• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Over 3,500 people quarantined on Diamond Princess cruise after guest tests positive for coronavirus

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We bought a Box of N95 Masks for our recent trip to Tasmania and Melbourne. Never needed them. Now They are in our Zombie Apocalypse Kit. Maybe they; and, all the Food and Water we have stored will come in handy.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Good topic for a stand alone thread.

Try finding n95 masks in the US. Not possible (well unless you want to pay 5x the amount to resellers that bought up the supply. I was at Lowes yesterday chatting with an associate and the problem they are facing is the tradesman that use these masks (paint, fiberglass, etc) can't even get their hands on them.
Would r95 masks be as good? I believe those actually trap oil partials too. Does anyone know?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How will the press handle this when the first person in the US dies from Coronavirus? Will it be a 24 hour news spectacular or will they point out that 16,000 people have died from the flu so far this year? I'm betting on wall to wall coverage with no mention of flu deaths...

George
No doubt the flu is overlooked as deadly as the population is used to it being around. The coronavirus seems to be transmitted very rapidly and can put a larger number of people, that have other medical conditions, at high risk. There will be many more deaths from this virus if most everyone gets it as there is no vaccine yet like the flu. Even though the percentages from death seem lower then the flu because of the masses that can get it the numbers can be much higher then the flu. Coverage will be none stop.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I started a new thread in the lounge for home preparedness …. I think an interesting thread on its own.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
119 Indians, 5 foreigners from coronavirus-hit cruise ship Diamond Princess land in Delhi on special Air
India flight - Firstpost.

Richard

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Good topic for a stand alone thread.

Try finding n95 masks in the US. Not possible (well unless you want to pay 5x the amount to resellers that bought up the supply. I was at Lowes yesterday chatting with an associate and the problem they are facing is the tradesman that use these masks (paint, fiberglass, etc) can't even get their hands on them.

After trying Walmart, Lowes, Walgreens, CVS, Target, Amazon (gouging) and groceries yesterday, I found N95 masks at regular price at Nappa Auto Parts. I think at this point, parts and paint stores, perhaps some garden supply stores are the best bets.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I received another email from DCL about our cruise next month. Thought this line item was interesting:
"We are screening all guests before they board, and anyone who feels unwell or shows flu-like symptoms will not be permitted to sail."

Kudos for the cruise lines for taking the precaution. But, this is what is concerning me. I wonder what the definition of 'unwell" is. I have a pretty good head cold right now...no fever, but stuffed sinus, sneezing, etc. If it continues...will I fly cross country and be not allowed to board because I'm "unwell" with a cold? If so, then what.....I'm stuck at the port and having to scramble to figure out plan B of vacation?

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronavirus cruise ship survivor reveals disease hits 'hard and fast'.

Richard

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let the companies pay out lawsuits if people catch it on their cruises.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
If you believe that the Coronavirus will inevitably spread to and maybe across the US, are you doing anything to prepare. I'm referring to things like loading up on food so you can self quarantine if things get bad in your community...

George
I was shopping at Costco yesterday and it was wall to wall people it was at least 3 times the amount of people I see on a Saturday ( I shop bi monthly always on Saturdays) and I’ve never seen this many people in this store. Every one in line had the carts overflowing and since I was in the checkout line for an hour I started chatting with folks. Every person told me they were stocking up because of the virus.

they saw that I only had about 15 items in my cart and most folks were shocked that I wasn’t stocking up

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it just me who feels that everyone is going nuts ever a nothing burger? Don't the prevention measures all over the world cause more pain than the actual disease? Are we sure people actually died from Corona virus rather than from other pre-existing conditions? I personally find this whole thing very suspicious.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is it just me who feels that everyone is going nuts ever a nothing burger? Don't the prevention measures all over the world cause more pain than the actual disease? Are we sure people actually died from Corona virus rather than from other pre-existing conditions? I personally find this whole thing very suspicious.
Being there is so much media attention most are focused and Being there are deaths that is where the fear is. There are other viruses and flus that are right now circulating that have caused thousand of deaths but most seem to ignore that.

I also feel there is an overreaction in fear. The virus is real and being it transmits so quickly the risk is it will reach most around the world thus more deaths because it will reach those that have the underlining conditions. The fear is what if it is me.

I just survived the flu so believe my chances are good that I would survive the coronavirus. My fear some of my loved ones might not. I lost dad due to lasting effects of the flu so I understand the fear others have.

I prepared because I realize how others are panicking by stocking up at home food as I know if It hits my area the shelves will be empty.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The two identified deaths, here in the Seattle area, occurred in individuals who were in weakened conditions. Similar to most deaths that occur from the flu.

If a person is in a weakened condition, almost any added

BTW - health officials locally believe that the novel coronavirus has been circulating in the local population for six weeks now. Meaning that a lot if people carrying it are either symptomless or only mildly ill.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score