• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disneyland admission tops $200 a day

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I know this is one of those “I remember when...” things, but I can’t help but shake my head over this. My first trip to Disney cost me something like $6.00 to get in. It was quite the “E” ticket. :)

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I heard this on the news last night. My first thought was "Probably won't be going back". Glad I had all of those years growing up when Disneyland was affordable for a family and we would go several times a year.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
It’s ridiculous how much costs have exploded. We gave up going because we are a family of 7.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The complaint on the disboards is that a few of the options have increased 50% since 2015. From memory I think it was the annual pass.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were just there midweek in January and it was packed the whole time. Granted Rise of the Resistance had recently opened, but the California Adventureland side was very busy as well. I think since they are basically out of room to expand the only way they can keep the crowds manageable is to raise prices. If there is a big recession there will be sales.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
It’s a lot of money but it’s also a good value, IMHO. I can, if I want, spend 12 hours in Disneyworld and be thoroughly entertained the entire time. By comparison, I pay $100 for a ticket to a college football game. The game lasts approximately 3 hours so extrapolated out, 12 hours of football costs me $400. Many good concert tickets now cost $100 and you get about 2-3 hours of music but only 1-2 from the headliner you’re actually paying to see.

We go to Disneyworld about every other year, partly because it does cost so much but also because there are other places we’re still waiting to see for the first time. We always look forward to our Disney trips and we have never been disappointed. As long as we can afford it and are physically able, we will continue to go.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
It’s a lot of money but it’s also a good value, IMHO. I can, if I want, spend 12 hours in Disneyworld and be thoroughly entertained the entire time. By comparison, I pay $100 for a ticket to a college football game. The game lasts approximately 3 hours so extrapolated out, 12 hours of football costs me $400. Many good concert tickets now cost $100 and you get about 2-3 hours of music but only 1-2 from the headliner you’re actually paying to see.

We go to Disneyworld about every other year, partly because it does cost so much but also because there are other places we’re still waiting to see for the first time. We always look forward to our Disney trips and we have never been disappointed. As long as we can afford it and are physically able, we will continue to go.
But it's not just the $200+ for admission. It's the food, souvenirs (if you are into that), parking, lodging if you are coming from an area where you need to spent the night. The park (I'm talking Disneyland as I'm more familiar with it) is getting more and more crowded. If you don't have some kind of game plan in place you could spend all of your time waiting in lines, i.e. more time in line that actually doing anything.

A few years ago dh, dd and I went to Epcot. I think we rode on ONE ride as lines were ridiculous and fast passes were way out until the evening. It was their Wine & Food festival so it may have been more crowded than usual.

Maybe it's just that as I've gotten older I don't have the stamina or patience for this anymore. At least not when I compare it to visiting Disneyland years ago.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad it was affordable when our granddaughter was young. She's 17 now, and too cool for Disneyland ;)

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I'm so glad it was affordable when our granddaughter was young. She's 17 now, and too cool for Disneyland ;)
That's sad. My dds (now 31 and 29) were never too cool for Disneyland.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But it's not just the $200+ for admission. It's the food, souvenirs (if you are into that), parking, lodging if you are coming from an area where you need to spent the night. The park (I'm talking Disneyland as I'm more familiar with it) is getting more and more crowded. If you don't have some kind of game plan in place you could spend all of your time waiting in lines, i.e. more time in line that actually doing anything.

A few years ago dh, dd and I went to Epcot. I think we rode on ONE ride as lines were ridiculous and fast passes were way out until the evening. It was their Wine & Food festival so it may have been more crowded than usual.

Maybe it's just that as I've gotten older I don't have the stamina or patience for this anymore. At least not when I compare it to visiting Disneyland years ago.

I totally agree you have to have the stamina. That’s why we go in the fall or winter to avoid the heat. We’ve never been to Disneyland, just Disneyworld. Actually,our favorite time is November near the end of the Food & Wine Festival. We absolutely love it! Yes, we have to pay for the food, souvenirs, etc., but isn’t that true everywhere? And one of your complaints is about how crowded it is, so they’re selling a lot of those high priced tickets to somebody. It reminds me of the old joke about the restaurant, “nobody eats there any more because it’s too crowded.”

Like I said, I know it’s expensive and a lot of people either can’t afford it, or can’t physically handle it. We’re fortunate enough at this time in our lives, we’re 65, that we can and we enjoy it very much.

Harry

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
We bought the FlexPass version of the annual pass in September of this year. With MaxPass (electronic fast passes) we paid $700 each.

We’ve already been 9 times and are planning on at least 16 Park days this year, which is around $45 per day. We’ve been sometimes staying at the Fairfield Inn for free on Bonvoy points, we pay $25 to park from our afternoon arrival time through 4pm the next day. Some of our stays are day trips, in which case we pay $25 to park in Disney parking. Some of our stays are DVC stays, in which case we’re not paying extra for parking.

So maybe for us, our park admissions will work out to $65/day or so- pretty reasonable to us. Yeah we tend to pay for some of the upgraded experience options like table service dining, dining packages, tours etc. But that’s up to us. We could eat at Panera outside the park for the same cost as we’d incur if we took a days outing at home. Or we could pack a lunch.

Yes admission prices are high but we live 15 minutes away from Six Flags which is much cheaper. But still we rarely go because the quality of the experience is much poorer in our opinions.

Disneyland is full of great rides and entertainment. Yes it’s expensive and yes it crowded and yes it’s not the same as it was in 1956 or 1972 or 1995 or 2003 (or whenever you might personally believe it’s heyday was). But honestly most things become more expensive and evolve over time.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
I’ve been going to Disney since about the they opened and now at 54 my family and I live in Florida
My wife and son go so often that her cell phone now reminds her on Friday that it’s time to leave and her map on her cell autodirects to Orlando

Yeah. Expensive but the attractions now are so high tech that to make them is expensive as well. It’s all computer type designers

For as fast as they threw together the Star Wars part and how cool it is is pretty amazing in itself

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
We are local to Disneyland and it’s cost prohibitive for most local families, especially if you have young children. Considering my 3yr old can not ride most rides, it’s maddening that we have to pay full cost. Then having special needs children, who need breaks, its frustrating to only ride 3 rides in 5hrs. It’s why most locals will go to the other amusement parks. Yes, they aren’t Disney but you can ride rides and it’s not hours wait.
Btw, I would rather spend the $$$ to go see a professional team.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
We are local to Disneyland and it’s cost prohibitive for most local families, especially if you have young children. Considering my 3yr old can not ride most rides, it’s maddening that we have to pay full cost. Then having special needs children, who need breaks, its frustrating to only ride 3 rides in 5hrs. It’s why most locals will go to the other amusement parks. Yes, they aren’t Disney but you can ride rides and it’s not hours wait.

I agree
There should be tiered pricing

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
It’s ridiculous how much costs have exploded. We gave up going because we are a family of 7.
We did too. What’s amazing is how crowded it is even with these prices.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Packages are sold via various outlets. The Convention Center has a business relationship w/ Disney.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

If I lived in a professional market, I might also. But, I don’t and that would add even more costs onto the ticket price which, I assume, is more than the $100 ticket for a college game. We all spend our entertainment dollars on what we enjoy. Fortunately, we all don’t like the same thing or those lines would be even longer, wouldn’t they?

Harry

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
I think Disney is one of those things that no matter your income level that most people at least go once
That’s a lot of “ once “ money!!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so happy, we don’t have anymore grandchildren who wants to visit Disney Land and Disney World. I can remember that I paid less than $200 for a four (4 ) day hopper ticket; that was for two (2) adults and two (2) children; that also include the both water parks .

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The 5-day passport is only $72 per day, $0 tax. It's not $200 per day. The AP we bought this year for $599 is now just $649. We will get at least 28 days out of that pass.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
The 5-day passport is only $72 per day, $0 tax. It's not $200 per day. The AP we bought this year for $599 is now just $649. We will get at least 28 days out of that pass.
The $200 is for a single day ticket.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this is one of those “I remember when...” things, but I can’t help but shake my head over this. My first trip to Disney cost me something like $6.00 to get in. It was quite the “E” ticket. :)
January 1, 1982 a general admission Disneyland ticket cost $9.50. The price today, 38 years later, represents an annual inflation rate of 8.4%. If this continues, in 2040 a one-day Disneyland ticket will cost $1,000 per person.

Go to Disneyland while it is still "cheap."

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Yes ^^^. :)

Dave

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's sad. My dds (now 31 and 29) were never too cool for Disneyland.

Yes, it's sad - sigh. But it is what it is. You're lucky. BTW, her grandmother and I still love Disney, though we don't get to go very often any more.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Can’t remember what we paid when we lived there in 1973 but it couldn’t have been much since I was n the US Army and didn’t make much.

Until people stand up and say enough, prices will continue to go up. Look at pro sporting events or recording artists concerts! We are the idiots paying the prices! Until we stand up and say no more, it will go on and on. Kind of reminds me of politics except the price we pay is our vote!