• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling

dahntahn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs, Hyatt Beach House, Hyatt Coconut Plantation
[Specific resort references removed to prevent this from becoming a de facto ad.]

I have 4 Hyatt weeks that I wish to sell. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good broker who has a lot of Hyatt experience? I want to ask marketplace prices, not pie in the sky ones like on some of the sites I have checked. I know that there will be a commission. We bought these resale during the financial crash, so our cost was pretty low. [specifics removed] I would list them on TUG but I do not know what the market is and do not know how to handle closing, etc. I am open to suggestions for alternate methods.
My plan is to sell these and buy two consecutive resale weeks at [my preferred resort] in the winter and use them every year. We always traded but this year got shut out of [my preferred resort] wait list request for the first time, so I am worried that the portfolio program has increased the competition for wait list matching. We have used these by trading to many of the Hyatt resorts but are getting older and less able to tolerate long plane flights and we like [my preferred resort] the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
What point value are the weeks ?
If they are gold , plat, or Diamond they have some value. Silver and below don’t have much value.

LT transfers can handle the paperwork.
Pretty sure you don’t need a broker to sell them. If they have value list them on TUG and RedWeek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'd definitely try to sell on TUG first and see how it goes. It doesn't sound like you are in a huge rush to sell them, but if you price it right I think they would go fast.

dahntahn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs, Hyatt Beach House, Hyatt Coconut Plantation
What point value are the weeks ?
If they are gold , plat, or Diamond they have some value. Silver and below don’t have much value.

LT transfers can handle the paperwork.
Pretty sure you don’t need a broker to sell them. If they have value list them on TUG and RedWeek

[One resort] - Diamond, Platinum, Gold. [My preferred resort] Gold. Do I contact LT Transfers before listing on TUG ?

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
When I was trying to buy diamond and platinum weeks I was looking to pay 4000 for diamond And 2000 for platinum.

I ended up paying more than that but I know some tug members that were able to buy at that low of a price. That would be rock bottom so I would ask. 6000 for diamond and 4000 for platinum and see what happens. Of course they are worth whatever anyone will pay for them so you can always ask for more.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
[One resort] - Diamond, Platinum, Gold. [My preferred resort] Gold. Do I contact LT Transfers before listing on TUG ?

The short answer is no unless you just want info.

LT Transfers is an inexpensive title transfer company recommended by many on Tug. They are familar with working with Hyatt. They will not be helping you sell - they can help with the transfer once you have a buyer assuming the buyer is agreeable.

You can get on their website and check them out. I had never sold a timeshare thru them and felt better about using them after looking on their website. I also felt they were legit because of the Tug recommendations. I wanted to use them so I was comfortable with who was dealing with my personal info.

You can use Tug to list your unit. You can use Redweek also but you have to pay to list. Or you can hire a broker if you don't want to deal with it but you will likely make less money.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
The specific resort locations were removed from your post to prevent it from becoming an ad. However the resort location of your weeks may alter who you list with - what city are your resorts near?

FWIW: Hyatt has been exercising ROFR at some of the FL properties the past 2+/- months. Some of the ROFR prices are surprisingly high - obviously those are for prime weeks at prime locations.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The specific resort locations were removed from your post to prevent it from becoming an ad. However the resort location of your weeks may alter who you list with - what city are your resorts near?

FWIW: Hyatt has been exercising ROFR at some of the FL properties the past 2+/- months. Some of the ROFR prices are surprisingly high - obviously those are for prime weeks at prime locations.
Do you have any specifics on weeks / RoFR prices?

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra Lodge
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch
Marriott Royal Palms
Sands of Kahana fractional (sold)
[Text removed. Solicitations are not permitted in public posts in the discussion forums. You may contact the original poster privately by clicking on the username in his/her post and clicking "Start conversation".]