• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI for Disney Resort

Crazeskier

Reaction score
Complete newbie here in regards to the timeshare realm so be gentle.
My mother in law is the owner/member of RCI and wants to take us and the grand kids to Disney World next year and stay at a Disney property. SHe has both weeks and points available to use and is a Platinum member. We are trying to book a May/June 2021 week long trip to Disney and as far as check days go we are flexible and need either 2 1BR units or a 2BR at any of the Disney properties being their will be 5 of us total. My question is we are only seeing non Disney properties online as of right now, nothing for any Disney Property. I setup an ongoing search the other day for our range of check in dates and selected all the Disney properties. What are our chances of getting a Disney Property starting are search this early or is their something else we should do. When she contacted RCI they said there are no properties available except Sheraton Vistiana.

bladiator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Attitash Mountain Resort
Because of the way DVC properties work, they won't start banking them for RCI use until they are 6 months or less away. Also, you will only find 1BR (at least in recent searches). Right now there is only one SSR week available in June, but they will sometimes drop a bunch of them at once so you have to be on the watch. An ongoing search will take care of doing the searching for you, but again .. you won't see them until the date you are looking for is about 6 months out or less.

Crazeskier

Reaction score
Because of the way DVC properties work, they won't start banking them for RCI use until they are 6 months or less away. Also, you will only find 1BR (at least in recent searches). Right now there is only one SSR week available in June, but they will sometimes drop a bunch of them at once so you have to be on the watch. An ongoing search will take care of doing the searching for you, but again .. you won't see them until the date you are looking for is about 6 months out or less.
Thanks for the info. Hoping we hear something closer to the six months and not too much after that, do you think any OKW would be deposited or no.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
OKW is possible, but getting two units there for the same week is unlikely. Your chances of success are much much better at Saratoga. I just got back from my second stay there, both over the past several years I know it is the red-headed stepchild of DVC, but it has really grown on me.

Crazeskier

Reaction score
OKW is possible, but getting two units there for the same week is unlikely. Your chances of success are much much better at Saratoga. I just got back from my second stay there, both over the past several years I know it is the red-headed stepchild of DVC, but it has really grown on me.
Thanks. The facilities don’t really matter to us we are their for the parks. Hopefully we can get 2 rooms at SSR for the same week.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
need either 2 1BR units or a 2BR at any of the Disney properties being their will be 5 of us total.
FYI, SSR is undergoing renovations right now, and the 1 bedroom units will sleep 5 people going forward - one king bed in the master and one queen size Murphy bed and one twin size Murphy bed in the living room. Only one bathroom, though. One section of the Preferred sections is complete and they're working on the second Preferred area, so by next June they should have completed that and at least some of the Standard sections and you'd have a good chance of getting a renovated unit, if that configuration of beds would work for you.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Complete newbie here in regards to the timeshare realm so be gentle.
My mother in law is the owner/member of RCI and wants to take us and the grand kids to Disney World next year and stay at a Disney property. SHe has both weeks and points available to use and is a Platinum member. We are trying to book a May/June 2021 week long trip to Disney and as far as check days go we are flexible and need either 2 1BR units or a 2BR at any of the Disney properties being their will be 5 of us total. My question is we are only seeing non Disney properties online as of right now, nothing for any Disney Property. I setup an ongoing search the other day for our range of check in dates and selected all the Disney properties. What are our chances of getting a Disney Property starting are search this early or is their something else we should do. When she contacted RCI they said there are no properties available except Sheraton Vistiana.
Just wait. June weeks are popping up now for 2020. Some have came in as early as feb of this year. So you have plenty of time. Leave it until this time 2021. If you get antsy and need to book airfare and resort then look for alternatives. As long as your OGS is active now you’ll be fine. Of course there is no guarantee but it’s most likely too early for June of next year. Also, expect SSR and make sure you have enough points. It seems early platinum one bedrooms can go as high as 85K while most range at 50-68K if you’re dealing with RCI points. Up to 55 TPU for same rooms.

you may be able to get two rooms same week but your check in day may vary and you may have to wait to book as they may not be available at the same time. Book one in the week you want and then keep looking for another unit. If the dates don’t match up I’d say book it anyway. sometimes people release weeks and the same dates may pop up a week later.

Crazeskier

Reaction score
Thanks all for the info, been most helpful.

Can anyone answer what tell me what Priority Access is?? Was just looking to see what popped up for this year and saw these 2 listed..

1583871550174.png

Crazeskier

Reaction score
Can we add the dining plan if we book through RCI? and do we have to buy tickets from Disney or can I get them elsewhere

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Can we add the dining plan if we book through RCI? and do we have to buy tickets from Disney or can I get them elsewhere

Yes you can get the dining plan and you will have to take it for everyone you list as staying in the unit for all 7 days of the stay. No you don't have to buy your tickets from Disney. Compare prices on www. accidentaltourist.com, www.tickets2you.com and Costco or Sam's Club.

We Iike Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village and stayed there last week in a savanna view unit booked through RCI. The one bedroom villas there are the only resort where you have two bathrooms. Like Old Key West the units at AKL sleep 5 with the sleeper chair. We are staying at Saratoga Springs this week. A friend just stayed here and had no problem with DVC listing 5 people as staying in the unit here. They bought an air mattress.

Crazeskier

Reaction score
Yes you can get the dining plan and you will have to take it for everyone you list as staying in the unit for all 7 days of the stay. No you don't have to buy your tickets from Disney. Compare prices on www. accidentaltourist.com, www.tickets2you.com and Costco or Sam's Club.

We Iike Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village and stayed there last week in a savanna view unit booked through RCI. The one bedroom villas there are the only resort where you have two bathrooms. Like Old Key West the units at AKL sleep 5 with the sleeper chair. We are staying at Saratoga Springs this week. A friend just stayed here and had no problem with DVC listing 5 people as staying in the unit here. They bought an air mattress.

How far/short in advance did you book the Animal Kingdom? its 3 adults and 2 kids (11/8)

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
How far/short in advance did you book the Animal Kingdom? its 3 adults and 2 kids (11/8)

I booked it in later October so about 4 months out. This week at Sartoga Springs I booked about two weeks ago.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Thanks, I meant undercover tourist not accidental tourist. Had a senior moment. Lol.
The accidental tourist was a movie with Geena Davis right?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
The accidental tourist was a movie with Geena Davis right?

Yes. There is a website with that name for a villa in Tuscany. I'm guessing it's the one used in filming the movie. They offer cooking classes and other activities.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, I meant undercover tourist not accidental tourist. Had a senior moment. Lol.
LOL, I thought it was one I wasn’t familiar with! :LOL:

Crazeskier

Reaction score
Being you all have been most helpful, with an OGS how do you get notified if something matches? Phone call, text, email, need to login and see. May put a search in for this year and see if anything comes up and continue daily look at the properties to see if anything pops up.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Crazeskier:
You will get an email. Ideally you set it up to put the unit on hold, then you have two days to confirm or release. If RCI has your phone, you will also get a phone notification.