• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2020 ] What happens once we submit Rescission Letter to Diamond Resorts?

Stephanie73

Reaction score
My mom is already a DRI owner and last weekend at a sales presentation she got talked into buying more points to solve a problem that points don't solve. (Topic for another thread...)
I have found this forum to be so valuable in helping understand how to get her out of this situation, so THANK YOU to everyone who posts on here regularly!!!

She has sent the Rescission form and letter to DRI via certified mail, as well as faxing it. She sent it well within the timeframe, 2 days after she signed papers. She also called her credit card company and disputed the charge in the same timeframe.
She received an email confirming receipt of her rescission letter (including a request not to dispute the CC charge). She also received a voicemail from DRI saying they needed to confirm some information in order to process the rescission request.

My question is: what can we expect to happen next, and in what timeframe?
If there are people on here who've successfully gotten out of the purchase, can you do it without returning any phone calls? I REALLY don't want my mom on the phone with these people, I fear it will result in a reversal of her cancellation, but she is extremely nervous about just sending a letter and not doing anything else.
Any insight into what happens next would be much appreciated. Thank you.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
My mom is already a DRI owner and last weekend at a sales presentation she got talked into buying more points to solve a problem that points don't solve. (Topic for another thread...)
I have found this forum to be so valuable in helping understand how to get her out of this situation, so THANK YOU to everyone who posts on here regularly!!!

She has sent the Rescission form and letter to DRI via certified mail, as well as faxing it. She sent it well within the timeframe, 2 days after she signed papers. She also called her credit card company and disputed the charge in the same timeframe.
She received an email confirming receipt of her rescission letter (including a request not to dispute the CC charge). She also received a voicemail from DRI saying they needed to confirm some information in order to process the rescission request.

If there are people on here who've successfully gotten out of the purchase, can you do it without returning any phone calls? I REALLY don't want my mom on the phone with these people, I fear it will result in a reversal of her cancellation, but she is extremely nervous about just sending a letter and not doing anything else.

Your mother will receive her refund within 45 days, and sometimes sooner.

There is NO reason for her to accept any phone calls; it is usually another sales ploy!

Tell her to sit back, relax, and congratulate her for sending in her rescission paperwork.

Now she can go celebrate :banana::cheer::hi:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
My mom is already a DRI ...
She also received a voicemail from DRI saying they needed to confirm some information in order to process the rescission request.

My question is: what can we expect to happen next and in what time frame?

This is a common ploy when rescission letters are received. The sales people try to get the buyer to reverse the decision to rescind. She does not need to call them back.

By the way, since she is already an owner, what happens next is that everything goes back to the way they were before she signed the papers, to her original ownership. Some people mistakenly thing that, if they are already owners, they sign and buy the new update, then rescind, that that will cancel their original ownership. No, it does not work that way.

Stephanie73

Reaction score
Your mother will receive her refund within 45 days, and sometimes sooner.

There is NO reason for her to accept any phone calls; it is usually another sales ploy!

Tell her to sit back, relax, and congratulate her for sending in her rescission paperwork.

Now she can go celebrate :banana::cheer::hi:

Good news, thank you for the reassurance!

Stephanie73

Reaction score
This is a common ploy when rescission letters are received. The sales people try to get the buyer to reverse the decision to rescind. She does not need to call them back.

By the way, since she is already an owner, what happens next is that everything goes back to the way they were before she signed the papers, to her original ownership. Some people mistakenly thing that, if they are already owners, they sign and buy the new update, then rescind, that that will cancel their original ownership. No, it does not work that way.

Yes, after we finish this rescission process, we will likely move onto the process of getting her out of the original ownership. I imagine I'll be spending some more time on this forum sorting out the best way for her to get rid of her timeshare! She didn't want it in the first place, her ex-husband "gifted" it to her in their divorce and she's been paying ridiculous maintenance fees on it ever since. I hadn't realized all this until this whole situation surfaced. Arrgghh!
Thanks for your comments!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

No need to do anything but wait. To track how much TS owners saved on TUG, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shaming.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, after we finish this rescission process, we will likely move onto the process of getting her out of the original ownership. I imagine I'll be spending some more time on this forum sorting out the best way for her to get rid of her timeshare! She didn't want it in the first place, her ex-husband "gifted" it to her in their divorce and she's been paying ridiculous maintenance fees on it ever since. I hadn't realized all this until this whole situation surfaced. Arrgghh!
Thanks for your comments!
Tru Diamond Transitions. It costs $1000 but she will be done with Diamond forever.

Stephanie73

Reaction score
No need to do anything but wait. To track how much TS owners saved on TUG, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shaming.

Don't mind sharing at all, especially as a cautionary tale. They sold her 3000 more points to get from Standard level to Silver level for $25K. My mom gave her credit card over for a down payment of $7K (which we're attempting to get reversed through rescission process) and signed loan paperwork for another $18K (at 15% interest rate!!!!). That $25K she was quoted would have actually cost her almost $45K over the life of the loan with that interest rate. So, depending how you look at it, executing the rescission saved her $25K-45K.

Stephanie73

Reaction score
Tru Diamond Transitions. It costs $1000 but she will be done with Diamond forever.

I haven't been able to review her account yet, but she thinks she only has points, not a deed. And based on what I've read here you have to have a deeded property to qualify for Transitions program. Do I have that right? Is there anything to be done if her account is points only? Obviously I'm just starting to dig into all this...

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Don't mind sharing at all, especially as a cautionary tale. They sold her 3000 more points to get from Standard level to Silver level for $25K. My mom gave her credit card over for a down payment of $7K (which we're attempting to get reversed through rescission process) and signed loan paperwork for another $18K (at 15% interest rate!!!!). That $25K she was quoted would have actually cost her almost $45K over the life of the loan with that interest rate. So, depending how you look at it, executing the rescission saved her $25K-45K.
She can give back her Standard level back to Diamond for $1k. I uploaded some guidelines and contact info.

Attachments

• 557FF0D0-E074-4B41-9424-414ED6280BD3.png
    557FF0D0-E074-4B41-9424-414ED6280BD3.png
    166.3 KB · Views: 170

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I haven't been able to review her account yet, but she thinks she only has points, not a deed. And based on what I've read here you have to have a deeded property to qualify for Transitions program. Do I have that right? Is there anything to be done if her account is points only? Obviously I'm just starting to dig into all this...
I think points are in the US collection, so it should qualify. https://www.diamondresorts.com/tran...4I_tljfF7EZUg3oFJh9hd0rDspk7LnWBoCRaoQAvD_BwE

DesireMore

Reaction score
I actually have a good friend who works in contracts for Diamond. Just send the letter to the rescission department in Las Vegas, and they're required by law to honor it. If you contact anyone in the "quality assurance" or sales department, they'll try to talk you into keeping it..

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts
I actually have a good friend who works in contracts for Diamond. Just send the letter to the rescission department in Las Vegas, and they're required by law to honor it. If you contact anyone in the "quality assurance" or sales department, they'll try to talk you into keeping it..
Hi, do you happen to the fax number of the rescission department? Thank you

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

gpatrick1122

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have the FAX number for the Rescissions Department? I would like to confirm my rescission via fax. I did send it in via certified mail. Thank You!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have the FAX number for the Rescissions Department? I would like to confirm my rescission via fax. I did send it in via certified mail. Thank You!

Your tracking number on your USPS Certified Mail confirms that it was delivered. No need to fax anything (even though it may make you feel better).

Sit back, relax, and allow up to 45 days for a refund.