• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When you book a last minute DVC, how are magic bands handled?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked a LM disney unit this weekend to replace our Disneyland/Disney cruise vacation that I cancelled.

How does Disney handle magic bands for our stay? We are less than 2 weeks out, so I assume not enough time to generate and mail them.
We do have a bunch of ones from previous trips that we can use, so not a huge issue.

JohnB3

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge
You pick the up at the counter unfortunately I don’t think you can customize. They will give you the Grey ones. If you have some you like I think you can reuse. The check in desk will help or if you check in online you can link your old one# (I think)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
You pick the up at the counter unfortunately I don’t think you can customize. They will give you the Grey ones. If you have some you like I think you can reuse. The check in desk will help or if you check in online you can link your old one# (I think)

Can you add the reservation to your my Disney experience app profile? Wouldn’t that link right to the Magic Band already linked to the app? I’d assume that’s how you are able to do FP at 60 days as well?

JohnB3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Marriott - Willow Ridge
Sure and if you have two or three weeks lead time you can customize you magic band order. (I just ordered a Mickey Mouse sorcery apprentice for myself:)). I will reuse that one going forward as I paid a few $ to get a custom one and you have that option on the my Disney experience app. If the op booked rci it takes a little while to get your confirmation number to link so they are likely past the time to order for shipping. You can order for pick up at the front desk if you have a couple of days and if you don’t then the desk makes you one when you check in

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Sure and if you have two or three weeks lead time you can customize you magic band order. (I just ordered a Mickey Mouse sorcery apprentice for myself:)). I will reuse that one going forward as I paid a few $ to get a custom one and you have that option on the my Disney experience app. If the op booked rci it takes a little while to get your confirmation number to link so they are likely past the time to order for shipping. You can order for pick up at the front desk if you have a couple of days and if you don’t then the desk makes you one when you check in

Oh ok cool that makes sense. I’ll have to check that out when I ever get a DVC RCI exchange. I like the magic band situation

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We are supposed to go to Disney World in May. I hope the trip still happens. Praying this corona virus is over and done by then.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
We are supposed to go to Disney World in May. I hope the trip still happens. Praying this corona virus is over and done by then.
You should be fine! I’m going to Bahamas in two weeks. I hope haha

JohnB3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Marriott - Willow Ridge
Im booked first week in April snd hoping to be able to take the trip

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I booked a LM disney unit this weekend to replace our Disneyland/Disney cruise vacation that I cancelled.

How does Disney handle magic bands for our stay? We are less than 2 weeks out, so I assume not enough time to generate and mail them.
We do have a bunch of ones from previous trips that we can use, so not a huge issue.
When you get the Disney confirmation number (I think you may have to call DVC for that) then you can link it to your MDE. At that point the MDE website will give you a deadline to customize your MBs. If there's time to produce them but not enough time to mail them, they'll have them at the desk when you check in. If there's not enough time to produce them, they have uncustomized ones at the desk, in all the colors, not just grey.