• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

LLC question

Mommahacker

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Canterbury San Francisco
My daughter and her husband are considering purchasing Wyndham points. We are already platinum members. If they did and we both put them into one llc would they also have VIP privileges.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
If you combine everything in one account (LLC or just by adding your name to their deed), their points will receive platinum benefits. But.. it would be one account, you would have to manage payments and reservations in that one account. You can have separate logins, but the points (and fees due) would all be in the one account.

Keep in mind, that is how things work today, and with most things Wyndham, that can change at any time.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Establishing a LLC for your timeshare ownership could be construed, with a slight stretch, as a commercial enterprise. How would Wyndham considered it and could you be hurt by doing it?

PhilD41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
My parents put their points in a Wyndham Trust then added my brother and I to it. So far it has worked out well. It does mean everyone has to play nice with each other when buying more points (haven't done that yet) and booking properties. And, as has already been mentioned, it all works through one account. For us that hasn't been an issue.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Establishing a LLC for your timeshare ownership could be construed, with a slight stretch, as a commercial enterprise
Actually, that would be more than a HUGE stretch.

How would Wyndham considered it and could you be hurt by doing it

None of the major timeshare entities have any issues with an llc

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
What is the benefit of putting it in an LLC?
Maybe someone who has an LLC can answer? I looked into it a bit and my accountant didn't recommend it (he was pretty neutral on the whole thing so I left things as there were/are).

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
What is the benefit of putting it in an LLC?

In theory you might be able to transfer the LLC without triggering a loss of VIP benefits. Since the LLC would remain the “owner” of the account.

Not sure if the theory has ever been fully put to the test.

It also could shield the owner from personal liability if the LLC chose to default on their maintenance dues.