• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HICV vs Wyndham

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
This questions is specifically about HICV and Wyndham. I'll start by saying I'm a 10+ year owner of HICV and have points at 3 locations all bought on the resale market. I love the flexibility. But I see a lot of destinations for Wyndham and lots of resale points. For those that own both HICV and Wyndham or have stayed at both:

Which has higher quality rooms?
Which has higher quality service?
Which has a better value for MF?
Who has better perks?
Who do you prefer overall?

Thanks!

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
This questions is specifically about HICV and Wyndham. I'll start by saying I'm a 10+ year owner of HICV and have points at 3 locations all bought on the resale market. I love the flexibility. But I see a lot of destinations for Wyndham and lots of resale points. For those that own both HICV and Wyndham or have stayed at both:

Who has better perks?

Thanks!

I would say Wyndham has the better quality rooms, since HICV has not upgraded many of the silver lake properties they acquired. Signature HICV units are better on the high end, but these cost more too and only 60 day window for us resale owners.

Both about equal on costumer service. I would prefer a HICV presentation over Wyndham. Wyndham sales are more aggressive and pushy, also not as knowledgeable in their products and lie instead of researching.

HICV has better value. Look at W point charts and you can calculate this pretty easily using Wyndham access MFs, or even a low cost property like PCB.

Who has better perks?
Not sure about perks, you would have to buy from developers in order to have a tiered membership. In HICV as resale owners, we get access to RCI and gold ihg membership with our club dues. I think Wyndham resale have to get a separate rci account (not completely sure though). In HICV if you book signature unit you get perks, they vary by resort.

I prefer HICV. The overall value, and flexibility of system wins it for me. Wyndham cost more $ for similar unit type, and this was my main issue for not burying and 150k-180k Wyndham account at Panama City. I can trade HICV Points in RCI for Wyndham properties and be about even on most paying exchange fee. I also have someone that rents Wyndham points, and I enjoy her discounts and some benefits for her being a tiered member.

I am planning on booking Wyndham midtown 45 this or next year, if I like it enough, I might buy points at this property and have priority access there as MFs are decent for NY, while also giving me access to their system. However, having a tiered member that you can trust your booking works great.

I recently acquired a WM account, and it is even more flexible than HICV. WM and Wyndham share some properties and even WM cost less on those properties. So if you like good value and flexibility, research WM as well as it complements HICV very well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I would say Wyndham has the better quality rooms, since HICV has not upgraded many of the silver lake properties they acquired. Signature HICV units are better on the high end, but these cost more too and only 60 day window for us resale owners.

Both about equal on costumer service. I would prefer a HICV presentation over Wyndham. Wyndham sales are more aggressive and pushy, also not as knowledgeable in their products and lie instead of researching.

HICV has better value. Look at W point charts and you can calculate this pretty easily using Wyndham access MFs, or even a low cost property like PCB.

Who has better perks?
Not sure about perks, you would have to buy from developers in order to have a tiered membership. In HICV as resale owners, we get access to RCI and gold ihg membership with our club dues. I think Wyndham resale have to get a separate rci account (not completely sure though). In HICV if you book signature unit you get perks, they vary by resort.

I prefer HICV. The overall value, and flexibility of system wins it for me. Wyndham cost more $ for similar unit type, and this was my main issue for not burying and 150k-180k Wyndham account at Panama City. I can trade HICV Points in RCI for Wyndham properties and be about even on most paying exchange fee. I also have someone that rents Wyndham points, and I enjoy her discounts and some benefits for her being a tiered member.

I am planning on booking Wyndham midtown 45 this or next year, if I like it enough, I might buy points at this property and have priority access there as MFs are decent for NY, while also giving me access to their system. However, having a tiered member that you can trust your booking works great.

I recently acquired a WM account, and it is even more flexible than HICV. WM and Wyndham share some properties and even WM cost less on those properties. So if you like good value and flexibility, research WM as well as it complements HICV very well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Excellent post. Thank you.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
I only own HICV so can’t comment on your specific question
But I do think HICV is drastically trying to up their game so maybe some of the above posted comments will eventually change for the better at all levels of HICV ???

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I only own HICV so can’t comment on your specific question
But I do think HICV is drastically trying to up their game so maybe some of the above posted comments will eventually change for the better at all levels of HICV ???
I've never had a bad stay at an HICV and I Stayed at half a dozen. That being said I haven't stayed at any of the Silverleaf. I assumed they would be upgrading them to the same standard.

The more I read about Worldmark the more I like them. Just wish they had access to the Club Wyndham in Sedona!

Reaction score
I would say it is more where you want to go. Wyndham has beaches in many states and Hawaii. Both have skiing. I love and have stayed a couple times at Wyndham OceanWalk, the resort is great with at least 3/4 of the resort with ocean views (even if it's from one of the sides). HICV, unlike Wyndham, charges for amenities like lazy river, miniature golf, etc. I used to own Wyndham until the Great Recession, they foreclosed but they did not touch our credit. My wife's father owns at Orange Lakes (HICV), before her mom died they enlisted a timeshare cancellation (aka upfront) company with a 12 month guarantee, I'm hoping they can get the $$$ back since the resort has not threatened foreclosure and the company does not have any lawyers on staff (which is a whole different issue). So I am relatively aware of both systems.

So, look at where you want to vacation. If there is an HICV resort nearby, buy it. Otherwise, find a Wyndham.

TS