• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Shadow Ridge Villages Recommendations

itrainu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just booked a trade at Shadow Ridge Villages...still within the 24 hour cancellation timeframe. Never stayed here. Need input from those that have stayed here. Have these been updated recently? What buildings are recommended. We are a couple in our early 60's, no kids, like it quiet with a nice view.

Need to make a decision today. Booked for March 13 to 20th.

Thanks

Quiet Pine

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We stayed there last month in Jackrabbit Village, Bldg. 2300. Great views from our corner 1BR. It's an easy exit to Frank Sinatra Dr., Hope you enjoy your stay.
2019 ShadowRidge 25%.jpg

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have enjoyed Shadow Ridge multiple times. We were there in January and our unit was in good shape. I am not sure when it was updated but unit was clean and in good shape. We prefer Villages over Enclaves due to the setup of the room.

Enclaves is one of the smallest units we have stayed in. It has a movable wall. I believe they have more of a barn door style vs the accordian style when we stayed there. Enclaves is a separate resort on the same property and you can use pool and workout room.

I believe many units will have a nice view. The property is very spread out and we decide on location by amenities we want to use; close to the main pool, quiet pool, activity center, check in area or workout rooms .

There is a lot to do in the area. The aerial tram is very nice, zoo is a nice outing and lots of hiking to choose from. We have been fortunate and most every day was 70s and sunny. Hope you enjoy your visit.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
March is prime time in the desert. It will be busy but worth it. The weather is perfect at that time. You will need reservations for dinner at most places. Lots to do, Living Desert, Aerial Tram, Sunnylands, Joshua Tree, concerts and theater. For room location, you will get a lot of road noise from Monterey Ave. The further way you can get from that, and face away from it, the quieter your room will be.

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
March is a perfect time of year weather wise. The villas units have been recently renovated and are quite nice. They are the larger units. There is an adult quiet pool in the back of the complex and the buildings by that are quiet. It’s farther from the gym, registration, main pool and it’s bar/grill area.

The enclaves are smaller units. Last time we stayed in the Enclaves those units needed a renovation and looked tired - that was 2-3 years ago. They are right next to a large pool and bar/grill area with a giant outdoor TV.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
For room location, you will get a lot of road noise from Monterey Ave. The further way you can get from that, and face away from it, the quieter your room will be.
That's basically right. You'll need to make a choice at Shadow Ridge. If you look at a resort map, you will see that many of the buildings are lined up along the main drive. So...

Choice 1: There are a series of buildings which will give you a room and balcony that face east. You will have a view of golf course and/or water feature, depending on the building and room. Since these face away from Monterey Ave, expect that your room will be quieter. You will likely have morning sun.

Choice 2: On the opposite side of the street are the buildings that face west, so your living room and balcony will be looking in the direction of Monterey Ave. If you open the door to the balcony or step out, expect more road noise. But you will gain a nice view towards the mountains. Since you are facing west, you'll see the sunset. Late in the day, it may get warm during the hot summer months.

We've stayed on both sides of that main road. We've never been in any of the buildings numbered higher than 2300. My wife is a very light sleeper and likes it quiet. On our last stay (Dec 2019), we were in a top floor room in Bldg 2300 and it was our first time in a west-facing room. We had a lovely view of the mountains (there was snow on the mountains that week) plus a view of the water feature and golf course (though partially screened by trees). We could hear some of the nearby traffic when we stepped outside on the balcony. Inside the room, traffic noise wasn’t a problem. My wife liked the unit mainly because of the view and despite the road noise. If we stay again, I'll request that side (1900, 2100, 2300).

Shadow Ridge has elevators (Desert Springs Villas does not). There is no problem with getting your luggage upstairs. We always ask for a top floor room because any footsteps above us disturb her sleep.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
For those that don't know, if you are reserved in Villages, you will not (cannot) get a room at Enclaves, and vice versa.

itrainu

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's basically right. You'll need to make a choice at Shadow Ridge. If you look at a resort map, you will see that many of the buildings are lined up along the main drive. So...

Choice 1: There are a series of buildings which will give you a room and balcony that face east. You will have a view of golf course and/or water feature, depending on the building and room. Since these face away from Monterey Ave, expect that your room will be quieter. You will likely have morning sun.

Choice 2: On the opposite side of the street are the buildings that face west, so your living room and balcony will be looking in the direction of Monterey Ave. If you open the door to the balcony or step out, expect more road noise. But you will gain a nice view towards the mountains. Since you are facing west, you'll see the sunset. Late in the day, it may get warm during the hot summer months.

We've stayed on both sides of that main road. We've never been in any of the buildings numbered higher than 2300. My wife is a very light sleeper and likes it quiet. On our last stay (Dec 2019), we were in a top floor room in Bldg 2300 and it was our first time in a west-facing room. We had a lovely view of the mountains (there was snow on the mountains that week) plus a view of the water feature and golf course (though partially screened by trees). We could hear some of the nearby traffic when we stepped outside on the balcony. Inside the room, traffic noise wasn’t a problem. My wife liked the unit mainly because of the view and despite the road noise. If we stay again, I'll request that side (1900, 2100, 2300).

Shadow Ridge has elevators (Desert Springs Villas does not). There is no problem with getting your luggage upstairs. We always ask for a top floor room because any footsteps above us disturb her sleep.
Thank you so much for the info. It was very helpful....

itrainu

TUG Member
Reaction score

March is prime time in the desert. It will be busy but worth it. The weather is perfect at that time. You will need reservations for dinner at most places. Lots to do, Living Desert, Aerial Tram, Sunnylands, Joshua Tree, concerts and theater. For room location, you will get a lot of road noise from Monterey Ave. The further way you can get from that, and face away from it, the quieter your room will be.
Thanks so much. Very helpful.

itrainu

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have enjoyed Shadow Ridge multiple times. We were there in January and our unit was in good shape. I am not sure when it was updated but unit was clean and in good shape. We prefer Villages over Enclaves due to the setup of the room.

Enclaves is one of the smallest units we have stayed in. It has a movable wall. I believe they have more of a barn door style vs the accordian style when we stayed there. Enclaves is a separate resort on the same property and you can use pool and workout room.

I believe many units will have a nice view. The property is very spread out and we decide on location by amenities we want to use; close to the main pool, quiet pool, activity center, check in area or workout rooms .

There is a lot to do in the area. The aerial tram is very nice, zoo is a nice outing and lots of hiking to choose from. We have been fortunate and most every day was 70s and sunny. Hope you enjoy your visit.
Thanks so much...Very helpful

michael49

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club, Waiohai Beach Club, Desert Springs II, Manor Club (Original Section), DC points
We are at Shadow Ridge right now: Building 1000 (first building after the gate). We face West with a beautiful view of the mountains and sunsets.
The 18th hole of the golf course lies between our building and Monterey Ave. so there is no problem with roadway noise (this will also be true for Buildings 1100 and 1300). Restaurants are superb; Spencer's, Roy's, Sherman's Deli, Cuistot, Cafe Des Beaux-Arts, Fleming's to name a few that we have visited on this trip. I think you will enjoy your stay at Shadow Ridge!