• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

It's the Weekend. Time for RCI Website to be Down AGAIN.

connect1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Blatant rant... There is no reason for a website with the amount of members that RCI has to be down as often as it is. I am in the midwest - 6am Saturday and I can't even log in. I look at the alert in the corner which I have pasted below. It states that TONIGHT - not this morning - that members will not have access.

I can't even count the number of times I have attempted to use the site and it is 'down for maintenance' or it crashes midway through searches. I am in the website industry - there is no other reason for either of these to happen so often other than RCI not allocating funds to provide a product that services their members

And why does a vacation company do maintenance on the weekends during key times people would be searching?
So wish a new exchange company was available.

1581765836429.png

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
It is too bad that RCI doesn't use some of the massive fees they make off their members to hire some competent IT employees! I have sent so many screen shots to live chat agents asking why I am seeing various page errors and messages or even resorts in wrong regions and never received any explanation. To have a popular travel website taken down every Saturday night when many people are off work, or families are together and looking for a vacation opportunity, is absolutely insane!

End of rant!

~Diane

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Blatant rant... There is no reason for a website with the amount of members that RCI has to be down as often as it is. I am in the midwest - 6am Saturday and I can't even log in. I look at the alert in the corner which I have pasted below. It states that TONIGHT - not this morning - that members will not have access.

I can't even count the number of times I have attempted to use the site and it is 'down for maintenance' or it crashes midway through searches. I am in the website industry - there is no other reason for either of these to happen so often other than RCI not allocating funds to provide a product that services their members

And why does a vacation company do maintenance on the weekends during key times people would be searching?
So wish a new exchange company was available.

View attachment 17248
The RCI website goes down every Saturday night for maintenance and has done so for years.

The reason why they selected that time is likely because it is the lowest traffic time for the website when its IT staff is working. In general, Saturday night web traffic is the lowest of the week.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most owners have no option but to pay the RCI fee so probably RCI does not think it has to improve anything. How many times have you seen the Expedia site down or slow? I can't think of any

connect1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exactly! Millions search Expedia and other travel sites without getting technical issues. If they're not going to invest in their site at least do the maintenance during the work week when there is less member traffic.

connect1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The RCI website goes down every Saturday night for maintenance and has done so for years.

The reason why they selected that time is likely because it is the lowest traffic time for the website when its IT staff is working. In general, Saturday night web traffic is the lowest of the week.

Corporate website maintenance over a weekend or a long holiday weekend is pretty standard. Not in the travel industry when many people do their personal travel research. Although RCI has continually chosen Saturday, it is not intuitive to its members' needs. I would love to see their analytics to see there is less traffic on a Saturday. I say this also as we rent properties through VRBO, etc. and most of our inquiries come through on the weekends.)

My other point was it was down way before the time frame it was supposed to be and it happens more frequently on the RCI site than any other travel site I use.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I've just gotten used to the RCI scheduled down time for maintenance and don't bother to try to use the site then.