• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can't find previous thread regarding Owner Update zingers

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
At least a year ago I read a thread about the comments people make at owners updates to escape. Basically one liners to end the presentation when it goes on too long. I can't find that thread. Can someone help me out?
I remember one comment in particular, something to the effect that "you invited me." I think it was @DavidnRobin who made the comment I remember, but I can't find the thread.

I'm only considering going to an update to hear the latest version of the Marriott/Vistana merger "new reality". Not buying anything.

TIA, Gina

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
This one maybe?

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
This one maybe?
No that's not it. That thread is way too old. It was only a year or so ago. I remember I commented in the thread, but I can't find it.

Thanks for trying though! :)

Edit: I just figured out how to go through my posts (couldn't find the older ones, now I see how) Now I just have to search through them. Good thing I only have 1100 or so.

Last edited:

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I found the one I was looking for. But I thought there was another thread with even more snappy responses.

“Why are you here?”
Because it was advertised as an Owners Update...

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My 'snappy comeback' lately is, "I'm not in timeshare acquisition phase. I'm in timeshare liquidation phase. How many of mine do you want?"

Jim

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I no longer say, "I don't want to go," I say, "NOT going."

A recent exchange:
Her, "We have some new info at our update blah blah blah."
Me, "I'm NOT going to the update."
Her, "Why?"
Me, "Because I'm NOT wasting my time."
Her, "But we have new info about blah blah blah."
Me after rudely interrupting her, "You can talk as long as you like, I'm NOT going."
Her, "Here's your parking pass."

Last edited:

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
Just got back from Wyndham Sedona, where we (DW and I) decided to attend the Owner Update (we aren't owners, but they didn't seem to care) for the $100 Amex gift car and some discount.

"Why are you here?" "Frankly, for the gifts, because you invited us. We're not buying anything; in fact we're selling off our timeshares."

"But the purpose of these visits is to sell you something." [He really said this!] "Sorry. Not us. Why not cut us loose and focus on the next couple?"

Which he did after 50 minutes. I didn't get to use my favorite line, "My probation officer says I'm not allowed to buy timeshares any more."

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
I no longer say, "I don't want to go, I say NOT."

A recent exchange:
Her, "We have some new info at our update blah blah blah."
Me, "I'm NOT going to the update."
Her, "Why?"
Me, "Because I'm NOT wasting my time."
Her, "But we have new info about blah blah blah."
Me after rudely interrupting her, "You can talk as long as you like, I'm NOT going."
Her, "Here's your parking pass."
Yes! I'm just a jerk. I don't even care.