacking on carb, a little bit of protein can help stabilize my blood sugar. It is convenient, no need to wait for eggs to boil.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did buy, for the first time, from Costco last week. It is something like 32 eggs, 16 sealed bags of 2 each, for $7+. They cost just a little more than raw eggs. I figure they are great to take cravings away after a round of golf as I get so darn hungry even after a meal. Instead of snacking on carb, a little bit of protein can help stabilize my blood sugar. It is convenient, no need to wait for eggs to boil.
I buy then at Costco too. They cost just a little more than their regular organic eggs. Quick and easy. I guess I better check on Costo web page to see if they are on the recall list

Brett

Reaction score
I like eggs too
But then I'm told not to eat too many eggs because of the high cholesterol in the yolk

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
Personally, I have always been skeeved out by hard-boiled eggs that seem to last indefinitely. I never eat them at the hotel breakfast bars. When I boil them at home I use them within two-three days of cooking max.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
You bet I bought a brick of TP.
In these parts, we call it a 'bale.' (Akin to a bale of hay ... )
Hope you are feeling better soon!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
In these parts, we call it a 'bale.' (Akin to a bale of hay ... )
Hope you are feeling better soon!
Thank you. The other symptoms have gone all were pretty mild but I had plenty on the list. This lingering cough is the concern. I’m off from work for the rest of the week. I’m hoping it’s a case of allergies, so I Will be starting antihistamines. If that clears out the cough then I know it was just chest congestion from allergies. The nasal spray this morning helped with sinus congestion I think that is another good sign. In this environment one can’t be too careful.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thank you. The other symptoms have gone all were pretty mild but I had plenty on the list. This lingering cough is the concern. I’m off from work for the rest of the week. I’m hoping it’s a case of allergies, so I Will be starting antihistamines. If that clears out the cough then I know it was just chest congestion from allergies. The nasal spray this morning helped with sinus congestion I think that is another good sign. In this environment one can’t be too careful.

You don’t happen to take Lisinopril, do you? I took it for a long time with no issues, then I developed a dry cough. Switched to a different med, and the cough disappeared.

Hope you feel better.

Dave

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
You don’t happen to take Lisinopril, do you? I took it for a long time with no issues, then I developed a dry cough. Switched to a different med, and the cough disappeared.

Hope you feel better.

Dave
Nope. I’m well aware of lisinopril though. I used to deal with hypertension medications. I am in and out of healthcare settings so it’s not out of the realm of possibilities. It seems there are so many cases in NYC but not severe Enough to warrant testing. So the numbers are completely false. Minor cold like symptoms can be covid19, a regular common cold virus, or even allergies. Looking back at this past week, I had too many symptoms that point to a direction of covid. Thankfully I stocked up on toilet paper :LOL:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Looking back at this past week, I had too many symptoms that point to a direction of covid. Thankfully I stocked up on toilet paper :LOL:

Well, there’s that. Don’t forget cases of water. ;)

Dave